About the JBL EON615
A new EON
A new EON
JBL completely redesigned the latest member of their popular and successful EON Series, as is immediately apparent from its departure from the original EON's rounded shape. The EON615 powered speaker combines "trickle-down" technology from JBL's more expensive speakers with new design concepts to give the EON615 exceptional sound quality and versatility.
Catch a waveguide
Computer-designed waveguides disperse the sound from the speakers.
The EON615 speaker uses a built-in Class D power amplifier to send 500 watts each to its 15" woofer and high-frequency compression driver, for a maximum SPL of 127 dB. Both drivers utilize custom-designed waveguides which control dispersal of the high and low frequencies, resulting in consistent response throughout the speaker's 90° x 50° coverage pattern. And this powerful, all-in-one package only weighs 39 pounds.
The waveguides aren't the only thing new about the EON615. JBL shaped the plastic injection-molded enclosure to increase the cabinet's internal volume for improved performance. The enclosure also features four handles for easy transport, integrated hardware mounts for hanging the speaker, and specially designed "indexed feet" to allow stacking and help with transport and storage.
Call for control
The control panel features two channels with XLR and 1/4" combination inputs, each with individual gain controls and signal indicators. An XLR loop-through output routes the signal to additional EON615 speakers. A master volume knob controls overall system volume with the aid of a limiter LED indicator. The controls also feature four EQ presets for using the EON as a main speaker, a monitor speaker, a satellite speaker with a subwoofer, and a "speech" setting for simple PA/announcement use.
Unique Bluetooth® functionality
Even cooler, the EON615 offers Bluetooth® control functionality. Download an free app, and you can use your compatible Android or iOS device to control the volume level, adjust the onboard 3-way parametric EQ and high and low shelving, apply the factory EQ presets, and save user presets. This unique feature allows you to control the speakers from offstage, particularly handy for making sweeping sound adjustments from out in the room. (This speaker does not support music streaming.)
The EON615 offers advanced features, serious power, and light weight that make it a standout candidate in the crowded field of powered portable loudspeakers.
- 2-way self-powered speaker
- 15" woofer and high-frequency compression driver
- advanced computer-designed waveguides for both drivers
- Bluetooth control of volume and parametric EQ
- indexed feet allow stacking
- 4 EQ presets for main speaker, monitor speaker, satellite speaker with sub, and "speech" setting
- built-in limiter with indicator light
- coverage pattern: 90° x 50°
- Class D power amplifier
- 1000 watts (500 watts per channel)
- frequency range: 46.8-20,000 Hz
- max SPL output: 127 dB
- iOS and Android supported Bluetooth v4.0 compliant interface
- XLR and 1/4" combination inputs with individual gain controls and signal-present indicators
- dimensions: 27-7/8"H x 16-7/8"W x 14.5"D
- weight: 39 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years (speakers), 3 years (amplifier), 2 years (enclosure)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # EON615
What's in the box:
- Active PA speaker
- 10' AC power cord
- Quick Start Guide
JBL EON615 reviews
I am really impressed with the sound of my new EON 615's. The cabinet has a solid response from the 15 inch speak and a bright clean response from the horn. There is plenty of power and projection with the JBL sound. It is not a heavy sound colorization but more like a full speaker sound that projects with authority. It is hard to describe but you know the sound of a good speaker combination. The new EQ system built into and operated by the app works easily with my UI-16 digital console. I can mix these speakers with my board from anywhere we are playing in real time and anywhere out front." You gotta love it "
Pros: Rich Bass and solid deep response from speaker. Crisp Horn and adjustable highs to complete the sound. Easy to transport Solid Full sound Easy to Equalize and match with a Sub, this system really makes the music happen. Dependable, this pair is replacing a pair of EON 615 G2's that I bought in 2005 and hauled all over creation for the bands I play with, not to mention hundreds of rehearsals.
Cons: Plastic Resonance instead of wood
0 of 0 found this helpful
Outstanding product. It will do anything you need it to with variable EQ settings and wireless control!
Pros: Wireless control via Bluetooth for up to 4 speakers at a time. Really cool!
Cons: No Bluetooth audio input, but going to have a wired input for most gigs anyway...
1 of 1 found this helpful
Awesome. Great product to have
Pros: Nice effects.
1 of 1 found this helpful
This is an awesome speaker with some serious bass. The sound quality and clarity is excellent! I used it as a DJ as a single speaker for an outdoor pool party and the sound was perfect; didn't even need a second speaker or a sub. The weight is very manageable and easy for one person to carry. I highly recommend this speaker! The 12" JBL EON612 may be plenty for you instead if you need it for a small to medium size space.
