About the JBL Control® 24CT
An in-ceiling speaker that's all business
An in-ceiling speaker that's all business
Standard in-ceiling speakers are great for background music on a quiet evening at home. But if you want to fill your place of business with high-quality sound, the JBL Control 24CT can provide the extra flexibility you need.
These speakers feature multi-tap transformers for use with 70-volt or 100-volt audio systems, and 16 ohm nominal impedance allows plenty of power distribution options as well. The 4" woofer with butyl rubber surround and 3/4" titanium tweeter dish out clear sound and are built to last.
Get a free system design
- coaxially mounted 4" woofer with butyl rubber surround and 3/4" titanium tweeter
- handles up to 80 watts continuous program power
- frequency response: 80-20,000 Hz
- maximum SPL: 102 dB
- sensitivity: 86 dB
- 16 ohm nominal impedance
- multi-tap transformer for 70V or 100V systems
- does not have 8-ohm bypass, must be used with 70/100-volt amplifiers
- formed steel back enclosure
- step-by-step mounting instructions included
- 6-5/8" cutout diameter
- 7-1/4" mounting depth
- weight: 8 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years parts and labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # Control 24CT
What's in the box:
- 2 In-ceiling speakers
- 2 Grilles
- 2 "C"-brackets
- 4 Tile-rails
- 4 Screws
- 2 Cardboard cutout templates
- Paint shield
- Owner's Manual
JBL Control® 24CT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL Control® 24CT
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||4|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|System Frequency response||80-20k|
|Peak Power rating||0|
Control Contractor Series In-Ceiling Speaker: The JBL Control 24CT is a compact ceiling speaker providing premium performance in background, foreground, and music, plus paging sound systems. The Control 24CT is perfectly suited for a wide variety of applications from professional offices and airports to restaurants and specialty retail stores. High power handling, wide frequency response and low distortion make the Control 24CT ideal for sound systems requiring a higher fidelity sound from ceiling loudspeakers. The premium performance capability ensures excellent sound character, providing pleasant, enveloping sound throughout the listening area.
Note: All JBL Control Contractor loudspeakers (both ceiling speakers and surface-mount models) are designed with a similar sonic signature, allowing for mixing and matching of the various models within an application, providing a similar tonal character throughout the entire listening area.
Two-Way Coaxial Design: Most compact of the JBL in-ceiling speakers, the Control 24CT contains a coaxially mounted 4" woofer and 0.75" titanium-coated tweeter, providing high-fidelity sound over an extremely wide coverage area.
- 4" Polypropylene Woofer: The 4" woofer features a polypropylene-coated cone and pure butyl rubber surround for long life, even in high humidity environments. An aluminum voice coil former provides extra cooling for greater long-term power handling.
- 0.75" Titanium Tweeter: The coaxially mounted 0.75" titanium coated tweeter provides crisp, clear highs. Diffraction-loading of the tweeter provides wide, even coverage of the listening area. The extremely broad 130° coverage pattern allows for fewer speakers to be used, making for a simpler and less expensive installation.
Computer-Optimized Ported Enclosure: The computer-optimized ported enclosure delivers warm, smooth bass response. Low frequency output can be further augmented with the addition of one of JBL's Control Contractor subwoofer models (sold separately).
70V/100V Compatible: Control 24CT includes a 30W multi-tap transformer for use in either 70.7V or 100V distributed-line systems. Taps are selected with a rotary switch conveniently located on the front panel, but protected under the grille, so that the speaker does not have to be removed to adjust tap settings.
- 70V Taps: 30W, 15W, 7.5W, 3.7W
- 100V Taps: 30W, 15W, 7.5W
Removable Locking Connector: Input connection is conveniently provided on a removable locking connector (included), providing secure connection via screw-down terminals and allowing a system to be pre-wired before installing the speaker for fast snap-on convenience. Separate connector terminals are available for the input and for the loop-through wires, making it easy to jumper the speaker signal to additional speakers. The input terminal plate provides strain relief for either bare wire, plenum cable, or 0.5" conduit. The terminal box is securely enclosed to meet safety codes. You will need to remove a philips-head screw to access connector terminals.
- Input Terminals: Terminals 2 (+) and 3 (-) are the input terminals of the loudspeaker.
- Loop-Thru Terminals: Terminals 1 (+) and 4 (-) are the loop-thru terminals to output connection to other speakers.
Mounting Options: Installation of the Control 24CT is quick and easy. The loudspeaker is packaged complete with the backcan, grille, support backing bracket, and tile rails. The entire installation can be accomplished without requiring access above the ceiling. A template is provided for marking the cutout. An innovative C-shaped support backing plate can be installed from below through the cutout to reinforce the top of the ceiling material. Tile bridge rails are included which can be screwed onto the C-plate to extend support to the T-channel grid in suspended ceiling installations. After the speaker is fitted through the cutout, it is held securely in place via three mounting tabs which tighten onto the C-plate, if used, or directly onto the ceiling material.
- Frame Diameter: 7.75"
- Cutout Diameter: 6.625"
- Mounting Depth: 7.5"
Note: The Control 24CT backcan is made of formed steel and the speaker is suitable for use in air handling spaces, per U.L.-2043. An attachment loop is provided on the backcan for cabling to the building structure as a secondary support in seismic areas or where required by code.
Paintable: The speaker trim and grille are paintable to match any decor. A paint shield is provided for covering the drivers while painting the rim.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked