About the JBL SRX828SP
JBL's long history of groundbreaking PA system design achieves a new blend of portability and functionality with the SRX800 Series, a high-performance powered loudspeaker system which includes three full range and two subwoofer models with the power to fill a big room. The SRX800 Series is suitable for tour applications and permanent installations that require solid sound with a wide range of configurability and JBL's renowned sound and performance.
Big tones from big cones
The SRX828SP features two JBL 2279F 18" subwoofers that pump out the kind of huge bass that makes your music memorable. JBL's patented Differential Drive® Technology subs boast 3" voice coils and lower-mass ferrite magnets to reduce weight and maximize amp efficiency. The subs' advanced design gives them increased power handling and improved heat dissipation to deliver extended low-frequency response and minimize distortion.
Streamlined circuit design
The enclosure is powered by a Crown amplifier that pumps out a staggering 1500 watts of continuous power (2000 watts peak), the highest power rating in this class of loudspeakers. Crown's proprietary Front-End DriveCore technology streamlines the amp's design for greater reliability and higher sound quality.
Dial in your sound
The SRX828SP's DSP options include 20 parametric EQs, digital delay up to 2 seconds, input mixing, amplifier monitoring, and 50 user presets. A signal generator gives you a choice of white noise, pink noise, or sine wave signal to help tune your system. You'll also get 96kHZ FIR filters, LevelMax™ Limiting, and compatibility with V5 JBL Tunings so you can connect to JBL's Vertec and VTX touring systems. The control panel features glow-in-the-dark labels and an LED screen to make it easier to adjust the settings in dark environments.
Remote control options
The SRX828SP offers remote control modes via four connectivity options:
- wired control via Ethercon connector (includes third-party wireless router capability)
- wireless control via the SRX Connect App (iOS and Android devices)
- wireless control via the HiQnet Motion Control™ app (iOS only)
- wireless control using Audio Architect
Simple control is provided using an Ethernet connection and an Ethercon connector; third party wireless router capability is included. Basic control over the system is provided by JBL's SRX Connect App on iOS and Android devices. Typical setups are easily achieved and controlled via this app. Other control options include Audio Architect and the HiQnet Motion Control™ iOS app.
Audio Architect lets the user create more advanced configurations and allows you to control all of the DSP parameters of the SRX828SP. Some functions, such as building and saving DSP presets in the speakers themselves, are only available through Audio Architect. To download Audio Architect, visit JBL's website.
Thinking inside and outside the box
The SRX828SP's rugged enclosure is made of 18mm plywood with a black Duraflex™ finish. Eight aluminum handles simplify transport, and the black powder-coated grille with its acoustically transparent black cloth backing protects the speaker from damage during handling.
For truly massive bass, there's nothing like a pair of big woofers. JBL's SRX828SP supplies the speakers and the power to deliver the low end of your dreams.
- powered subwoofer enclosure with two 18" JBL 2279F subwoofers
- 18mm plywood enclosure with black Duraflex finish
- 14-gauge perforated steel grille
- black powder-coated finish
- acoustically transparent black cloth backing
- 8 aluminum carrying handles
- built-in 1500-watt Drivecore amplifier by Crown
- onboard DSP includes:
- 20 parametric EQs
- 2 seconds of delay
- signal generators
- input mixing and amplifier monitoring
- 50 user presets.
- inputs: 2 Neutrik 1/4" TRS/XLR
- outputs: 2 Neutrik XLR
- power rating: 1500W continuous (2000 watts peak)
- maximum SPL output: 141dB
- frequency response: 35-120Hz
- crossover frequency: 80Hz
- dimensions: 47.42W x 22.57"H x 26.79"D
- weight: 145 lb.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SRX828SP
What's in the box:
- Dual 18" powered subwoofer
- IEC power cable
- Quick Start Guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL SRX828SP
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||18|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||N/A|
|System Frequency response||35-120Hz|
|RMS Power rating||1500|
|Program Power rating||---|
|Peak Power rating||2000|
|Mic Inputs||(2) XLR/1/4" combo|
|Line Inputs||(2) XLR/1/4" combo|
Powered Subwoofer System: The SRX828SP is a powered portable subwoofer in the SRX800 series from JBL Professional. It has been designed to deliver class leading performance in a variety of applications including small and medium sized installations and tours.
