About the Sony MEX-BT4100P
Your smartphone and this Sony working together
Your smartphone and this Sony working together
The MEX-BT4100P CD receiver offers Sony's latest take on smartphone integration. Its App Remote feature displays your smartphone apps along with your audio sources, so you can launch apps with the receiver's controls. Even cooler, you can use your Smartphone as a remote control, choosing sources, changing radio stations, and viewing song and artist info. If your Android's paired up, it'll even read incoming text messages aloud, so you can keep your focus on the road. And connecting your smartphone is easy — just download a free app, then plug your iPhone® to the USB input, or establish a Bluetooth® link with your Android™ to get started.
Match the color to your car
If you crave style as well as substance, the '4100 is right up your alley. Sony's Dynamic Color Illuminator technology gives you 35,000 display and button colors to choose from, so you can match the receiver's colors to your dash or to your own sense of style.
Hands-free phone calls and music streaming
You can make and take hands-free calls with this receiver and your compatible Bluetooth phone, so you can keep your attention on the road — an important safety feature. And you'll also enjoy wireless audio streaming from your mobile devices. You can even control your Pandora® Internet radio stations from this receiver, and give "thumbs up" and "thumbs down" ratings.
Sonic satisfaction at your fingertips
No matter what the source, the MEX-BT4100P has the tools to make your music sound great. You can adjust the sound with a 7-band equalizer, digital time alignment, frequency filters, and other sonic tools, while this receiver's built-in amp offers impressive power. If you're building a full system, the three sets of preamp outputs really come in handy.
Want to keep your steering wheel controls?
In most vehicles, you can use an adapter (not included) to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Sony stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the receiver, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. Check the "Accessories" tab for compatible adapters.
Note: Bluetooth compatibility of this device may vary, depending on your phone and service provider.
Note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver or its optional iPod adapter.
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in amplifier (17 watts RMS CEA-2006/52 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- App Remote mode for iPhone and Android
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RW discs including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA music files
- detachable face with variable color illumination
- remote control
- EQ7 7-band equalizer
- time alignment and DM+ soundstage enhancer
- high- and low-pass filters
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- Pandora® Internet radio control with iPhone, Android, and Blackberry smartphones
- inputs: front-panel USB and auxiliary inputs
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, and subwoofer)
Other features and specs:
What's in the box:
- Refurbished CD receiver (with 10-amp fuse inserted into chassis)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring (installed)
- Wiring harness
- Wireless remote control (RM-X231)
- CR2025 Lithium battery (installed in remote)
- Microphone (with attached 12' cord terminated by a right-angle male 3.5mm connector)
- Visor bracket
- Two-sided tape
- 2 Radio removal tools
- 4 Flathead ISO-mount screws
- Face fixing screw
- Operating Instructions (Eng/Fre)
- Installation/Connections sheet (En/Fr)
- US Limited Warranty sheet
- Canada Consumer 1 Year Warranty
- Face fixing screw note
Sony MEX-BT4100P reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony MEX-BT4100P
Features & specs
|USB Port Power||---|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||17 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||52 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||90 Days|
|Labor Warranty||90 Days|
|FM Sensitivity||8 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, AAC|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Bluetooth Technology: The Sony MEX-BT4100P is equipped with built-in Bluetooth (version 2.1 + EDR), allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.5 (Hands Free Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.2 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.3 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Pairing: Up to 9 phones or audio devices can be registered with the MEX-BT4100P (only one device can be used at a time). The unit can be set to automatically reconnect to the last connected Bluetooth device when the ignition is turned on. Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Sony MEX-BT4100P. Please visit Sony eSupport for a complete list of compatible Bluetooth enabled phones.
External Microphone: The MEX-BT4100P includes an external microphone to carry on your side of your phone conversation and voice command dialing. The external wired microphone offers improved audio quality versus an integrated microphone, so you can be heard easier over noisy traffic and road noise. You can adjust the level of the microphone without affecting the other sources. The external microphone features an attached 12' cable terminated by a right-angle 3.5mm connector which plugs into the mic input on the rear-panel of the head unit. The microphone comes with a mounting bracket which can be clipped to your vehicle's sun-visor or taped to your dash. The external microphone measures 0.465" (diameter) x 1.425" (depth). There is no integrated front-panel mic.
