About the JBL® CSM-32
Mix background music and announcements
The JBL CSM-32 lets you create a seamless mix of sound from three separate sources. It features a music muting feature that lets you make announcements through an optional paging microphone without having to raise your voice over the tunes. Use bass and treble EQ in each channel to get exactly the sound you want, or let built-in smart features like LevelGuard™ and AutoWarmth™ make everything sound great.
- commercial mixer with three stereo inputs
- two stereo zone outputs let you set different volume levels in different rooms
- dedicated mono subwoofer output for each zone
- selectable 125 Hz 2-way crossover for each zone
- auxiliary input and output
- LevelGuard™ keeps volume levels consistent across the board
- AutoWarmth™ ensures full fidelity at all zone levels
- Phoenix-style Euroblock input and output connections
- two RJ-45 ports for linking together multiple mixers and sharing input sources
- 17-3/16"W x 1-13/16"H x 6-3/4"D
- weight: 5.3 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CSM-32
What's in the box:
- CSM-32 Public Address mixer
- Front panel security plate
- 2 Two 9-pin Euroblock connectors
- Four 3-pin Euroblock connectors
- One 2-pin Euroblock connector
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- 2 Rack mount ears
- 2 M3 x 9mm screws (for security cover)
- Four 10-32 x 1/2" rack screws
- 4 M3.5 x 8mm screws (for rack ears)
- 7' AC power cord (IEC 3-prong)
- AC adapter with attached 39" DC output cord (DC output: 12V 2.5A)
- Mixer User Guide
- Self-adhesive labels
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL® CSM-32
Overview: The JBL Commercial CSM-32 is a public address mixer that lets you route multiple audio signals to two zones with microphone override. JBL's built-in AutoWarmth and LevelGuard technology provide excellent equalization and dynamics control. The mixer can be linked via CAT-5 to other mixers for system expandability. Optional remote controls can be connected for remote source selection and volume control within a zone. The CSM-32 is rack-mountable, and comes with rack ears and hardware.
Dual Zone Outputs: The CSM-32 lets you output audio to two separate zones. Each zone output features hardwired connections for left, right, and subwoofer speakers through 9-conductor Euroblock (or Phoenix) connectors. Each zone output can be wired for stereo or mono signals. A built-in 125 Hz 2-way crossover (with Butterworth 24dB/octave filter) allows you to high-pass the main speakers and low-pass the subwoofer in each zone for a wide, full-range sound. The crossover can be engaged or disengaged via a 2-way push button.
Line Inputs: Three stereo RCA inputs are provided for connecting line level sources, such as a CD player, TV, or other 2-channel audio player. Each input has a rotary gain control (adjustable by screwdriver) with a dual-color, signal/clipping LED indicator. The Source 1 input also has an adjustable Priority Hold feature for override purposes.
Mic Input: The CSM-32 features a microphone input with a 3-conductor balanced Euroblock connector, rotary gain control (screwdriver required), and signal /clipping LED. You can apply +48 VDC/10mA phantom power, if needed, via a 2-way push button. On the front panel, you can cut or boost bass (250Hz) and treble (2kHz) by up to +/-6dB to the microphone signal.
Ducking: Ducking automatically decreases the level of the background music when a page takes place. You can set the Trigger Sensitivity so that the attenuation reliably takes place whenever audio from the microphone is detected. The amount of attenuation of the background music, or Ducking Depth, can also be adjusted.
AutoWarmth: JBL's AutoWarmth technology is similar to the "loudness" control on a home or car stereo. Humans typically hear less low frequencies at low volumes, and hear more low frequencies at high volumes. Based on this tendency, AutoWarmth ensures full music fidelity by applying more bass when the volume is low, and less bass as the volume increases. AutoWarmth trim pots and indicator LEDs are provided on each zone output, and can be adjusted with a screwdriver.
LevelGuard: The LevelGuard function helps to keep the volumes between the connected sources consistent. LevelGuard senses the level of the incoming audio source and automatically processes the signal to your preferences. The threshold for LevelGuard can be adjusted from the front panel (screwdriver required).
Security Cover: After the system is calibrated, the supplied translucent gray plastic security cover can be installed on the front panel to prevent tampering. Screws are provided for attaching the cover.
Auxiliary I/O: The mixer has Euroblock connections for additional inputs, controls, and outputs on the rear panel:
- ISO Aux Out: This output sends a transformer-isolated mono signal for a music-on-hold system, or a separate mono auxiliary zone. It has a level adjustment control to match other applications.
- Page Assign: This connection allows you to assign pages between output zones.
- Music Mute: The music mute connection can be wired to a switch that mutes the background music when you choose to do so.
- Direct Input: The Direct Input signal is sent directly to the outputs for connecting alarms, emergency pages, or other priority-level pages. It has a gain control to adjust the volume of the Direct Input to the zone outputs.
Installation: The CSM-32 PA mixer can be placed on top of a table or desk. In this case, the provided self-adhesive rubber feet can be attached to the bottom of the chassis. Two mounting brackets are supplied for mounting the mixer in an equipment rack or on a wall. In these instances, the rubber feet are not used. When rack mounted, the mixer fits into a 1U rack space.
Linking Mixers: Two RJ45 ports (labeled Main and Sources) are provided for linking multiple CSM-series mixers together via CAT-5 cables. Linking cables should be no more than 2.4 meters (7.9 feet) in length. Linking mixers provides additional output zones, but does not increase the number of inputs. Source linking allows multiple mixers share the same input source, eliminating the need for Y-cables. Main linking allows multiple mixers to share the Mic input, Music Mute, and Direct Input functions.
Optional Zone Remotes: Two RJ-45 jacks are provided, one for each output zone, for connecting an optional remote control. These remotes are wired with CAT-5 cable and allow you to remotely select the source and/or control the volume on the mixer from up to 1000 feet away. Compatible remote controls include:
- CSR-V: lets you control the volume of the source selected by the mixer; available in black or white
- CSR-2SV: lets you control the volume and select from two sources; available in black or white
- CSR-3SV: lets you control the volume and select from three sources; available in black or white
Firmware Updates: A Type B USB connector lets you connect your computer to the mixer for updating the mixer's firmware.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz (+/- 0.1dB)
- Dynamic Range: 104dB, A-weighted (20Hz-20kHz)
- Converter Type: The mic input uses a dbx Type IV Conversion System
- Sample Rate: 48 kHz
- Crosstalk: >75dB
- THD+N: 0.005% typical at +4dBu, 20Hz-20kHz, 0dB gain
- Line Inputs:
- Nominal Sensitivity: -10dBV
- Input Impedance: 20k ohms
- Maximum Input: +12dBu
- Equalization: Bass +/-10dB @ 80Hz, Treble +/-10dB @ 8kHz, 6dB/octave shelf
- Mic Inputs:
- Input Impedance: 2k ohms
- Maximum Input: +20dBu
- Equalization: Bass +/-6dB @ 250Hz, Treble +/-6dB @ 2 kHz, 6dB/octave shelf
- Pre-amp Gain: +30dB to +60dB adjustable
- Phantom Power: +48VDC, 10mA
- Zone Outputs:
- Output Impedance: 120 ohm balanced
- Max Output Level: +20dBu
- Left, Right: 125Hz high-pass, Butterworth 24dB per octave
- Subwoofer: 125Hz low-pass, Butterworth 24dB per octave
- Dimensions: Width 17.1875", Height 1.753", Depth 6.736"
- Weight: 5.3 pounds