About the JBL VMA 260
Get a free system design
A great mixer/amplifier for your business
The JBL VMA 260 lets you fill your place of business with music, then it smoothly lowers the background volume when you need to page a customer or make an announcement.
Eight input channels give you plenty of options for music sources, with two priority channels for microphone connections so paging and announcements can be heard loud and clear. It's even easy to operate when hidden away in a darkened cabinet, thanks to the illuminated rings around each output volume dial on the front panel.
The mixer/amplifier is also compatible with JBL CSR-V in-wall volume controls (not included) via twin RJ-45 ports on the back panel. With two output channels of 60-watts each, stable from 4 to 8 ohms, you'll have all the flexibility you need to build the right system for your place of business.
- amplified mixer for commercial audio distribution features 8 input channels and 2 output channels of 60 watts each
- supports 70-volt and 100-volt distributed audio systems
- stable from 4-8 ohms
- independent bass and treble controls for each output channel
- dip switches for input routing, phantom power, and 70/100V operation
- built-in Bluetooth® for pairing a compatible wireless audio source
- illuminated rings around output volume dials for easy operation in darkened environments
- rack mounting kit included
Inputs and Outputs:
- dual RJ-45 connector for use with JBL CSR-V in-wall volume controls (not included)
- dual 5-pin Euro-block Priority input connectors (channels 2 and 5) with vocal override for announcements
- dual 3-pin Euro-block connectors (channels 3 and 6) with line/mic input switch for balanced input sources
- 4 RCA input connectors sum unbalanced stereo inputs to mono
- front-panel USB port for MP3 playback
- unwired Euro-block connectors are included
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 17"W x 3-7/8"H x 18"D
- weight: 25.5 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # VMA260
What's in the box:
- 75" Power cord (IEC 3-pin)
- 2 Front angle brackets
- 2 Rear angle brackets
- 2 Rear flat brackets
- Two 5-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connectors
- Two 3-pin Euroblock connectors
- Four M6 x 14mm machine screws
- Twelve M3 x 8mm machine screws
- 4 Flat washers
- 4 Lock washers
- Owner's manual
JBL VMA 260 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL VMA 260
Overview: The JBL VMA260 is a cost-effective and flexible commercial mixer/amplifier designed for installed sound applications. Featuring 60 Watts of power per channel, it has 8 input channels and 2 output channels, which can drive either 4 or 8 Ohm speakers or 70V/100V speakers. It also includes VOX ducking during announcements, independent bass and treble controls for each output channel, remote capability with JBL's optional wired volume control, and MP3 file playback from the front panel USB input or a Bluetooth connection.
Inputs: The VMA260's 8 inputs are as follows:
- Inputs 1 and 4: These are both balanced 1/4" TRS jacks located on the front panel.
- Inputs 2 and 5: These inputs have both balanced 1/4" TRS jacks and balanced 5-pin Euroblock connectors. The Euroblock connectors include priority contacts that will duck other channels during an announcement when the contacts are closed, such as when using a push-to-talk microphone.
- Inputs 3 and 6: Both of these inputs include a 3-pin Euroblock connector and dual unbalanced RCA jacks. Stereo sources are summed into a mono signal.
- Music1 and Music2: These inputs are both dual unbalanced RCA jacks. Signals are summed into mono.
- USB: A front panel USB port is provided for MP3 file playback.
- Remote Inputs: The rear panel includes two RJ-45 style sockets to use with JBL's optional CSR-V remote volume control modules. One for each output channel is provided.
Outputs: The VMA260 utilizes two Barrier Strips for the output channels. Each strip has set-screw connections that include + and - terminals for a 4 or 8O connection as well as 70V, 100V, and COM terminals for high impedance speakers. These can accept speaker wire up to 14AWG.
Front Panel: The VMA260 controls include a main power switch, Bluetooth pairing button, 2 rotary Master output level controls (one per output channel), 8 rotary input level controls (one for each input), Bass and Treble controls for each output channel with +/- 14dB adjustment at 50Hz and 10kHz. The front panel also includes an LCD screen and media playback controls for the USB and Bluetooth sources. Controls include: Play/pause, Stop, Next, Previous, Loop, Record, and media Volume +/-.
