About the JBL EON ONE Compact
The little giant
The little giant
JBL's EON Series powered speakers are known for high performance and intelligent design. Now, JBL brings you the EON ONE Compact portable self-contained PA system — a lightweight enclosure which contains a 8" subwoofer, a 1" tweeter, a 4-channel mixer, and a built-in amplifier with 120 watts peak power. At only 18 pounds, the compact polypropylene enclosure is easy to transport and simple to set up.
Mixing it up
The EON ONE Compact's integrated mixer offers line and microphone inputs for a variety of sound sources:
- Channels 1 and 2 have inputs for line (1/4") and microphone (XLR) connections, along with phantom power to operate condenser microphones.
- Channel 3 offers a hi-Z 1/4" TRS jack for connecting a guitar or other electric instrument.
- Channel 4 accepts a 3.5mm stereo plug from your personal media devices.
The mixer also features bass and treble controls; a Reverb knob allows you to apply a variety of JBL and Lexicon effects including reverb, delay, and chorus. A one-touch Ducking switch lowers the level of music playback when the system detects speech input.
Wired or wireless
In addition to the mixer's line- and microphone-level inputs, you can also stream audio from your smartphone to the EON ONE Compact via Bluetooth and control the system from your phone using JBL's free Compact Connect app (available for Android and iOS). You'll get additional capabilities with the app, including 8-band output EQ and the ability to create system presets for speedy setup. You can run two EON ONE Compact units in stereo with the unit's pass-through output jack or the app, which also allows you to control up to four units simultaneously.
The EON ONE Compact runs on a battery with 12 hours of life which recharges in only 2-1/2 hours when the system is not in use, and as little as six hours when the system is in operation. Two USB 3.0 ports offer high-speed charging for your portable devices.
The system's rugged polypropylene exterior and perforated steel grille helps protect the speakers from accidental damage. A built-in handle lets you carry the enclosure with one hand, making it simple to transport. A standard 36mm pole mount gives you additional setup options.
- compact portable PA system
- includes 1" high-frequency driver and 8" subwoofer
- Bluetooth connectivity for streaming music
- built-in Class D amplifier (120 watts peak power)
- 20 watts peak for 1" driver
- 100 watts peak for 8" sub
- Ch 1-2: combo 1/4"/XLR line/mic inputs with phantom power
- Ch 3: Hi-Z line-level input with 1/4" TRS jack for electric instruments
- Ch 4: 1/8" stereo input jack for use with portable devices
- master volume control
- built-in effects: reverb, delay, chorus
- outputs: 1/4", 3.5 mm (headphone)
- control system remotely from smartphone via JBL's Compact Connect app
- ducking feature lowers music automatically when speech is detected
- max SPL output: 112 dB
- frequency response: 45-18,000 Hz (-3 dB)
- coverage: 100° (horizontal), 60° (vertical)
- battery life: 12 hours (recharges in 2-1/2 hours)
- dimensions: 15-3/4"H x 10"W x 11-1/2"D
- weight: 17.6 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # EON ONE COMPACT
What's in the box:
- Portable PA
- Removable Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (installed in PA)
- 77" Power Cable (IEC 3-Pin)
- Quickstart guide
- Safety instructions
JBL EON ONE Compact reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL EON ONE Compact
Features & specs
|Mic inputs||(2) XLR/1/4" combo|
|Line inputs||(2) XLR/1/4", (1) 1/4"|
|Number of speakers||1|
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|System Frequency response||37.5-20k|
Overview: The JBL Eon One Compact is a portable, 4 channel PA system designed for singer-songwriters, fitness instructors, coaches, educators and presenters. It features a built-in powered mixer along with an 8" woofer and 1" tweeter, all housed in a durable polypropylene enclosure that's lightweight and portable. The Eon One Compact can be powered with the included AC power cord or from the internal, rechargeable Lithium Ion batteries which offer up to 12 hours of use on a full charge.
Amplifier&Drivers: The JBL Eon One Compact features an 8" woofer, capable of deep low-frequency performance down to 37.5Hz, and a 1" tweeter, for high-frequencies up to 20kHz. The speaker system is powered by a 150W (peak power) Class-D amplifier that's capable of up to 112dB of sound output, with 100˚ of horizontal and 60˚ of vertical coverage area. The speakers and amplifier are housed in a polypropylene enclosure that's both durable and lightweight.
