About the JBL EON712
Loud and clear all over
Loud and clear all over
The JBL Pro EON712 powered loudspeaker puts out up to 1,300 watts of clear, loud sound with wide and even coverage, making it a perfect PA speaker choice for a small nightclub, church, or part of a larger system. JBL's high-tech drivers and custom-designed audio waveguides optimize and control the dispersion of the high and low frequencies to provide consistent response throughout the speaker's coverage area, so that everyone in the room will hear the entire program clearly.
Digital signal processing
You control the sound for your EON712 with its onboard dbx DriveRack Inside processing, which includes automatic feedback suppression, 8-band parametric output equalizers, high- and low-pass crossover filters, delay, signal mixing and ducking, and custom presets. Those presets include options for using your EON712 as a stand-alone PA speaker, a floor monitor, or with a subwoofer. A backlit color LCD screen shows you the speaker's setup status and gives you access to all the controls.
You can also use the JBL Pro Connect app on your Bluetooth enabled smartphone to wirelessly control the sound settings for this speaker, and for multiple EON700 Series speakers and subs in a large PA system. High-bandwidth Bluetooth 5.0 audio streaming lets you play your music with the highest quality possible.
A built-in dynamic limiter ensures that any unexpected overloads won't damage the speakers. A 3-channel mixer lets you hook your EON712 up to a variety of sources for different situations — like using a single microphone to address a conference, or for playing the stereo signal and mic from a DJ. The tough plastic injection-molded enclosure features a built-in handle for easy transport and integrated hardware mounts for hanging the speaker. And this powerful, all-in-one PA package weighs only 32 pounds, which makes carrying one around a bit easier than most powered PA speakers.
- 2-way powered PA speaker
- 712G 12" woofer
- 2414H 1" high-frequency compression driver
- power rating: 1,300 watts peak, 650 watts RMS
- maximum output level: 127 dB SPL
- frequency range: 60-20,000 Hz
- dispersion: 100° horizontal, 60° vertical
- dbx DriveRack Inside technology digital signal processing
- automatic feedback suppression, parametric EQs, crossovers, delay, mixing, ducking, preset control
- wireless control via JBL Pro Connect Bluetooth app
- 3-channel mixer
- 2 combo XLR/TRS balanced inputs
- Bluetooth 5.0 streaming input and app control
- XLR output (channel 1, 2, or mix)
- talc-reinforced polypropylene cabinet
- perforated steel grille with acoustically transparent black cloth backing
- 35mm pole-mounting socket and M10 rigging points for flying
- dimensions: 15.13"W x 26.4"H x 14.53"D
- weight: 32 lb
- warranty: 7 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JBL-EON712-NA
What's in the box:
- Active PA speaker
- 117" AC power cord (IEC 3-pin)
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL EON712
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|System Frequency response||60Hz-20k|
|RMS Power rating||650|
|Program Power rating||---|
|Peak Power rating||1300|
|Line Inputs||(2) XLR/1/4" combo|
|Tone Controls||7 EQ presets + Custom|
Powered PA Speaker: The EON712 is a two-way, powered portable speaker. It's comprised of a 12" woofer and a 1" 2414H high-frequency compression driver providing a wide 100˚(v) x 60˚(h) coverage area. Both speaker components are driven by a 650 watt RMS (1300W peak) Class-D integrated power amplifier. This combination of drivers and amplification delivers exceptional headroom with power to spare.
Rugged Enclosure w/ Carry Handles: The JBL EON712 features a durable talc-reinforced polypropylene enclosure that's lightweight and portable, providing greater efficiency and bigger bass output. A full screen-backed steel grille offers additional protection for both the woofer and compression driver components. A built-in carry-handle and a weight of only 32.0 lbs. make the EON712 a highly portable speaker system, whether sliding it onto the back seat of a car or lifting it up to place on a stand.
Inputs/Outputs: The JBL EON712 is fitted with two combo-jack inputs that accept XLR and 1/4" TRS plugs. The speaker also features an XLR output to daisy-chain other powered speakers.
- Two Combo Inputs: The rear panel provides XLR/1/4" combination inputs for each of the speaker's two input channels (CH1 & CH2). The combo inputs accept a standard 3-pin XLR or a 1/4" TRS plug, both balanced or unbalanced. Each input features a rotary Gain dial to increase or decrease the incoming signal, with a range of -100dB to 0dB of attenuation. For low-level microphone signals, CH1 and CH2 include an additional Gain control in the Settings Menu, providing 0dB to +36dB of gain. This lets you run a broad range of signals from microphones, audio mixing consoles, and electronic music instruments connected to the EON712.
- XLR Output: A balanced XLR pass-through output connector enables simple "daisy-chaining" of additional EON powered speakers if more coverage and level is required. The XLR pass-through features multiple parameters that can be activated and de-activated in the Settings Menu, including: Pass Thru On/Off, LPF (Low-Pass Filter, for use when connecting a subwoofer), and Time Delay settings.