4 of 4 found this helpful
More details on the JBL EON615
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||15|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|System Frequency response||39-20000|
|RMS Power rating||500|
|Program Power rating||---|
|Peak Power rating||1000|
|Mic Inputs||2 XLR/TRS combo|
|Line Inputs||XLR, TRS|
Powered PA Speaker: The EON615 is a two-way, powered, portable speaker. The EON615 is comprised of a 15" woofer and a 1" high-frequency compression driver coupled to a 90° (h) by 60° (v) waveguide. Both speaker components are driven by the discrete channels of a 500 watt Class-D integrated power amplifier (350W for woofer + 150W for tweeter). This combination of drivers and amplification delivers exceptional headroom with power to spare.
Rugged Bass-Reflex Enclosure w/ Carry Handles: The JBL EON615 features a highly designed composite enclosure for durability, lightweight, and acoustic performance. A bass reflex port provides greater efficiency and bigger bass output. A full screen-backed steel grille offers additional protection for both the woofer and compression driver components. Built-in ergonomic handles provide the carrying flexibility required of a highly portable speaker system, whether sliding it onto the back seat of a car or lifting it up to place on a stand.
Inputs/Outputs: The JBL EON615 is fitted with two combo-jack inputs that accept XLR and TRS plugs. The speaker also features an XLR output to daisy-chain other powered speakers.
- Two Combo Inputs: The rear panel provides combination inputs (XLR or 1/4") for each of the speaker's two channels (1-2). The combo inputs accept a standard XLR 3-pin and TRS 1/4" plug. The sensitivity of this input can be switched to Mic or Line. A broad range of signals (-44dBu to +20dBu nominal) from microphones, audio mixing consoles, and electronic music instrument may be connected.
- XLR Output: A balanced XLR loop through output connector enables the simple "daisy-chaining" of additional EON powered speaker if more coverage and level is required.
Bluetooth Control App: JBL engineers developed an Apple iOS and Android supported Bluetooth v4.0 compliant app (coming soon) for controlling the EON615 speaker's master volume, adjusting user definable parametric EQ, plus saving and recalling user presets. This Bluetooth app for your Apple iOS and Android device is for control only and does not support wireless music streaming.
EQ Settings: Pre-engineered selectable system EQ presets are provided to assist in optimizing the system to your application and acoustic environment. 4 EQ presets are provided.
- Main: This is the default setting for the EON615 loudspeakers. Use this setting when your EON615 loudspeaker is being used either on a tripod or pole and facing towards your audience.
- Monitor: Use this setting when your EON615 loudspeaker is being used as a stage monitor facing towards you.
- Sub: Use this setting when your EON615 loudspeaker is being used in conjunction with a separate subwoofer. This preset enables a High Pass Filter (HPF) set at 100Hz.
- Speech: Use this setting when your EON615 loudspeaker is being used for Speech only or Spoken Word only applications and is facing towards the audience.
LED Indicators: The EON615 features three LEDs to indicate the speaker's status.
- Signal: The two Signal LEDs (Green) illuminate to indicate a usable audio signal is present at the speaker's connected input (1-2).
- Limit: The Limit LED (Red) illuminates to indicate that the system is approaching clipping. The threshold for this is actually about 2dB below clipping. An occasional flickering of this on the loudest peaks is acceptable. If this LED is on for more that the duration of brief dynamic peaks, the speaker is being over-driven.
Applications: The JBL EON615 PA speaker is great for live sound reinforcement, speech and vocals, music playback in entertainment, A/V, and institutional venues; especially when ease of use and portability are important factors. Plus the EON615 can be used for amplification, mixing, and monitoring of musical instruments.
Mounting Options: The universal mounting capabilities make the EON615 perfect for live performers, fixed installations, or commercial A/V rental companies. Whether you use the speaker on a tripod stand (36mm socket), mounted on a subwoofer with a pole, in the floor monitor position, or in a fixed position suspended by the M10 points, you can count on superior and reliable performance. The EON600 series speakers are also stackable.
Placement Recommendations: The following guidelines will help you achieve optimum sound wherever you use your EON loudspeakers.
- Raise Speakers: For best results try to get the high frequency horn at least 2-4' above the heads of the audience. If the speakers are too low, the people in the back of the audience will not receive the best quality sound.
- Place Speakers Between the Mics & Audience: Feedback
occurs when the microphones pick up sound from the speakers and "feed" the
sound back through
the sound system. If space is limited, point the speakers away from the microphones to reduce feedback.
- Locate Speakers Away From Turntables: Low-frequency
feedback occurs when the output of the speaker is picked up by the tone arm
of the turntable
and is re-amplified. A heavy, solid turntable base and shock mounting can also reduce this type of feedback in DJ applications.
- Use More Speakers in Large or Highly Reverberant Spaces: Spreading speakers throughout these spaces will produce much better sound than trying to compensate with loudness level or equalization. For very long distances, the use of another set of speakers with time delay is recommended.
- Stand Speakers Upright for PA/Tilt the Speakers Stage Monitoring: Upright stance provides even coverage over a wide area. EON speakers are also designed with two slanted positions for stage monitoring applications.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked