About the JBL SRX818SP
Powerful bass provider
Powerful bass provider
SRX818SP with grille removed
We all love it when the bass kicks in, and JBL's SRX818SP powered PA subwoofer will help keep that love strong, playing loudly and clearly in any kind of venue — nightclub, church, or auditorium. This sub's built to last, featuring tough plywood covered with JBL's patented DuraFlex coating that'll resist those inevitable bumps and drops encountered on the road.
The onboard Crown amplifier delivers up to 750 watts continuous so the subwoofer can hit levels up to 135 dB, making sure everyone hears and feels the bass. A 2-channel mixer lets you connect to different sources and control the signal levels going into and out of the sub. Direct outputs allow you to integrate your SRX818SP into larger systems with no need for extra Y-cords or a mixer.
Digital signal processing
You control your SRX818SP via JBL's Sharc DSP processor, which includes equalizers, delay, signal generators, and 50 user presets. You can even find settings that help integrate your SRX818SP into some of JBL's large array speaker systems. You control everything using the LCD screen, and you can gain even more control by network connection to your Mac or PC or by devices running JBL's stand-alone apps for iOS and Android.
- JBL 2279F Differential Drive® 18" woofer
- crossover frequency: 80 Hz
- Crown DriveCore amplification: 750 watts continuous (1000 peak)
- maximum output level: 135 dB SPL
- frequency range: 35-120 Hz
- 2-channel mixer with master and individual channel level controls
- XLR/1/4" TRS combo balanced inputs
- XLR outputs for connecting other devices (channel 1 and 2)
- digital signal processing (JBL Sharc DSP) with LCD screen
- 20 parametric equalizers (PEQ)
- up to 2 seconds of delay
- 50 user presets
- signal generator: pink noise, white noise, and sine waves
- LevelMax™ limiting
- HiQnet Network control via Ethernet connection and iOS and Android apps
- 18 mm poplar plywood construction with DuraFlex coating
- 14-gauge steel grille
- M20 threaded pole mount for mounting a speaker
- requires wiring kit (sold separately)
- dimensions: 20-5/8"H x 27-1/4"W x 28-1/2"D
- weight: 87 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SRX818SP
What's in the box:
- Powered subwoofer
- IEC power cable
- Quick Start Guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL SRX818SP
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||1|
|Woofer Size (inches)||18|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||N/A|
|System Frequency response||35-120|
|RMS Power rating||750|
|Program Power rating||---|
|Peak Power rating||1000|
|Mic Inputs||XLR, 1/4 TRS|
|Line Inputs||XLR, 1/4 TRS|
Powered Subwoofer System: The SRX818SP is a powered portable subwoofer in the SRX800 series from JBL Professional. It has been designed to deliver class leading performance in a variety of applications including small and medium sized installations and tours.
18" Woofer: For incredible extended low frequency response, the SRX818SP uses an 18" woofer with JBL's patented Differential Drive Technology for reduced weight while maximizing power amp efficiency. 3" voice coils and dual ferrite drivers deliver exceptionally low distortion and extended low frequency response.
1000W Class D Amplifier: The SRX818SP is powered by Crown proprietary front-end DriveCore technology featuring a massive 1000W (Peak) Power Rating. With a remarkable 103dB signal-to-noise ratio, the SRX800 series powered sub is capable of massive sound pressure levels with exceptional headroom, very low distortion and absolute clarity throughout its frequency range.
Rugged Cabinetry: The JBL SRX818SP features a lightweight poplar plywood cabinet made structurally sound with tongue and groove joints and protected by JBL's tour proven DuraFlex finish. The rugged cabinet also features a powder coated, 14AWG perforated steel grille with acoustically transparent black cloth backing.
Premium DSP Technology: The SRX818SP features a full suite of onboard user configurable DSP including 20 PEQ's, 2 seconds of delay, signal generators, input mixing, amplifier monitoring, and 50 slots for recallable presets, including several JBL-engineered application presets. In addition, the system is compatible with V5 JBL Tunings, and features 96kHz FIR Filters, and LevelMaxT Limiting providing compatibility with our flagship Vertec and VTX touring systems
Inputs & Outputs: The JBL SRX818SP is fitted with two XLR-1/4" combination inputs (CH 1/CH 2) and two XLR outputs (CH 1/CH 2).
- CH 1/Ch 2 Inputs: These balanced input accepts a standard XLR (female) connector and also a 1/4" TRS phone plug. A broad range of signals from microphones, audio mixing consoles and electronic musical instruments may be connected here.
- CH1/Ch 2 Outputs: These outputs accept a balanced XLR connector and pass signals directly from the input to the output, bypassing DSP for zero latency. This connector provides a full-range signal which can be daisy chained to another speaker.
Network Connectivity: With full HiQnet Network Integration, configuring an SRX800 series system is dramatically simplified, saving time while fully automating the control interface configuration. Simple wired control is provided via Ethercon connector and third party wireless router capability is included. Control options include Audio Architect, HiQnet Motion Control iOS app, and standalone applications for iOS and Android.
Controllers: The JBL SRX818SP can be setup and controlled through the SRX Connect App for Apple iOS and Android devices, as well as the Audio Architect software program for Windows and Mac.
- SRX Connect App: Basic setup and control over the system is provided through the SRX Control App, available for Apple iOS (7.0+) devices and android smartphones/tablets (coming soon).
- Audio Architect: For more advanced configurations, users can setup and control the system using Audio Architect for Windows PC (Vista/7/8.1). Audio Architect provides incredible flexibility with the same components scaling from an 80,000 seat stadium down to a small performing arts center. Here it seamlessly continues to act as the vehicle for artistic expression by delivering the highest quality sound reproduction and enabling the artists to convey a dazzling performance.
LCD Screen: The powered sub's rear-panel LCD gives you access to presets and basic controls for the system without a network connection. The LCD screen is controlled from the rotary encoder and back button.
LED Indicators: The JBL SRX818SP features 3 LEDs to indicate operation status.
- Power LED: This LED (Green) lights to indicate that the speaker is plugged in and switched On.
- Link LED: This LED lights to indicate that the speaker is connected to a network.
- Data LED: This LED blinks to indicate that data is being sent and receive by the system.
Mounting Options: With M10 suspension points and indexed feet, the SRX818SP can be configured for a variety of applications, including being stacked in a cardioid configuration for large shows on stage. The powered sub also includes a top-panel M20 threaded pole mount for mounting a front-stage speaker.
Carry Handles: Ergonomically designed handles support an easy, non-fatiguing grip for streamlined handling.
Applications: The JBL SRX818SP is great for live performances, mobile and fixed DJ systems, and permanent installations.