About the JBL Control® HST
Get a wide soundfield from a unique on-wall speaker
The JBL Control® HST provides 180° sound field for wide-open commercial spaces.
Get a wide soundfield from a unique on-wall speaker
The JBL Control HST doesn't look like most on-wall speakers, for a good reason. Inside the angled cabinet is a wall-facing woofer and two horizontally splayed tweeters, in a layout that maximizes sound dispersion over a wide area. A special wall bracket is included that places the speaker at the proper distance from the wall to produce even, balanced sound with solid bass response.
The Control HST is equipped with 70- and 100-volt taps so you can install multiple speakers throughout a commercial space in a distributed audio system. The JBL Control HST's unique design creates a broad hemispherical soundfield with even, balanced response.
Get a free system design
- 5-1/4" ceramic metal woofer
- two splayed aluminum tweeters
- handles up to 100 watts continuous program power
- frequency response: 68-18,000 Hz
- multi-tap transformer for 70V or 100V systems
- 7.5, 15, 30, and 60-watt taps
- 8-ohm bypass setting for use with regular home audio receivers and amps
- weather-resistant enclosure and transducers
- matching U-bracket for wall mounting included
- cabinet and grille can be painted to match your decor
- impedance: 8 ohms
- 14-1/4"W x 10-1/16"H x 8-1/4"D
- weight: 9.5 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years parts and labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # Control HST
What's in the box:
- Surface-mount loudspeaker
- 4 Screws
- Spec Sheet
JBL Control® HST reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL Control® HST
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||3|
|Woofer Size (inches)||5.25|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||0.75|
|System Frequency response||68-18k|
|Peak Power rating||0|
HST (Hemispherical Soundfield Technology): The Control HST utilizes JBL's patent-pending Hemispherical Soundfield Technology to achieve extremely wide coverage of the listening space along with eliminating the primary wall reflection that tends to cause inconsistent sound when speakers are attached to a wall. The wide hemispherical soundfield covers from wall to wall, allowing a single speaker to provide high-fidelity full-range sound to a large listening area. This can reduce the number of speakers needed for covering a space, lowering the overall cost for a sound system.
- Provides extremely wide horizontal coverage that approaches 180°, covering a greater area with fewer speakers.
- Reduces the primary wall reflection, resulting in a flat frequency response and consistent sound character at all listening positions.
Patent-Pending Design: The patent-pending design includes a wall-facing woofer, two horizontally splayed tweeters, a wall bracket that spaces the speaker the required distance from the wall, and a tapered cabinet that provides proper loading and dispersion of the sound. The Control HST uses CMMD (ceramic metal matrix diaphragm) for its woofer and tweeters.
- Splayed Tweeters: The dual 0.75" tweeters feature aluminum diaphragms with a CMMD treat, polyurethane surround, a neodymium magnet, and fluid-cooling for high output, low distortion and humidity resistance.
- Wall Facing Woofer: The well-damped woofer incorporates a CMMD ceramic metal matrix diaphragm for a very high stiffness-to-weight ratio, high output, resistance to humidity and long-term durability.
Flatter Frequency Response: With most on-wall (surface-mount) speakers, the baffle of the speaker is some distance from the wall. It is the nature of low and low-mid frequency sound waves to wrap around the speaker, where they reflect back out from the wall, recombining with the original sound. When this occurs, some frequencies add coherently to the original sound and other frequencies cancel, causing peaks and dips in the resulting frequency response and inconsistencies from location to location within the listening space. By substantially reducing this occurrence, Control HST is able to provide a flatter resulting frequency response along with a more consistent sound character throughout the room.
Controlled Sound: Engineered noise canceling allows Control HST to provide a flatter resulting frequency response along with a more consistent sound character throughout the room.
Fiberglass-Reinforced ABS Cabinet: The JBL Control HST loudspeaker features a fiberglass-reinforced ABS cabinet with aluminum grille. Outdoor capability is enhanced by the painted aluminum grille that eliminates rusting. The cabinet is tapered to provide proper loading and dispersion of the sound. The speaker cabinet is a sealed-type (non-ported).
Weather Resistant: The Control HST loudspeaker can withstand humidity (Mil Spec 810), salt spray (ASTM G85), temperature, and UV.
8Ω or 70V/100 Multitap Transformer: The Control HST is capable of handling 100 Watts in 8Ω, and is equipped with a 60W 70V/100V multitap transformer.
- 8Ω: 100W RMS, 400W Peak
- 70V: 60W, , 30W, 15W, 7.5W
- 100V: 60W, 30W, 15W
Euro-Black 4-Pin Speaker Terminals: The Control HST loudspeaker is fitted with a removable locking euro-block 4-pin connector with screw-down terminals for bare wire (up to 12 AWG). There are two pins for input and two pins for parallel loop-thru. The loop-thru terminals allow you to connecting in parallel to another speaker.
Wall-Bracket: A heavy-duty weather-capable zinc-rich, thick powder coated U-bracket is included. The speaker must be installed on its U-bracket for proper spacing to the wall. Do not mount the speaker directly in the corner of a room or onto a pole. It requires a wall surface in order to work properly.
Applications: Control HST is ideal for a wide variety of applications, including retail stores, restaurants, corridors, educational facilities, hospitality, music cafes, leisure venues, upscale lobbies, and other background/foreground music and paging applications. The IP-54 outdoor capability also makes it suitable for applications where an outdoor capable speaker is required.
1 question already asked