About the JBL PSB-1
A sound bar for business use
A sound bar for business use
The JBL PSB-1 is an excellent sound reinforcement option for TVs in break rooms, conference rooms, hotels, or similar business environments. The bar has four 2" low frequency drivers and two 3/4" high frequency drivers that provide accurate full-range sound. It supports fixed or variable volume control, so you can assign volume function to the included sound bar remote, or sync it with your TV remote.
Brackets are provided for secure mounting on a tabletop or on-wall.
- 20 watts per channel of built-in amplification
- four 2" low-frequency drivers and two 3/4" high-frequency drivers
- frequency response: 56-20,000 Hz (±3 dB)
- can "learn" volume commands from a TV remote
- fixed/variable source volume modes accommodate a wide range of TVs and commercial displays
- adjustable volume limiting controls with tamper-resistant lockout plate
- brackets included for table and wall mounting
- remote included
- RCA stereo input
Dimensions & warranty:
- 35-7/16"W x 3-9/16"H x 2-9/16"D
- weight: 4 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PSB-1
What's in the box:
- Commercial soundbar
- 70" AC Power cable (C7 unpolorized)
- Wireless IR remote control
- CR2025L Battery
- 42" Stereo RCA cable
- 8" Stereo 3.5mm - dual female RCA cable
- 2 Mounting brackets
- Top security plate
- Rear security plate
- Three 1/4" security plate screws
- 2 Mounting screws
- Owner's manual
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL PSB-1
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||6|
|Woofer Size (inches)||2|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||0.75|
|System Frequency response||56-20k|
|Peak Power rating||40|
Overview: The JBL PSB-1 Pro SoundBar is a high-fidelity, commercial-grade powered soundbar designed specifically for use in hotel guestrooms and cruise ship staterooms. It can provide excellent full-range sound without the need for a separate subwoofer, while minimizing sound transfer into adjacent rooms. The PSB-1 reduces the cost and complexity found in most consumer-grade soundbars while still providing excellent sound quality, security, and reliability.
Drivers & Power: The PSB-1 is a stereo soundbar that includes 6 drivers. Each channel includes two 2" woofers and one 3/4" tweeter. An internal Class-D amplifier provides up to 20W for each channel.
TV Sound: The JBL Pro SoundBar features a stereo RCA input for connecting to a TV's analog audio output. A 42" RCA stereo patch cord is included with the soundbar, along with an 8" stereo 3.5mm-to-RCA adapter harness. The soundbar's flexible design allows the volume to be controlled with TV's remote control, keeping operation simple for users. A corresponding 2-way switch on the rear panel lets you select Variable Source or Fixed Source. Remote control signals are picked up by an IR sensor located in the center front panel behind the grille.
- Variable TV Volume: If connecting to a TV with a variable audio output, the TV's remote control can adjust the volume on the TV, varying the audio output to the soundbar. A third-party universal remote can also be used (sold separately).
- Fixed TV Volume: If the connected TV has fixed audio outputs, the PSB-1 can "learn" the IR commands from the TV's remote control or a universal remote (sold separately).
Volume LEDs: The front panel includes a row of 10 LEDs that will light, indicating the volume level when the soundbar is set to Fixed Source. When set to Variable Source, the LEDs will not illuminate.
Included IR Remote Control: The PSB-1 includes a wireless IR remote control, as well as top-panel buttons on the soundbar, that provide controls for Volume Up/Down and Mute.
Compressor/Limiter: The JBL soundbar features an internal compressor/limiter DSP algorithm that automatically optimizes fidelity as well as providing protection for the speaker drivers. The compressor/limiter cannot be adjusted or bypassed.
Volume Limiting: A 4-position switch on the rear panel lets you place an upper limit to the volume of the soundbar, helping reduce sound transfer to adjacent rooms. Options include:
|Switch Position||Maximum Volume Allowed|
Security Panels: Two security panels that can be installed over the soundbar's controls to avoid tampering. One is provided for the top-panel Volume and Mute buttons, the other for the rear-panel Volume and Source Volume switches.
Mounting: Two mounting brackets and hardware are included with the PSB-1, allowing it to be mounted to a table top or to a wall.
Warranty: JBL Includes a 3-part warranty for the PSB-1 soundbar:
- Drivers: 5 Years
- Amplifier: 3 Years
- Enclosure: 2 Years