Hands-Free Communication: The Sony MEX-BT4100P supports Bluetooth hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled cell-phone. Bluetooth hands-free communication helps to minimize distraction while driving by allowing you to control your mobile phone from the head unit, so you don't have to touch your mobile phone. The controls of the MEX-BT4100P can be used to dial a number, answer an in-coming call, or end a call. The unit also features an external microphone (featuring adjustable gain), so you can carry on your side of the conversation while listening to the caller through your vehicles speakers. During a conversation, you can switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode.
- Answering Calls: Incoming calls can be answered manually or automatically (between 3-10 seconds) through the Sony head unit, while the ring tone is output from your car speakers and the caller's name or phone number is displayed on the head unit's LCD. Incoming calls can also be rejected if desired.
- Dialing a Number: Using the MEX-BT4100P, you can dial a phone
number in one of the following ways.
- Entering Phone #: Allows you to manually dial a phone number using the unit's control dial.
- Redial: Use to easily redial the last number you called.
- Preset Dial: You can store up to 6 contacts in the preset dial for quick dialing.
- Phone Book: You can store up to 1,000 contacts in the unit's phone book. Up to a 40 character name can be input for each contact.
- Call History: The unit will store the last 20 calls, allowing you to select a previous phone number quickly from the list.
- Voice Dial: You can make a call using the voice tags stored on your connected cellular phone.
SMS Indicator: The SMS indicator informs you of any incoming or unread SMS messages on your paired Bluetooth-enabled smartphone. You will still need to view the text message from your phone, as well as create and send text messages from your phone.
Wireless Audio Streaming (with Meta Data Display): The Sony MEX-BT4100P also supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. The MEX-BT4100P will be able to control your stored music's basic playback functions; such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, Fast-Forward/Reverse, and Shuffle/Repeat. The head unit will also display your stored music's song information; such as Artist name, Song title, and Album label. The MEX-BT4100P also supports audio streaming of music apps, but without control or metadata. You will continue to use your Bluetooth enabled smartphone to view and control streaming music apps. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Siri Digital Assistant Control: When paired and connected with an iPhone 4S/5 via Bluetooth (not USB), the Sony MEX-BT4100P has the ability to access Siri through its front-panel control and external microphone. Simply activate the "voice dial" function on the MEX-BT4100P to engage Siri and use the included microphone to communicate with Siri. Siri's voice will heard through your vehicle's speakers. All Siri functions including hands-free calling, music search, setting reminders, text-messaging, audible navigation, and more can be done through the head unit and its microphone. The head unit will only display hands-free calling and Bluetooth audio information (all other functions of Siri are only audible through the MEX-BT4100P ; visual data will still need to be viewed from your iPhone device).
Note: You can ask Siri to get directions to a destination and the turn-by-turn instructions will heard through your vehicle's speakers, while the on-screen map still displays on your iPhone 4S/5. The head unit's audio is attenuated while Siri provides audible directions.
USB Port: The receiver's front-panel Type-A USB port can be used for plugging in a (MSC) Mass Storage Class USB device; such as your Android smartphone, portable digital audio player, or USB thumbdrive. The head unit can play music files stored on the USB device in MP3, WMA, or AAC formats (up to 320 kbps). The head unit can recognize up to 10,000 music files on a single USB Mass Storage Device. The MEX-BT4100P offers the following USB search, playback, and display functions.
