About the JBL CSM 14
Music and announcements made easy
Music and announcements made easy
The JBL CSM 14 has four inputs — plenty for connecting background music sources and a microphone. You can manually adjust the volume threshold for voice-activated ducking, so music drops out temporarily when the microphone is on.
Music sources can be connected via balanced three-pin Euroblock connectors, or unbalanced RCA inputs that sum to mono. An RJ-45 connector on the back panel lets you add a convenient JBL CSR-V in-wall volume control.
Get a free system design
- 4-input, 1-output commercial mixer
- four individual input level control knobs
- single master output volume control
- independent bass and treble tone controls
- "vox" adjustment sets input threshold for voice-activated ducking during announcements
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- switchable 70Hz high-pass filter for eliminating low-frequency microphone rumble
- switchable 27V phantom power for microphones
- rack mounting kit included
- 3 three-pin Euroblock mic/line inputs
- 1 five-pin Euroblock mic/line input with priority muting for announcements
- 3 stereo analog RCA mono sum inputs
- three pin Euroblock line level output
- RJ-45 connector for JBL CSR-V in-wall volume control
Dimensions and warranty:
- 8-5/8"W x 1-3/4"H x 11-15/16"D
- weight: 4.3 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CSM14
What's in the box:
- 4-Channel commercial mixer
- 9.5" Long angle-bracket
- 5" Flat-bracket
- 2 Rack-ears
- 35" Power cord (IEC 3-pin)
- Four 3-pin Euroblock connectors
- One 5-pin Euroblock connector
- Five 20mm screws w/ flat-washers
- Eight 8mm screws w/ lock- and flat-washers
- Eight 6mm screws
- 4 Rubber stick-on feet
- Operation manual
More details on the JBL CSM 14
Overview: The JBL CSM 14 is a 4 channel mixer capable of a wide range of applications, such as background music, security, and paging for commercial installations ranging from schools and hospitals to restaurants and fitness centers. It features 4 input channels and a single output for passing the signal to an amplifier (sold separately).
Inputs: Each of the 4 input channels is comprised of a Euroblock connector, that can accept either Line or Mic level signals, along with a pair of RCA jacks for running consumer-level audio signals, such as a CD or media player. Input 1's Euroblock connector includes connections for a paging microphone along with an audio source. Each input includes a 2-way switch for selecting the signal type with selections for either Mic or Line.
Output: A single 3-pin Euroblock connector provides a Line Level output signal, up to 5.0Vrms, for running to an outboard amplifier or mixer/amplifier.
VOX Function: Voice-activated ducking, or the VOX function, is available on input channel 1. This function causes attenuation of the overall output level of the amplifier when the input level on channel 1 reaches a set threshold. A designated VOX trim pot is provided for setting the audio input level required to activate ducking. A typical usage of the VOX function is to automatically lower the background music in the room while making announcements over the audio system. After the announcement is made, the background music returns to its previously set level.
Phantom Power: A rear-panel switch can apply 27VDC of phantom power to the inputs when using condenser microphones requiring external power.
High-Pass Filter: A rear-panel switch applies a 70Hz high-pass filter to all signals passing through the mixer.
Bass/Treble: Two recessed front-panel dials can provide +/- 10dB of adjustment @ 100Hz and 10kHz for the output signal.
Signal&Clip Indication: Each of the 4 input channels has its own front-panel Level Control with an illuminated ring around each. The rings will light green when signal is present and will change to red when the signal has reached the threshold of audible distortion (clipping). The Power button also has an illuminated ring that lights green when the unit is in standby and blue when in a normal operating mode.
CSR-V Remote Volume: An RJ-45 jack is provided for connecting an optional CSR-V remote control (sold separately). The remote is wired with CAT-5 cable and allows you to remotely select the source and/or control the volume on the mixer from up to 1000 feet away. The CSR-V is available in black or white.
Mounting: The CSM 14 can used in a table- or shelf-mount orientation with 4 rubber stick-on feet provided. Rack-mounting hardware is provided for either mounting a single unit or for mounting 2 units side-by-side in a standard 19" rack.
- Input Channels: 4 (Euroblock & RCAs)
- Input Sensitivity (for a 5V output):
- Mic: 3mVrms
- Line: 775mVrms
- RCA: 300mVrms
- Output Channels: 1 (Euroblock)
- Output Level (Line): 5.0Vrms into a 10 kilo-ohm load
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz (+/- 1dB)
- THD: 0.05% Typical
- S/N Ratio: >90dB
- Input Impedance:
- Mic: 400 ohm
- Line: 20 kilo-ohm
- RCA: 50 kilo-ohm
- Phantom Power: +27VDC
- Crosstalk: >70dB
- Tone Controls:
- Bass: +/- 10dB @ 100Hz
- Treble: +/- 10dB @ 10kHz
- Nominal AC Line Voltages: 100V - 240V, 50/60Hz
- Dimensions: Width - 8.625" (19" w/ rack-mount brackets), Height - 1.75", Depth - 15.25" (incl. power cord)
- Net Weight: 4.3 lbs.