About the JBL IRX108BT
Loud and light on both your back and wallet
Loud and light on both your back and wallet
JBL's economically priced IRX108BT powered PA speaker can blast out tremendous amounts of sound from a small, lightweight cabinet perfectly built for life on the road, and totally at home in an auditorium or fitness studio. JBL brought 70+ years of loudspeaker-building experience to designing their IRX Series of PA speakers with unprecedented amounts of output power and sound processing features.
Sound processing features
Four EQ presets optimize the sound for typical uses like speech or music, while a bass boost lets you emphasize the beat. Even cooler, you can apply automatic feedback suppression to fix those little squeals that pop up during a show. Engage the automatic ducking and the music will get turned down whenever someone makes an announcement through a microphone.
The IRX108BT features high-bandwidth Bluetooth 5.0 audio streaming, letting you play back your music with the highest quality possible. You can also wirelessly link two IRX Series speakers together and create a stereo PA system.
IRX108BT connection and control panel
- 2-way powered PA speaker
- 8" woofer, 1" tweeter
- amplifier: 1300 watts peak power
- max SPL: 124 dB
- frequency response: 54-20,000 Hz
- Bluetooth 5.0 audio streaming
- 4 EQ presets: music, vocal, speech. flat
- selectable bass boost
- selectable dbx automatic feedback suppression
- selectable ducking lowers music when voice detected
- input and output volume controls
- inputs: 2 combo XLR/TRS
- output: XLR line output
- polypropylene cabinet with honeycomb steel grille
- 35mm socket for pole mounting
- dimensions: 12-3/8"W x 10-3/16"D x 19-3/16"H
- weight: 17.4 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years (speakers), 3 years (amplifier), 2 years (enclosure)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # IRX108BT-NA
What's in the box:
- Active PA speaker
- 77" AC power cord (IEC 3-pin)
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL IRX108BT
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||1|
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||N/A|
|System Frequency response||54-20000|
|RMS Power rating||---|
|Program Power rating||---|
|Peak Power rating||1300|
|Line Inputs||(2) XLR/TRS|
Overview: The JBL IRX108 is a portable, Bluetooth enabled PA system designed for performers and musicians, fitness instructors, coaches, educators and presenters. It features a built-in powered mixer along with a 2-way driver system, all housed in a durable polypropylene enclosure that's lightweight and portable. The IRX108 also features 4 EQ Presets, Music Ducking, and Feedback Suppression.
Amplifier&Driver: The JBL IRX108 features an 8" woofer and a 1" high-frequency compression driver, capable of delivering high-quality sound with a wide frequency response from 54Hz up to 20kHz. The speaker system is powered by a 1300W (peak power) Class-D amplifier that's capable of up to 124dB of sound output, with 90˚ of horizontal and 60˚ of vertical coverage area. The speakers and amplifier are housed in a polypropylene enclosure that's both durable and lightweight.
Inputs&Outputs: The IRX108 includes the following connections:
- Channels 1&2: These 2 inputs feature XLR/1/4" combo jacks, accepting either Mic- or Line-level signals. A Gain control for each Input can attenuate signals, when turned counter-clockwise, and can add gain, when turned clockwise.
- Bluetooth 5.0: The IRX108 features Bluetooth 5.0 audio streaming for playing music or backing tracks from a Bluetooth enabled playback device. Two IRX108s can be linked together to create a true stereo image with Bluetooth signals.
- Pass-Thru: A male XLR jack is provided for passing the main output signal to additional PA speakers (sold separately).
- Power: Activates the PA. A rear-panel LED lights when powered on.
- Master Volume: Adjusts the overall output level. A corresponding Limit LED will light if the signal starts to clip and activates the built-in limiter.
- EQ Presets: Allows selection of one of 4 preset EQ
corresponding LED indicator for each Preset lights when selected.
- Music: This is the default setting for the IRX108 and is ideal when placed on a tripod or pole facing the audience.
- Vocal: This mode applies a 100Hz high-pass filter to the signal, designed to be used with an optional separate subwoofer.
- Speech: Provides extra clarity when used in spoken word applications and when facing the audience.
- Flat: Suitable for use as a stage monitor facing towards you.
- Bass Boost: Boosts the low-end of all input signals.
- Ducking: When activated, signals on Channels 1 or 2 will attenuate or "duck" Bluetooth signals.
- dbx AFS: Activates the built-in dbx Automatic Feedback Suppression that can automatically detect and stop feedback before it starts.
- Bluetooth: Pressing this lets you pair a Bluetooth enabled device as well as activate the Bluetooth function for a paired device.
Powering: The JBL IRX108 includes a 77" AC power cord for powering the PA system.
Mounting&Portability: The IRX108 can be used sitting on a flat surface either upright or can be laid on its side at an angle in stage monitor fashion. The bottom panel includes a 35mm opening for pole-mounting the PA, while the top side panels feature integrated carry-handles for portability. At 17.4 lbs., the IRX108 can easily be transported to and from performances.
- PA Type: Self-amplified
- Input Channels: 2
- Low Frequency: 8" Woofer
- High Frequency: 1" Compression driver
- Power Rating: 1300W Peak
- Sensitivity: 124dB
- Frequency Response: 54Hz-20kHz
- Coverage Pattern: 90˚(H) & 60˚(V)
- Inputs: (2) XLR/1/4" TRS Combo jacks
- Outputs: (1) Male XLR pass-thru
- EQ: 5 Presets - Music, Vocal, Speech, and Flat
- Dimensions: W = 12.250", H = 19.125", D = 10.125"/ 11.625" (including power cord)
- Weight: 17.4 lbs.
2 questions already asked