- Search Modes:
- Quick-BrowZer: allows you to search for a track on a connected USB device easily by category (Genre, Artist, Album, or Playlist)
- Jump Mode: gets you closer to the song you want by allowing you to fast forward through a music category in 10% increments
- Zappin: play music (files or folders) in 6, 15, or 30-second clips until you find the song you are looking for on your connected USB device
- Playback Modes:
- Repeat: repeat a single track or repeat an entire album
- Random: shuffle all tracks or a specific album
- Display Information:
- Numeric Text: track number and elapsed playing time
- Alphanumeric Text: song title, artist name, and album label
Note: This unit cannot recognize USB devices via a USB hub. Not all MP3, WMA, AAC files may playback due to file variations. Copyright protected ACC-LC files cannot be played back.
USB 1-Wire iPod/iPhone Control: The MEX-BT4100P's front-panel USB port allows you to connect your iPod/iPhone via the included iPod dock or Lightning connector-to-USB cable that comes with your iPod or iPhone (not included with the head unit). This USB 1-Wire for iPod/iPhone connection lets you directly connect, charge, & control select iPod/iPhones via the USB jack on the front of the unit, as well as view metadata like song title & artist name on the front display.
- Bypass iPod DAC: The USB connection allows your iPod/iPhone's stored music to be loaded instantly to the head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 1-bit D/A converter (bypassing iPod/iPhone DAC), allowing for a Signal-to-Noise ratio up to 120dB.
- Music Navigation: You can choose to control the iPod/iPhone from the head unit or from your iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen. The Quick-BrowZer feature allows you to browse your iPod/iPhone's music library by Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Playlist, or Podcast from the head unit. You can search within a specific Quick-BrowZer category or All tracks alphabetically (A-Z). With the head unit's Zappin feature, you can play music tracks & albums in 6, 15, or 30-second clips until you find the song you are looking for on your connected iPod/iPhone. The unit also offers Repeat (Track/Album) & Shuffle (Album) playback modes for iPod/iPhone.
- Information Display: The head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information, including - Track #, Elapsed playing time, Song title, Artist name, and Album label.
- Charging: While connected and the ignition switch is set to ACC or ON, the head unit's USB connection will power and charge your iPod/iPhone. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then this unit will not recognize it.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Sony MEX-BT4100P is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 2/21/2013):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod||App Remote||Pandora App||Artist/Song Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio||Siri|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Front-Panel Auxiliary Input: A front panel stereo 3.5mm mini-jack is provided to allow the connection of a portable audio source. Just connect your portable digital music player to this unit, and you can listen to the audio from the portable player through the speakers in your mobile audio system. The volume level of the auxiliary input is adjustable from -8 to +18 dB to compensate for any difference between the unit and your portable device. The aux input can be deactivated in the menu, so it does not appear as an available source.
App Remote Technology: Sony's App Remote Technology offers two-way communication between the Sony MEX-BT4100P and your USB-connected iPhone (iOS 5+) or Bluetooth-connected Android smartphone (2.1/2.2/2.3/4.0/4.1). You will need to download the free Sony App Remote application from the Apple App Store or the Google Play App Store. This application integrates compatible Apple iOS and Android apps into the selectable source list of the Sony CD receiver and lets you launch apps from the head unit. You can operate basic functionality of compatible audio apps directly from the receiver (operation differs depending on the app). Movie and navigation apps will continue to be controlled from your smartphone. In addition, you can control the receiver's sources directly from the application on your smartphone using simple finger gestures and see detailed source information on the phone's touchscreen.
- Receiver Sources: The App Remote on your iPhone or Android smartphone lets you access the head unit's Tuner (AM/FM), CD, iPhone, Bluetooth, and Aux sources from your phone's touchscreen. You can use finger gestures to tap, flick left/right, or flick up/down on the phone's touchscreen in order to change AM/FM Band, Play/Pause a track, Seek Up/Down a track or station, select a Preset, or access an Album. You will also be able to see song/artist information from MP3/WMA/AAC and smartphone sources, as well as station identification numbers from AM/FM radio.
- Compatible Apps (as of 12/5/2012): The App Remote also
provides various music, movie, and navigation apps which can be accesses
from the Sony MEX-BT4100P's source list. Available operation differs
depending on the application.
