About the JBL Control® 88M
Get started with
a free system design
After we gather your information, we’ll send you a detailed system plan. It will include a link to a pre-filled shopping cart. Ordering is easy, and delivery is fast.
Robust sound for outdoor locations
The JBL Control 88M features a rugged 8" woofer along with a 1" soft dome tweeter, so you can expect good bass response and excellent clarity when you play music for customers on the patio or by the pool. This weather-resistant landscape speaker offers 360 degrees of horizontal sound coverage. It can be mounted above ground, or partially buried to present a low profile.
- in-ground weatherproof outdoor speaker designed to blend into landscaped areas
- handles 240 watts program power
- frequency response: 47-16,000 Hz
- 2-way speaker with 8" polypropylene woofer and 1" PEI soft dome tweeter
- 360° horizontal coverage angle
- multi-tap transformer for 70V systems
- 7.5, 15, 30 and 60 watt taps
- sensitivity: 87 dB
Dimensions and warranty:
- 14" diameter x 20-13/16" high
- weight: 17 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years parts and labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CONTROL 88M
What's in the box:
- Landscape speaker (top and bottom halves pre-mounted) w/ 43" attached bare-ended speaker wire
- 2 Gland nuts
- Cover plate
- 3/4" Security screw
- Screw cap
- Four 1/2" counter-sunk screws
- 2 Wire nuts
- Phillip-head screwdriver
- Installation instructions
JBL Control® 88M reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL Control® 88M
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|System Frequency response||60Hz-15kHz|
|Peak Power rating||---|
Overview: The JBL Control 88M Mushroom Landscape speaker is a highly weather-resistant landscape speaker that can be mounted on-ground or partially in-ground and provide high quality sound with 360˚ coverage. The Control 88M features a compact design that's unobtrusive and easily blends in with its surroundings, making it ideal for a variety of applications such as shopping malls, theme parks, sports venues, casinos, resorts, restaurants, entrance ways, hospitality venues, and more.
Drivers: The Control 88M includes an 8" woofer driver made with a polypropylene cone, polyurethane surround, a Kapton former, and a 1.5" voice-coil. The Control 88M also features a 1" Polyetherimide (PEI) dome tweeter. Both drivers are mounted in the top section of the enclosure in a down-firing orientation. Both drivers are highly weather-resistant for year-round outdoor use.
Enclosure: The JBL outdoor speaker features a tough polyethylene enclosure, with a powder coated stainless steel grille, that's resistant to both weather and abuse from lawn care equipment. The top section of the enclosure, that contains the drivers, uses a twist-lock method of attaching to the bottom section, making installation and removal easy. A security screw with hole-plug are provided for keeping the enclosure secure. The bottom section can be mounted on-ground or in-ground and includes mounting holes for security anchors (not included). The enclosure's color extends throughout the material so the speaker will maintain its color even when scraped or scratched.
70/100V/8Ω: The Control 88M includes a built-in transformer and can be wired for either 70V, 100V, or 8Ω operation. The outdoor speaker can handle up to 240W continuous program power (480W peak power). A 43" section of pre-attached wire is included along with 2 gland nuts and 2 gel-filled wire nuts for water-tight wiring. A tap dial on the upper section allows easy selection of the power setting with the following selections available:
- 70V: 60W, 30W, 15W, and 7.5W.
- 100V: 60W, 30W, and 15W.
- Drivers: 8" Woofer, 1" dome tweeter
- Frequency Response (±3dB): 60Hz-15kHz
- Frequency Range (-10dB): 47Hz-16kHz
- Power Rating: 240W Program power/480W peak power.
- Sensitivity: 87dB @ 1W
- Nominal Coverage Angle: 360˚ H / 160˚V
- Maximum SPL: 108dB @1M
- Dimensions: Diameter = 16.750", Height = 20.50"
- Net Weight: 17 lbs.
1 question already asked