About the JBL 1 Series 104
Compact desktop monitors
Compact desktop monitors
This pair of compact JBL 104 monitors is perfect for a small studio or desktop recording setup. Each speaker features a 4-1/2" woofer with a coaxially mounted 3/4" soft dome tweeter, and a rear-firing contoured low-frequency port. A 120° x 120° dispersion pattern allows immersive near-field monitoring, and you can plug a set of headphones into the front-panel 3.5mm output jack.
Inputs and outputs
An unbalanced stereo RCA input on the back of the active speaker allows you to connect to a mixer or similar component, and you get a set of balanced 1/4" TRS inputs, too. The active speaker and passive speaker are connected by an included 6.5-foot speaker wire. On the front panel, next to the headphone jack, is a 3.5mm input so you can connect your mobile device.
- frequency response: 88-20,000 Hz (-3dB)
- built-in 60-watt Class D amplifier distributes 30 watts to each speaker
- compact design for easy placement on your desktop
- each speaker:
- 4-1/2" low-frequency driver
- 3/4" soft dome high frequency driver
- rear-firing contoured low-frequency port
- 120° x 120° coverage
- peak SPL: 102 dB
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- front panel of master speaker:
- 1/8" (3.5mm) aux input
- volume control
- headphone jack with speaker mute function
- rear panel of master speaker:
- unbalanced RCA stereo input (3.5mm to RCA cable included)
- stereo 1/4" TRS inputs
- spring clips for connecting active and passive speakers (6.5-foot speaker wire included)
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 6-1/16"W x 9-3/4"H x 4-15/16"D
- weight: 4.54 lbs. (active monitor) , 3.81 lbs. (passive monitor)
- warranty: 5 years parts and labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JBL104SET
What's in the box:
- 2 Monitor speakers
- 78.5" Power cord (C7 unpolarized)
- 59" 3.5mm stereo jack to dual RCA cable
- 79" Speaker wire (bare-ended / 14 AWG)
- Quick setup guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL 1 Series 104
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||4.5|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||0.75|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Full range Driver size||N/A|
|Built in amplifier||Y|
|RMS Power rating||---|
|Peak Power rating||30W x 2|
|Parts warranty||5 Years|
|Labor warranty||5 Years|
|Maximum Peak SPL||104|
Overview: The JBL 104 Reference Monitors are designed to deliver crisp highs and rich bass with vivid detail and no coloration. Powered with a built-in 60W amplifier (30W for each monitor), the 104s are optimized for desktop placement, offering a smooth off-axis response and a wide sweet spot.
Enclosure: The 104 Reference Monitors feature a coaxially mounted 4.5" woofer and a 3/4" soft-dome tweeter housed in ported, compact enclosure that can deliver accurate frequency response, exceptional detail, and impressive off-axis performance. The enclosure's low-frequency port, in conjunction with the woofer driver, can deliver tight, punchy bass at a wide range of listening levels, without the need for a subwoofer.
Amplifier: The JBL 104 monitor set features an integrated 60 watt Class-D amplifier, delivering 30 watts to each speaker. The amplifier is housed in one speaker (Master Monitor) and includes an Extension Output set of spring-clip terminals for connecting and powering the second speaker (Extension Monitor).
Inputs/Outputs: The Extension Monitor includes a single set of spring-clip terminals for attaching speaker wire from the Master Monitor. All signal connections to the speaker pair are made at the Master Monitor which includes the following:
- Front Panel:
- Aux-Input: An 1/8" stereo input is provided for connecting a smartphone or portable media player directly to the front panel.
- Headphone: An 1/8" stereo headphone output is included. When a jack is plugged in to the headphone output, sound from both speakers will be muted.
- Volume: A front-panel rotary control adjusts the volume level for both monitors.
- Rear Panel:
- RCA: A pair of unbalanced stereo RCAs is provided for pre-amp level audio signals.
- 1/4": Two balanced 1/4" input jacks can be used for running line-level signals into the monitors. Each jack is labeled either Master or Extension and is used to provide a signal to that corresponding monitor.
- Extension Output: A pair of spring-clip terminals provides the output signal to the Extension Monitor.
- AC Power socket
- Power button
- Power: 60 Watts (30W x 2), Class-D
- LF Driver: 4.5"
- HF Driver: 0.75" Soft dome
- Enclosure: Ported
- Frequency Response (-3dB): 88Hz - 20kHz
- Frequency Range (-10dB): 60Hz - 20kHz
- Maximum SPL: 104dB
- Sensitivity: 88dB SPL @1M with -10dBV Aux-in (volume at maximum)
- Crossover Frequency: 1725Hz, 1st order
- Audio Inputs: 1/8" Stereo aux, RCA, 1/4" TRS balanced
- Audio Outputs: 1/8" Stereo headphones
- Impedance: 8Ω
- Cabinet Tuning Frequency: 72Hz
- System Distortion: <10% THD at maximum output with full limiter/compressor engaged
- Electrical Distortion: <1% THD @ 1kHz, full rated output
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 75dBA (A-weighted), 70dBr (unweighted), relative to 2.83 VRMS output on HF
- Coverage Area: 120˚ x 120˚
- Enclosure Material: ABS, metal grille
- Enclosure Finish: Matte black acrylic paint
- AC Input Voltage: 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz
- Current Draw: 85W
- Dimensions: Width - 6.05", Height - 9.750", Depth = 5.41" (Master) / 5.0" (Extension)
- Weight: 4.54 lbs. (Master) / 3.81 lbs. (Extension)