Dual 18" Woofers: For incredible extended low frequency response, the SRX828SP uses two 18" woofers with JBL's patented Differential Drive Technology for reduced weight while maximizing power amp efficiency. 3" voice coils and dual ferrite drivers deliver exceptionally low distortion and extended low frequency response.
2000W Class D Amplifier: The SRX828SP is powered by Crown proprietary front-end DriveCore technology featuring a massive 2000W (Peak) Power Rating. The SRX800 series powered sub is capable of massive sound pressure levels with exceptional headroom, very low distortion and absolute clarity throughout its frequency range.
Rugged Cabinetry: The JBL SRX828SP features a lightweight poplar plywood cabinet made structurally sound with tongue and groove joints and protected by JBL's tour proven DuraFlex finish. The rugged cabinet also features a powder coated, 14AWG perforated steel grille with acoustically transparent black cloth backing.
Premium DSP Technology: The SRX828SP features a full suite of onboard user configurable DSP including 20 PEQ's, 2 seconds of delay, signal generators, input mixing, amplifier monitoring, and 50 slots for recallable presets, including several JBL-engineered application presets. In addition, the system is compatible with V5 JBL Tunings, and features 96kHz FIR Filters, and LevelMaxT Limiting providing compatibility with our flagship Vertec and VTX touring systems
Inputs & Outputs: The JBL SRX828SP is fitted with two XLR-1/4" combination inputs (CH 1/CH 2) and two XLR outputs (CH 1/CH 2).
- CH 1/Ch 2 Inputs: These balanced input accepts a standard XLR (female) connector and also a 1/4" TRS phone plug. A broad range of signals from microphones, audio mixing consoles and electronic musical instruments may be connected here.
- CH1/Ch 2 Outputs: These outputs accept a balanced XLR connector and pass signals directly from the input to the output, bypassing DSP for zero latency. This connector provides a full-range signal which can be daisy chained to another speaker.
Network Connectivity: With full HiQnet Network Integration, configuring an SRX800 series system is dramatically simplified, saving time while fully automating the control interface configuration. Simple wired control is provided via Ethercon connector and third party wireless router capability is included. Control options include Audio Architect, HiQnet Motion Control iOS app, and standalone applications for iOS and Android.
Controllers: The JBL SRX828SP can be setup and controlled through the SRX Connect App for Apple iOS and Android devices, as well as the Audio Architect software program for Windows and Mac.
- SRX Connect App: Basic setup and control over the system is provided through the SRX Control App, available for Apple iOS (7.0+) devices and android smartphones/tablets (coming soon).
- Audio Architect: For more advanced configurations, users can setup and control the system using Audio Architect for Windows PC (Vista/7/8.1/10). Audio Architect provides incredible flexibility with the same components scaling from an 80,000 seat stadium down to a small performing arts center. Here it seamlessly continues to act as the vehicle for artistic expression by delivering the highest quality sound reproduction and enabling the artists to convey a dazzling performance.
LCD Screen: The powered sub's rear-panel LCD gives you access to presets and basic controls for the system without a network connection. The LCD screen is controlled from the rotary encoder and back button.
LED Indicators: The JBL SRX828SP features 3 LEDs to indicate operation status.
- Power LED: This LED (Green) lights to indicate that the speaker is plugged in and switched On.
- Link LED: This LED lights to indicate that the speaker is connected to a network.
- Data LED: This LED blinks to indicate that data is being sent and receive by the system.
Mounting Options: With M10 suspension points and indexed feet, the SRX828SP can be configured for a variety of applications, including being stacked in a cardioid configuration for large shows on stage. The powered sub also includes a top-panel M20 threaded pole mount for mounting a front-stage speaker.
Carry Handles: Ergonomically designed handles support an easy, non-fatiguing grip for streamlined handling.
Applications: The JBL SRX828SP is great for live performances, mobile and fixed DJ systems, and permanent installations.