- Music Apps: Music apps include; AUPEO!, iHeartRadio, Last.fm, Livio Radio, Pandora, MOG, Spotify, Slacker Radio, Shoutcast, TuneIn, and more. The head unit offers full control & song/artist information for Pandora (see Pandora App description below). The head unit only provides basic playback functions (Play/Pause, Skip Track, or Next Station) and no song/artist information for other music apps.
- Movie Apps: Movie apps include; HBO GO, Hulu Plus, Netflix, YouTube and more. Video will be displayed on your smartphone's screen, while the audio plays through your vehicle's speakers. You can control Play/Pause from the MEX-BT4100P. Other playback functions will need to done on your smartphone. Subscription may be required. You should not watch videos while your vehicle is in motion.
- Navigation Apps: Supported navigation apps include; Google Maps, Garmin (USA/N.America), INRIX Traffic, MotionX GPS Drive, Navfree GPS TeleNav (GPS/Navigation), NAVIGON, TomTom, and more. The map screen will display on your smartphone's touchscreen, while audible directions can be heard through your vehicle's speakers. You can continue to listen to music while navigating; the unit will attenuate your music during a navigation voice-prompt. Control of the navigation apps will still be done through your smartphone's touchscreen. Fees may apply for some navigation apps & functions.
- Bluetooth SMS (Android only): In addition to hands-free calling and music control using Bluetooth technology, App Remote enables the car receiver to automatically read text messages (SMS) when the feature is turned on (your Android smartphone must have TTS Engine installed).
Note: Access to the music, movie, and navigation apps will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet.
Pandora Internet Radio: Pandora is the leading Internet Radio music service in the United States, giving people music they love anytime, anywhere, through personalized radio stations. The Sony MEX-BT4100P CD receiver lets you playback and control the Pandora Internet Radio music service that is being streamed to your Apple iPhone, Android smartphone, or BlackBerry. The Sony MEX-BT4100P will display Artist, Album, & Song information provided by the Pandora app on your iPhone, Android, or BlackBerry smartphone. Your iPhone (iOS 3.0 or later) will need to be connected to the head unit's front-panel USB port with the latest version of the Pandora App from Apple's iTunes App Store. Your Android or BlackBerry smartphone must be connected via Bluetooth to the Sony MEX-BT4100P (no hard-wired connection required). Your Bluetooth-enabled Android or BlackBerry smartphone must have the latest version of the Pandora App from the Android Market or the BlackBerry App World. Your Android or BlackBerry smartphone must also support A2DP, AVRCP, and SPP Bluetooth profiles. Your iPhone, Android, or BlackBerry smartphone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. In addition, you will need an active Pandora music service account. The Sony MEX-BT4100P provides the following control over the Pandora music service streamed to your USB-connected iPhone or Bluetooth-enabled Android or BlackBerry smartphone.
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z).
- QuickMix: QuickMix allows you to listen to songs played on one or more Pandora stations in your Station List randomly. You will need to edit your QuickMix station selections on the phone before connection.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song or artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or smartphone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
Digital Clarity Tuner: The Sony MEX-BT4100P is equipped with a Digital Clarity Tuner for clear AM/FM stereo sound with digital processing technology.
RDS: The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist & track information when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
Preset Stations: The radio features 5 memory bands to store and receive AM/FM stations. You can store up to 6 presets in each in band (FM 1-3/AM 1-2), for a total of 18 FM presets and 12 AM presets.
Best Tuning Memory (BTM): This feature automatically selects stations with the best signals within the selected band (FM 1-3), AM 1-2) & stores them in order of their frequency.
Manual/Seek Tuning: The MEX-BT4100P allows you to manual tune or seek tune AM/FM stations.
- Manual Tuning: You can manually tune & find your favorite radio stations one by one.
- Seek Tuning: You can use the seek button to help you search quickly through the available AM/FM stations.
Local Mode: In the Local Seek Mode, the unit will only tune in stations with very strong signals during Seek tuning.
Mono Mode: The Mono Mode allows you improve poor FM reception by selecting a monaural signal instead of a stereo signal.