Note: The front panel LCD is only used for displaying media information. All configurations are done using the DIP switch panels.
DIP Switch Configuration: The VMA260 has 3 DIP switch panels used to configure the inputs and outputs, giving it a lot of flexibility. By default, Input channels 1-3, Music 1, and Bluetooth/USB are sourced to amplifier 1. Input channels 4-6 and Music 2 are routed to amplifier 2. The user may take any input and have it routed to both outputs by selecting the appropriate switch. Each of the output channels has its own DIP switch configuration. The DIP switch Input/Output sections are as follows:
Channel 1 Output
Channel 2 Output
Input 1 to CH2
70V/100V - On/Off
70V/100V - On/Off
Input 2 to CH2
Chime - On/Off
Chime - On/Off
Input 3 to CH2
Input 1 Line/Mic - Line/Mic
Input 4 Line/Mic - Line/Mic
Music 1 to CH2
Input 2 Line/Mic - Line/Mic
Input 5 Line/Mic - Line/Mic
BT/USB to CH2
Input 2 Phantom - On/Off
Input 5 Phantom - On/Off
Input 4 to CH1
Input 3 Line/Mic - Line/Mic
Input 6 Line/Mic - Line/Mic
Input 5 to CH1
Input 3 Phantom - On/Off
Input 6 Phantom - On/Off
Input 6 to CH1
Music 2 to CH1
70V/100V Output Setting: This DIP switch determines whether the amplifier is configured to drive low impedance speakers (4O/8O) or 70V/100V speakers. When set for high impedance speakers, a 70Hz high-pass filter is automatically applied.
Chime Function: This DIP switch setting enables a chime sound at the onset of an announcement when priority muting is being used.
Line/Mic Switch: This setting will be determined by the strength of the input signal. Switching to Mic activates 48dB of additional gain to the signal.
Phantom Power: The amplifier can apply 27V of phantom power to that input if the microphone requires it.
VOX Function: Voice activated ducking is available for input channels 2 and 5. The audio input level required to activate ducking is set using the two trim pots on the rear panel (one for each input). Turning them counterclockwise will reduce the level while full clockwise will disable the VOX function.
Priority Muting: Input channels 2 and 5 can mute all other channels if pins 4 and 5 are shorted together using a switch such as a push-to-talk microphone. Input 2 can have priority over all inputs going to amp CH1 and Input 5 can have priority over all inputs going to amp CH2. Input 2 will have priority over both amplifier output channels if input DIP switch #2 is set to On.
Media Playback: The JBL VMA260 allows MP3 file playback from either the front panel USB input or a Bluetooth connected device. A front panel button allows quick and easy pairing of Bluetooth devices.
Remote Volume Control: Each of the 2 output channels has an RJ45 connector on the back panel for using an optional CSR-V wall-mounted, remote, volume control.
Rack Mounting: The VMA260 includes optional front and rear brackets allowing it to be mounted in a standard 19" rack.
- Maximum Power: 60 Watts into 4O or 8O
- Number of Input Channels: 8
- Number of Output Channels: 2
- Tone Controls:
- Bass +/- 14dB @ 50Hz
- Treble +/- 14dB @ 10kHz
- Input Sensitivity:
- Mic input: 5.5mV
- Line input: 1.3V
- RCA input: 130mV
- Frequency Response:
- 4/8O Output: 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 2dB
- 70V/100V Output: 80Hz - 15kHz +/- 3dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <0.5%, 20Hz - 20kHz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >76dB
- Input Impedance (Nominal):
- Mic: 400O
- Line: 20kO (balanced)
- RCA: 50kO
- Phantom Power: 27 VDC
- Crosstalk: -70dB
- Width = 17.0"
- Height = 3.875"
- Depth = 18.0"
- Weight: 25.5 lbs.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked