About the JBL PRX812W
High power for some serious sound
High power for some serious sound
When you're looking for a powered loudspeaker, you're looking for power. A single JBL PRX812W PA speaker puts out up to 1,500 watts producing 137 dB of sound pressure — that's enough power to fill a small club or 300-seat auditorium with loud, wall-vibrating sound and music all by itself. You can also use this versatile speaker for speech or acoustic music in a venue twice that size. For DJs, church performers, and working bands, match up a pair of PRX812Ws with a couple of PRX815X or PRX818X powered subwoofers, and you'll have yourself a compact full-range PA system capable of handling medium-sized clubs and venues.
The PRX812W gives you complete wireless control over the sound via Wi-Fi. The free PRX Connect app allows you to adjust your speakers from anywhere in the venue with your iOS or Android device, including control over gain, an 8-band EQ, and speaker delay. The app also allows you to configure shows offline and save presets.
Speaker protection by dbx
A built-in dynamic limiter by dbx ensures that an unexpected overload won't damage the speakers. A 2-channel mixer lets you hook your PRX812W up to a variety of sources for different situations, from using a single microphone to address a conference, to playing the stereo signal from a DJ mixer.
The 12" low-frequency driver in the PRX812W is the same one that JBL uses in its top-of-the-line concert arrays. This Differential Drive® woofer puts out high-powered sound, having proven its toughness on the road by standing up to constant high-volume play. The high-frequency driver with its JBL-designed compression horn and waveguide covers a wide area with crystal-clear, accurate sound.
JBL used tongue-and-groove construction to build this poplar plywood enclosure, then coated it with their tough DuraFlex™ finish. You can be sure this speaker will survive the normal bumps and bangs of life on the road and play reliably on the job every night.
You can use the PRX812W speaker as a stage monitor or as a main PA speaker, and it mounts on a standard speaker stand or pole for better coverage. The enclosure even features a second, angled stand socket that allows you to aim the speaker downward when needed. When using this speaker as a stage monitor, you can switch the EQ to the monitor setting to kill the extra bass caused by its position on the floor.
2-way Powered PA Speaker
- JBL 272G Differential Drive® 12" woofer
- JBL 2408H-2 1.5" high-frequency compression driver
- 750 watts x 2 Class D amplifier
- remote Wi-Fi control of onboard DSP, including EQ, limiting, crossover setup
- poplar plywood bass-reflex enclosure with tongue-and-groove joints and DuraFlex™ finish
- maximum output level: 135 dB SPL
- maximum output power: 1,500 watts
- nominal coverage: 90° horizontal, 50° vertical
- frequency response: 58-20,000 Hz
- 2-channel mixer with individual level controls
- channel 1: XLR/1/4" TRS phone balanced input (with mic/line switch)
- channel 2: XLR/1/4" TRS phone balanced line-level input (with ground lift switch)
- two RCA unbalanced inputs (ch 1 and ch 2)
- XLR output for connecting another speaker system (ch 1, ch 2, or mix)
- speaker input selector (ch 1, ch 2, or mix)
- DSP includes input limiting, and component optimization
- advanced onboard EQ settings available via Wi-Fi using the PRX Connect app
- selectable EQ for main or monitor use
- crossover frequency: 2kHz
- dbx Type IVT dynamic limiter with indicator light
- steel speaker grille and injection-molded glass-filled nylon handle
- 1-7/16" (36 mm) socket with angle down tilt for optional speaker stand
- rigging points for hanging or mounting with optional mounting hardware
- can be set as a stage monitor angled upward
- weight: 42.5 lbs
- dimensions: 23-5/8"H x 15-1/8"W x 13-7/16"D
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PRX812W
What's in the box:
- Powered PA speaker
- AC power cord
More details on the JBL PRX812W
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1.5|
|System Frequency response||58-20000|
|RMS Power rating||750|
|Program Power rating||0|
|Peak Power rating||1500|
|Mic Inputs||2 XLR/TRS combo|
|Line Inputs||Stereo RCA|
Self-Powered Two-Way Speaker: The PRX812W is comprised of a 12" Differential Drive woofer and a 1.5" annular polymer diaphragm, neodymium compression driver mounted to a 90° by 50° horn - all driven by 1500 watt (Peak) Class-D digital power amplifier. Sophisticated DSP is at the core of a fully featured input section, providing user selectable system EQ, protection, input sensitivity selection, cross-over functionality, dynamic limiting and discrete component optimization.
Rugged Built Cabinet: The PRX812W's cabinet is built from a combination of 25mm (on the top and bottom for added rigidity) and 18mm, strong, light-weight poplar plywood made structurally sound with tongue and groove joints. The cabinet is protected by JBL's tour proven DuraFlex finish. Grilles are made from dent-resistant 16-gauge steel and handles are made from light-weight glass-filled nylon for added strength and durability. All M10 suspension points are constructed from 14 gauge steel and have been tested with a yield-strength of 1000 lbs. each.
XLR, 1/4", & RCA Connectivity: A combo-connector offers XLR and 1/4" TRS phone jack compatibility. Selectable input sensitivities allow a broad range of devices to be properly matched, from the output of a mixer to an MP3 player or a dynamic microphone. There is also a stereo line-level RCA input. A balanced XLR loop through output connector enables the simple "daisy-chaining" of additional PRX series powered speakers if more coverage and level is required
EQ Controls: The JBL PRX812W has been designed to deliver maximum performance as both a stage monitor and a front of house main PA. Two user selectable EQ settings are provided to optimize the system for either application.
PRX Connect App (for Apple iOS): The JBL PRX812W even offers remote Wi-Fi control of onboard DSP EQ parameters through its PRX Connect App for Apple iOS 7.0+ device. The PRX Connect App lets you walk around the venue with your Apple iOS device during sound check, so you can fine-tune your speakers to sound better as a system. Use the 8-band EQ, speaker delay, mute, gain and more to make sure your audience hears great sound from every corner of the room. You can even configure different settings for different venues and save them as presets.
Mounting Options: The universal mounting capabilities make the PRX812W perfect for live performers, fixed installations, or commercial A/V rental companies. Whether you use the speaker on a tripod stand (36mm socket), mounted on a subwoofer with a pole, in the floor monitor position, or in a fixed position suspended by the M10 points, you can count on superior and reliable performance.