SiriusXM Ready: The Sony MEX-BT4100P comes ready for SiriusXM programming with access to XM and Sirius Satellite Radio stations. Thanks to its proprietary SiriusXM Connect port, you can add the optional SXV200V1 SiriusXM Connect tuner and receive more than 150 channels of exclusive programming directly from SiriusXM, via the "SiriusXM All Access" package (subscription required). Visit SiriusXM.com for a complete list of subscription options and channel guide. Additional features of the SXV200 SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel list displays a list of all available channels
- Category Search searches for channels in a certain category
- Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's LCD
- Up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets
- Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
Disc Compatibility: The unit features a single disc player that will playback CD-Audio, CD-Text, and finalized CD-R/CD-RW audio discs (12cm only).
MP3/WMA/AAC Playback: The Sony MEX-BT4100P allows you to playback CD-Rs or CD-RWs loaded with MP3, WMA, or AAC songs (up to 320 kbps) recorded in ISO 9660 level 1 or 2, Joliet/Romeo, or Multi-Session. The MEX-BT4100P can support up 150 folders, and a combined 300 folders and files on a disc. The head unit will also display song information for MP3, WMA, and AAC music files (Joliet: up to 32 characters, Romeo: up to 64 characters).
Note: Not all MP3, WMA, AAC files may playback due to file variations. Copyright protected ACC-LC files cannot be played back.
Compressed Audio Display Information: The CD receiver can display the following CD-TEXT or ID3/WMA-tag information - Track number, Elapsed Playing Time, Song Title, Artist Name, or Album Label.
Quick-BrowZer: The unit's Quick-BrowZer feature allows you to search for a track on a MP3/WMA/AAC disc easily by category (Genre, Artist, Album, or Playlist).
Jump Mode: Jump Mode gets you closer to the song you want by allowing you to fast forward through a music category in 10 percent increments.
Zappin: With the Zappin feature, you can play music (files or folders) in 6, 15, or 30-second clips until you find the song you are looking for on your CD.
Off Insert/Eject: A CD disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. The head unit will automatically begin disc playback, when a disc is inserted with the receiver set to a different source or powered off.
Auto Reload: The CD player will automatically reinsert the disc if it's ejected, but not removed for 20 seconds or more.
Mounting Angle: For proper CD playback, this unit must be mounted between 0 (horizontal) and 45-degrees
Dynamic Reality Amp: The MEX-BT4100P is equipped with Sony's Dynamic Reality Amp to produce 3-dimensional sound staging for more realistic sound inside your vehicle.
CEA2006 Compliant Amplifier: The power specifications for the Sony MEX-BT4100P are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs for the MEX-BT4100P are as follows:
- Continuous Power Output: 17 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Peak Power Output: 52 watts x 4-channels (208 total watts)
2V/6Ch Preamp Outputs: The Sony MEX-BT4100P is equipped with 2-volt Front, Rear, & Sub pre-amp outputs giving you the ability to connect external amplifiers to your car stereo system.
Subwoofer Controls: The unit's subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. The subwoofer preamp output features a low pass filter with a selectable cut-off frequency of 50Hz, 60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, or Off. You can also adjust the slope (1/2/3) of the low-pass crossover. You can even adjust the subwoofer preamp output's volume level independently from the head unit's volume control from -10 to +10 in 1dB increments. In addition, you can select the phase of the subwoofer output from Normal or Reverse.
Subwoofer Direct Connection: You can connect a subwoofer to this head unit without the need of a separate power amplifier. Simply connect a single subwoofer (4-8 ohm) directly to head unit's left or right rear speaker leads (but not both). Same subwoofer controls apply.
High-Pass Filter: The front & rear speaker outputs offer a selectable high-pass crossover frequency of 50Hz, 60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, or Off. You can also adjust the slope (1/2/3) of the high-pass crossover.
Advanced Sound Engine: Sony's Advanced Sound Engine creates an ideal in-car sound field with digital signal processing. Advanced Sound Engine contains the following features: EQ7, Listening Position, DM+ Advanced, Rear Bass Enhancer, & Dynamic Loudness.