Bluetooth Control App & Audio Streaming: The JBL Pro Control App (Bluetooth 5.0), available for iOS and Android, lets you remotely control the EON712 speaker's master volume, save and recall EQ presets, adjust the user definable parametric EQ, as well as activate the built-in AFS (Automatic Feedback Suppression) and Bass Boost functions. The JBL Pro Control app also lets you stream audio from your Bluetooth-enabled playback device. Audio can be streamed to the EON712 as a third input channel, letting you play and sing along with the music.
EQ Presets: Pre-engineered selectable system EQ presets are provided to assist in optimizing the system to your application and acoustic environment. 7 EQ presets - Flat, Speech, DJ, Cafe, KTV, Monitor, and On Wall are provided along with a Custom preset that allows you to save any adjustments to the 7 EQ presets. An 8-band Parametric EQ is available via the JBL Pro Control app for fine-tuning your sound with the following settings:
- Frequency: Lets you select a frequency for each of the eight bands; range from 20Hz to 20kHz.
- Gain: Lets you adjust the level of the selected Frequency; range -9dB to +9dB.
- Width (Q): Determines how many frequencies around the
selected one will also be boosted or attenuated; range 0.01 (narrowest) to
Note: The 8-band parametric EQ is not available in the EON712 Settings Menu and can only be adjusted using the JBL Pro Control app through a Bluetooth-connected smartphone or tablet.
Additional Settings: Additional settings for controlling your sound are available in the Settings Menu.
- Ducking by Soundcraft®: A built-in side-chain compressor can automatically lower the level of the music while someone is speaking into a microphone. Each input channel can be independently selected to activate the Ducking feature, and can have independent settings for Ducking. These include: Channel Sensitivity, Threshold, Range, and Release Time.
- dbx DriveRack Output (AFS): The EON712 features dbx's DriveRack AFS (Automatic Feedback Suppression) system. This uses auto-sensing and very tight-width EQs before the output stage, allowing up to 3dB of additional gain to the output signal before getting audio feedback.
- Bass Boost (On/Off): This adds +2dB of bass to the overall sound output.
- Time Align: This setting is used when connecting an additional speaker to the Pass Thru output. Delay time (ms) can be set for either the EON712 or the connected speaker, depending on which one is farthest away from the audience.
- Pass Thru XLR: Lets you optimize the sound from the
EON712 along with an additional speaker or subwoofer connected to the Pass
Thru output. Options include:
- Pass Thru On/Off: Enables/disables the Pass Thru XLR output.
- Presets: Lets you select between three types of
speaker combination presets:
- Full Range: Outputs a full-range signal from the Pass Thru as well as the EON712.
- Sub: Automatically configures an 80Hz high-pass filter for the EON712 and an 80Hz low-pass filters for a connected subwoofer.
- Custom: Lets you manually set the HPF and LPF settings.
- HPF On This Speaker: Lets you manually set the HPF cutoff point for filtering frequencies below that.
- LPF On Pass Thru Out: Lets you manually set the LPF cutoff point for the Pass Thru output.
LED Indicators: The EON712 features four LEDs to indicate the speaker's status.
- Power: Illuminates Green to indicate the EON712 is powered on.
- Signal/Clip: Two Signal LEDs, one for each input channel, will illuminate Green to indicate a usable audio signal is present and will illuminate Red if the signal clips.
- Limit: The Limit LED (Red) illuminates to indicate that the system is approaching clipping. The threshold for this is actually about 2dB below clipping. An occasional flickering of this on the loudest peaks is acceptable. If this LED is on for more that the duration of brief dynamic peaks, the speaker is being over-driven.
Applications: The JBL EON712 PA speaker is great for live sound reinforcement, speech and vocals, music playback in entertainment, A/V, and institutional venues; especially when ease of use and portability are important factors. Plus, the EON712 can be used for amplification, mixing, and monitoring of musical instruments.
Mounting Options: The universal mounting capabilities make the EON712 perfect for live performers, fixed installations, or commercial A/V rental companies. Whether you use the speaker on an optional tripod stand (36mm socket), in the floor monitor position, using the yoke bracket holes for wall-mounting, or in a fixed position suspended by the four M10 points, you can count on superior and reliable performance. The EON712 is also designed to be easily stackable.
Placement Recommendations: The following guidelines will help you achieve optimum sound wherever you use your EON loudspeakers.
- Raise Speakers: For best results try to get the high frequency horn at least 2-4' above the heads of the audience. If the speakers are too low, the people in the back of the audience will not receive the best quality sound.
- Place Speakers Between the Mics & Audience: Feedback
occurs when the microphones pick up sound from the speakers and "feed" the
sound back through
the sound system. If space is limited, point the speakers away from the microphones to reduce feedback.
- Locate Speakers Away From Turntables: Low-frequency
feedback occurs when the output of the speaker is picked up by the tone arm
of the turntable
and is re-amplified. A heavy, solid turntable base and shock mounting can also reduce this type of feedback in DJ applications.
- Use More Speakers in Large or Highly Reverberant Spaces: Spreading speakers throughout these spaces will produce much better sound than trying to compensate with loudness level or equalization. For very long distances, the use of another set of speakers with time delay is recommended.
- Stand Speakers Upright for PA/Tilt the Speakers for Stage Monitoring: Upright stance provides even coverage over a wide area. EON speakers are also designed with two slanted positions for stage monitoring applications.