Inputs&Outputs: The Eon One Compact includes 4 input channels with the following jacks:
- Channels 1&2: These 2 inputs feature XLR/1/4" combo jacks, accepting either Mic- or Line-level signals via a Mic/Line switch. Phantom power can only be applied to Channel 1 input, so if connecting a condenser type microphone, it will need to be connected there.
- Channel 3: This 1/4" HI-Z input can accept instrument-level signals such as an electric or bass guitar.
- Channel 4: A 3.5mm (1/8") jack is provided for audio playback
from a portable player, smartphone, or tablet.
- Bluetooth: Channel 4 is also used as the Bluetooth audio input source when streaming audio from a connected Bluetooth device. After downloading the JBL Compact Connect app, available at the Apple app or Google Play stores, you can use your device to control and broadcast audio to up to 4 Eon One Compact speakers, with up to 30' of range.
- Pass-Thru: A 1/4" TS jack is provided for passing the main output signal to additional PA speakers (sold separately).
- Headphone: A 3.5mm (1/8") jack is provided for connecting a set of headphones. When connected, no signal will be output from the main speakers, making it ideal for private monitoring or practicing.
- USB: Two USB ports (3.0) are provided for charging devices. One
can provide 5V/1A and the other 5V/2A.
- Note: The USB ports are for charging only and do not support audio playback.
- Power: Activates the PA. A front-panel LED lights when powered on.
- Master Volume: Adjusts the overall output level.
- CH Select: Selects an Input for Gain and tone adjustments. A corresponding LED indicator for each Input lights when selected.
- CH Mode/Mix Mode Controls: Four rotary controls serve double functions. When an Input Channel is selected (CH Mode), the 4 controls can be used to adjust the Gain, Treble, Bass, and Reverb levels. When in Mix Mode, the 4 knobs work as individual level controls for each of the Input Channels, letting you quickly find the optimal mix.
- Mic/Line: Lets you select the type of input signal for Channels 1 and 2.
- Phantom: Applies +48V of phantom power to Input Channel 1, for use with condenser microphones.
- Ducking: When activated, signals on Channels 1 or 2 will attenuate or "duck" any signals on Input Channel 4 (audio playback).
- Bluetooth: Pressing this lets you pair a Bluetooth enabled device as well as activate the Bluetooth function for a paired device. Bluetooth audio is fed into Channel 4.
- Battery Level: A multi-segment indicator displays the battery charge level.
- App Control: Additional functions are available from a Bluetooth connected smartphone or tablet running the JBL Compact Connect app. You can select the input signal type (Mic/Line) and adjust the Levels of all 4 Channels, turn Ducking on/off, as well as change settings for any additional Eon One Compact PAs in use. The app also gives you access to the built-in Lexicon effects, letting you add and adjust Chorus, Reverb, EQ, and Delay settings for each Channel, as well as optimize the mixed signal with an 8-band EQ on the output. The PA's top panel features an indentation for holding a tablet or smartphone upright for easy viewing and control during a performance.
Rechargeable Battery: In addition to being powered by the included AC power cord, the Eon One Compact can also be powered from its removable Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery, with up to 12 hours of use from a single charge. Typical charge time is approximately 2.5 hours, when the PA is not in use, and approximately 6 hours when in use. A rear-panel battery compartment lets you easily access and remove
Mounting&Portability: The JBL Eon One Compact can be used sitting on a flat surface either upright or can be laid on its side at an angle in stage monitor fashion. The front-panel JBL logo can be rotated to match the speaker's orientation. The bottom panel includes a 35mm opening for pole-mounting the PA, and the top panel features an integrated carry-handle for portability. At 17.63 lbs., the Eon One Compact can easily be transported to and from performances.
- PA Type: Self-amplified
- Input Channels: 4
- Drivers: One 8" woofer, one 1" tweeter
- Power Rating: 150W Peak
- Sensitivity: 112dB
- Frequency Response: 37.5Hz-20kHz
- Coverage Pattern: 100˚(H)/ 60˚(V)
- (2) XLR/1/4" TRS Combo jacks
- (1) 1/4" Hi-Z Instrument input
- (1) 3.5mm (1/8") Auxiliary audio input
- (1) 3.5mm Headphone jack
- (1) 1/4" Pass-thru
- Effects: Reverb, Delay, Chorus, EQ
- USB Ports (Charging Only): 1@ 5V/2A, 1@ 5V/1A
- Rechargeable Battery Life: Up to 12 hrs.
- Battery Charge Time: 2.5 hrs. with no signal, 6 hrs. while in use
- Dimensions: W = 10.0", H = 15.50", D = 11.50"
- Weight: 17.63 lbs.