- EQ7: You can select an equalizer curve from eight music types - Xplod, Vocal, Edge, Cruise, Space, Gravity, Custom, or Off (Flat). The Custom EQ7 mode allows you to make your own equalizer settings. You can adjust the level (+/-6dB) of seven different frequency bands - Band1 (63Hz), Band2 (160Hz), Band3 (400Hz), Band4 (1kHz), Band5 (2.5khz), Band6 (6.3khz), and Band7 (16.0kHz).
- Listening Position: This unit can change the localization of sound by delaying the sound output from each speaker to suit your position, and simulate a natural sound field with the feeling of being in the center of it wherever you sit in the car. You can choose from Front Right, Front Left, Front Center, or Off. You can also set the subwoofer distance of the subwoofer to Near, Normal, or Far
- RBE (Rear Bass Enhancer): RBE enhances the bass sound by applying the low-pass filter setting to the rear speakers. This function allows the rear speakers to work as a subwoofer even if there is no subwoofer connected.
- Dynamic Loudness: Dynamic Loudness refers to compensating for volume level & signal gain.
- DM+ Advanced: DM+ Advanced improves digitally compressed sound by restoring high frequencies lost in the compression process (works only for USB).
Automatic Level Optimizer: Automatic Level Optimizer analyzes each track's playback level & adjusts the output level to optimize transitions between tracks & sources.
Beep Tone: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
Detachable Face w/ Caution Alarm: The Sony MEX-BT4100P features a detachable face for theft prevention. If you turn the ignition switch to the Off position without detaching the head unit's front-panel, the caution alarm will sound for a few seconds. The alarm will only sound if the unit's built-in amplifier is used. No face case is included with this unit. An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can be purchased for this unit. A face-fixing screw is supplied for making the face non-detachable, if desired.
Dynamic Color Illuminator (35,000 colors): Dynamic Color Illuminator lets you match the head unit's LCD & button illumination to complement your existing vehicle lighting components. With selectable Sound Synchronization, the timing of the color change is synchronized with the audio source. You can select from 12 preset colors (red/amber/m-amber/yellow/white/light green/green/light blue/sky blue/blue/purple/pink), customized color, & 5 preset patterns (rainbow/ocean/sunset/forest/random). The unit's Dynamic Color Illuminator offers the following advance features.
- Day/Night Color Mode: You can register a customize color for the unit's display and buttons for day & night time driving.
- Sound Synchronization: The color changes according to synchronization of playing music. When you select a preset pattern sound synchronization becomes effective.
- White Menu: You can display the menu more clearly (White text) without concern for the unit's other color settings.
- Start White: When you power-on the head unit, the color of the unit's display and buttons turn white and then the color changes to your chosen customize color. You can enjoy this effect whenever the source is turned on.
Motion Display: This feature shows moving patterns and a spectrum analyzer on the display when turned on.
Auto Scroll: This feature allows long displayed items to scroll automatically across the display when the track is changed on a disc.
Display Illumination/Clock Display: Pressing the Source/Off button once will switch sources. Pressing and holding the Source/Off button for one second will turn off audio output, but the clock display and button illumination remain on. To turn the unit off completely, you must press and hold the Source/Off button for two seconds.
Dimmer: To change the brightness of the display you can set the MEX-BT4100P to one of three dimmer modes; Dimmer Auto (dims the display automatically when you turn your vehicle's lights on), Dimmer Off (deactivates the dimmer), and Dimmer On (display always dim).
Auto Off: When installing in a vehicle without an accessory power wire at the radio location, you can set the unit to turn off all lighting a set amount of time after you turn the power off. The Auto Off feature can be set to 30 seconds, 30 minutes, 60 minutes, or No.
Demo Mode: The head unit's demo mode can be turned On or Off.
Wireless Remote Control: The head unit comes supplied with an IR wireless remote control (RM-X231) for easy operation. The included wireless remote allows you to control the basic functions (not Bluetooth) of the Sony head unit while keeping your eyes on the road.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
16 questions already asked