About the JBL CSMA 1120
Get a free system design
Versatility and power for your business
The JBL CSMA 1120 can be your best friend if you need a compact, flexible sound system for your car dealership, clothing store, or other business. Four input channels give you plenty of options for background music, with a priority channel for connecting a microphone for paging and announcements. With 120 watts of power in an amp that's stable from 4 to 16 ohms, you'll have all the flexibility you need to build a dream system for your place of business.
The CSMA 1120 is even easy to operate when hidden away in a darkened cabinet, thanks to the illuminated rings around each dial on the front panel. The lights are signal-sensing, so each will glow green as soon as an input signal is detected. The mixer/amplifier is also compatible with a remote volume control (not included) via a single RJ-45 port on the back panel.
- amplified mixer for commercial audio distribution features 4 input channels and one 120-watt output channel
- supports 70-volt and 100-volt distributed audio systems without the need for a separate transformer
- stable from 4-16 ohms
- uses Crown's high-efficiency DriveCore™ technology to provide excellent audio performance
- independent bass and treble controls
- dip switches for input routing, phantom power, and 70/100V operation
- illuminated rings around buttons and dials for easy operation in darkened environments
- fanless, space-saving single half-width rack space (1U) design
- rack mounting kit included
- Energy Star® certified
Inputs and Outputs:
- RJ-45 connector for use with in-wall volume control (not included)
- single 5-pin Euro-block Priority input connector with vocal override for announcements
- three 3-pin Euro-block connectors with line/mic input switch for balanced input sources
- three RCA input connectors sum unbalanced stereo inputs to mono
- 3-pin auxiliary line level output connector for each output channel
- single 5-pin Euro-block main output compatible with low impedance or constant voltage systems
- unwired Euro-block connectors are included
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 8-5/8"W x 1-3/4"H x 11-15/16"D
- weight: 10.1 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CSMA1120
What's in the box:
- CSMA 1120 mixer/amplifier
- 6' AC power cord (IEC 3-prong)
- 2 Front angle brackets
- Long angle bracket (8-1/2" length)
- Flat bracket (5" length)
- Rear angle bracket (7-7/8" length)
- Rear flat bracket (4-3/4" length)
- Five M5 x 18mm screws (with flat washers)
- Three M5 x 10mm screws
- 3 Split lock washers
- 3 Flat washers
- Twelve M3 x 6mm flathead screws
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- 4 Euroblock connectors (3 conductors)
- 2 Euroblock connectors (5 conductors)
- Operation Manual
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL CSMA 1120
Overview: The JBL CSMA 1120 is a commercial mixer-amplifier with four input channels and one output. The CSMA series mixer-amps are designed and built for commercial sound applications, such as restaurants and coffee shops, or educational applications. The CSMA 1120 is rack-mountable in a 1U half-rack space, and includes a rack-mount kit.
DriveCore Technology: The JBL CSMA series utilizes DriveCore technology developed by Crown, another Harman brand. DriveCore technology integrates the amplifier drive stage into the power output stage, and fuses everything into a chip the size of a dime. This significantly reduces the size and weight of the mixer-amps into a 1U rack space.
Harman GreenEdge: JBL Commercial mixer-amps are manufactured under Harman's GreenEdge environmental initiative, utilizing recycled copper, aluminum and steel, an energy-saving powder coat finishing process, and conforming to lead-free RoHS standards and other environmentally-conscious manufacturing processes. The result is an 80% improvement in efficiency over previous models. In addition, the CSMA mixer-amplifiers are EnergyStar certified.
Front Panel: The front panel of the CSMA 1120 includes four independent input level controls. Each level control has a ring which illuminates green to indicate presence of an input signal. A single Master volume control lets you control the output of the amplifier. The illuminated ring surrounding the volume control will light green with the presence of a signal. If the signal reaches the threshold of clipping or audible distortion, the ring will glow red. Bass and treble tone control potentiometers are provided on the output. A flat or Phillips screwdriver is needed to adjust bass and treble.
Input Configuration: The CSMA 1120 has 4 inputs, three of which accept 3-pin Euro-block connectors, while the other has a 5-pin Euro-block connector. These are designed for pre-built or professionally-wired balanced line 22-24 gauge cables. Three of the inputs also have RCA mono sum connectors for connecting audio devices, such as CD/DVD players. The remaining input (Channel 1) is capable of being used for Voice-activated Ducking (VOX function) and Priority Muting, and utilize the supplied 5-pin Euro-block connectors. Each of the 4 inputs has a Line/Mic switch for selecting the input gain, according to the source used.
Output Configuration: The CSMA 1120's powered output is designed for low impedance or constant-voltage systems. The output will accept a 5-pin Euro-block connector. Pre-built or professionally-wired, high-quality two-conductor, heavy gauge speaker wire is recommended. At distances of up to 25 feet, 16-gauge wire is recommended. From 26-40 feet, you should use 14-gauge speaker wire. To drive distributed speaker systems designed to operate at 70V or 100V, the 5-pin Euro-block connectors have designated terminals for 70V, 100V and Common. For 8-ohm speakers, the + and - terminals should be used.
Auxiliary Output: An Auxiliary output is available for connecting an additional amplifier. The audio signal is the mix of the input channels, and the output is at a fixed level. The master volume control and tone controls have no effect on the aux output signal. The Aux output has a 3-pin Euro-block connector.
Phantom Power: Phantom power (27V) can be applied to all microphone inputs by turning on the Phantom Power switch (one of the unit's DIP switches).
Hi-Z Switch: By default, the CSMA 1120 is configured to drive low impedance speakers (4 Ohms, minimum). The Hi-Z switch enables the unit to drive 70V or 100V speaker systems directly. When driving these high impedance speakers, the amplifier automatically inserts a 70Hz high-pass filter.
VOX Function: Voice-activated ducking, or the VOX function, is available on Input Channel 1. This function causes attenuation of the overall output level of the amplifier when the input level on Channel 1 reaches a set threshold. A trim pot is provided for setting the audio input level required to activate ducking. A typical usage of the VOX function is to automatically lower the background music in the room while making announcements over the audio system. After the announcement is made, the background music returns to its previously set level.
Sleep Mode: To save energy, the unit is designed to go into sleep mode when no signal is present for approximately 30 minutes. When the input signal returns, the amp will wake up and return to normal operating mode.
Remote Volume Control: An RJ-45 port is provided on the back panel for plugging in a CSR-V remote volume controller via Ethernet cable.
- Maximum Output Power: 120 watts per channel (into 4Ω or 8Ω, 1kHz, ≤ 0.5% THD)
- Line Output Level: 5.0V RMS into 10 kΩ
- Frequency Response:
- 4/8Ω Output: 20 Hz - 20 kHz (+/- 2dB)
- 70V/100V Outputs: 80 Hz - 15 kHz (+/- 2dB)
- Line Out: 20 Hz - 20 kHz (+/- 1dB)
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD):
- Power Amp Output: <0.5%, 20Hz-20kHz
- Line Output: 0.05% typical
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >90 dB
- Phantom Power: 27 VDC
- Minimum Load Impedance:
- Low Impedance Output: 4Ω
- 70V Output: 40Ω
- 100V Output: 80Ω
- Net Weight: 7.1 lbs
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?