JBL Control® 126WT
6-1/2" commercial in-wall speakers
Our take on the JBL Control® 126WT by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
An in-wall speaker that's all business
Standard in-wall speakers are great for a casual movie night at home. But if you want to fill your place of business with high-quality sound, a pair of JBL Control 126WT speakers can provide the extra flexibility you need. They feature multi-tap transformers for use with 70-volt or 100-volt audio systems. The 6-1/2" woofer with butyl rubber surround and aimable 1" titanium tweeter dish out clear sound and are built to last. See what our satisfied customers have to say.
Get a free system design
- 6-1/2" polymer-coated aluminum woofer with butyl rubber surround
- aimable 1" titanium tweeter
- handles up to 100 watts program power
- frequency response: 38-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- multi-tap transformer for 70V or 100V systems
- tapped at 3.7, 7.5, 15, and 30 watts
- does not have 8-ohm bypass, must be used with 70/100-volt amplifiers
- paintable grilles included
- step-by-step mounting instructions included
- 9-3/4" x 7-1/4" cutout recommended
- 8-1/2"W x 11"H x 4-1/8"D
- weight: 5.9 lbs. (each)
- warranty: 5 years parts and labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 2 In-wall speakers
- 2 Grilles
- Cardboard paint shield
- Cardboard template
- Installation Manual
- Manual Addendum
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||6.5|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|System Frequency response||38-20k|
|Power rating||126 watts|
|Peak Power rating||0|
Control Contractor Series In-Wall Speaker: The JBL Control 126WT is a premium in-wall speaker within the JBL Professional Control® Contractor line designed for applications such as foreground music, boardrooms, reception areas, airports, convention centers, cruise ships, retail outlets, restaurants, museums, surround locations, or any critical listening application where top performance from a loudspeaker with minimal visual impact is required
Note: All JBL Control Contractor loudspeakers (both ceiling speakers and surface-mount models) are designed with a similar sonic signature, allowing for mixing and matching of the various models within an application, providing a similar tonal character throughout the entire listening area.
Two-Way Coaxial Design: The Control 126WT contains a 1" pure titanium tweeter and 6.5" woofer that provide high-fidelity sound over an extremely wide coverage area.
- 1" Pure Titanium Tweeter: The 1" pure titanium dome tweeter is loaded with a built-in EOS (Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal) waveguide for low distortion and a smooth frequency response. A low-diffraction swivel mounting system enables you to direct high frequencies where required without the diffraction distortion inherent in other aimable tweeter designs.
- 6.5" Polymer-Coated Aluminum Woofer: The high-performance 6.5" woofer features a polymer-coated aluminum cone for high performance down to the 38 Hz and pure butyl rubber surround for long-life and high reliability along with extended pole-piece magnet design for long excursion and tight, low bass.
3rd Order Crossover: The Control 126WT in-ceiling speaker utilizes a 3rd order (18 dB/oct) Low Pass crossover for the woofer and 3rd order (18 dB/oct) High Pass crossover for the tweeter. This high-slope crossover network maintains natural midrange sound and produces more even coverage throughout the listening area.
70V Compatible: The Control 126WT includes a 30W multi-tap transformer for use in 70.7V distributed-line systems. Tap settings include 3.7W, 7.5W, 15W, and 30W.
Screw-Down Connectors: There are individual screw-down speaker terminals for each tap setting. Use speaker wire between 18 and 14 gauge.
Cutout Dimensions: The speaker fits into the wall space of ordinary stud-wall construction (maximum wall thickness of 1.25"). It requires a cutout of 7.25" wide x 9.75" high x 4.0" deep.
Optimum Air Cavity: The Control 126WT is designed to function over a wide span of rear air cavity sizes within the wall. The optimum air cavity (sometimes called "loading volume") for fullest low frequency performance is between 20 to 40 liters (0.7 to 1.4 cu ft). In a wall with studs located 16" on-center, this approximately equals a 23" to 46"h high space. It is recommended that the air cavity behind the speaker be sealed by the use of silicone sealant or similar material to help create an air-tight seal and minimize wall noise.
Paintable: The speaker trim and grille are paintable to match any decor. A paint shield is provided for covering the drivers while painting the rim.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Needed speakers otherwise no sound would be audible from sound system. [ JOHN Sep 07, 2017 ]