About the Crown DCi 4/300
Multipurpose 4-channel power
Get started with
a free system design
After we gather your information, we’ll send you a detailed system plan. It will include a link to a pre-filled shopping cart. Ordering is easy, and delivery is fast.
Multipurpose 4-channel power
Crown's DCi 4/300 4-channel, rack-mountable amplifier is a versatile powerhouse that can be used in just about any commercial or professional setting. It provides solid power to drive multiple speakers with accurate, uncolored sound.
Crown's DriveCore technology dramatically cuts down on the number of parts within the amp without sacrificing its clean powerful sound. It's rated for 2- 4- or 8-ohm loads for 4-channel 70V/100V output, and output can be bridged to 2-channel mono for 140V/200V operation.
This amp enables you to set up 2-4 speakers in "Low-Z" (2- to 8-ohm) mode, or even hundreds of speakers in "High-Z" mode (70V or 100V) for commercial use. Its internal fan, vented design, and efficient power supply make sure this amp stays cool, even in the confines of a utility closet. The DCi 4/300 requires two rack spaces.
- advanced protection circuitry guards against: shorted outputs, mismatched loads, general overheating and other hazards
- rated for 2- 4- 8- and 16-ohm loads and 70V and 100V output
- 150 watts at 16 ohms
- 300 watts at 8 ohms
- 300 watts at 4 ohms
- 150 watts at 2 ohms
- can be bridged for 2-channel 140V/200V operation
- individual rear attenuator controls for each channel
- switch-mode universal power supply
- automatic 35Hz high-pass filter when using 70V/100V mode
- separate LED lights for power, ready indicator, clipping and excessive temperature warning per channel
- two 4-position barrier strips with connectors for dual loudspeakers or bridged mono
- 3-pin removable Phoenix-type auxiliary connector
- three sets of dip switches for amp configuration
Dimensions and warranty:
- 19"W x 3-1/2"H x 16-1/2"D (rack spaces: 2U)
- weight: 20 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DCI4X300-U-USFX
What's in the box:
- Power amplifier
- 35" Power cord (IEC 3-pin)
- 2 Rack-mount plates
- Three 6-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connectors
- One 3-pin Euroblock connector
- 10 Crimp-on spade terminals
- Ten 3/4" machine screws w/ washers
- Operation manual
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Crown DCi 4/300
Overview: The Crown DCi4/300 is a 4 channel power amplifier designed for installed sound applications, providing accurate, uncolored sound with low distortion and capable of powering 2, 4, 8, and 16 Ohm speaker loads or 70V and 100V speakers (140V/200V speakers in Bridged Mode). Other features include; an intuitive front-panel LED matrix for quick and easy identification of signal levels and fault indicators, an automatic 35Hz high-pass filter when 70/100 volt mode is selected, an advanced universal power supply, and protection circuitry to guard against shorted outputs, mismatched loads, and overheating.
Inputs/Outputs: Inputs consist of four 3-pin Euroblock connectors, that can accept either a balanced or unbalanced line-level input. The speaker outputs consist of two 4-position barrier strips that can be configured for either 4 channels (Stereo/Dual Mode) or 1 or 2 mono outputs in Bridge mode.
Power Rating: The DCi4/300 features a flexible output that can power 2Ω - 8Ω loads (low-Z), in Dual mode, and 4Ω - 8Ω loads in Bridged-mono mode. 70V speakers (high-Z) can be used in Dual mode and 140V speakers for Bridged-mono mode. Power ratings are as follows:
70V (140V Bridged)
100V (200V Bridged)
LED Indicators: The power amplifier's front panel features four 7-segment LED strips that provide various information about the amp. Each strip has the following LED's:
- Fault: Flashes red when the amplifier output channel has stopped operating.
- Thermal: Lights red indicating whether the Thermal Protection circuit has been activated (When internal temperature exceeds 176˚F).
- Clip: Lights red when the signal reaches the threshold of distortion.
- -10dB: Flashes green when the signal level reaches 10dB below the clip point.
- -20dB: Flashes green when the signal level reaches 20dB below the clip point.
- Signal: Lights green when a signal is present on that input channel.
- Ready: Lights green when the amplifier is ready to produce audio.
DIP Switch Settings: The DCi4/300's rear panel includes 3 sets of DIP switches for configuring the amplifier:
- Global Settings:
- 70/100 VRMS: Selects either 70 or 100 volt operation for all outputs selected for Hi-Z mode, with Off being for 70V and On for 100V. When Bridged Hi-Z is selected, voltages are doubled to 140V or 200V.
- Amplifier Status: Used in conjunction with the 3-pin Aux/Status output jack, this is used for monitoring and control systems where notification of an amplifier fault is necessary. When On, the amplifier will send a 2Hz pulse on the output. When Off, the amp sends a logic high level signal to this output
- Power Save: This setting enables the Auto-Standby feature. When the switch is Off, Auto-Standby is disabled, when On, Auto-Standby is enabled.
- Channel Pair DIP Switches (2 sets): Each of the these 3 switch
matrices lets you select the type of output:
- Hi-Z: On sets that channel for 70/100 volt operation, and Off when using 2-16Ω speakers.
- Bridge: When selected to On, bridges those two channels.
Attenuators: Each output channel includes its own 21-position detented potentiometer that can be used to lower the input signal on that channel. Range is from 0dB to -95dB.
Cooling: With a rear-panel cooling fan, the DCi4/300 employs flow-through, front-to-back ventilation for rapid, uniform head dissipation.
Protection Systems: The DCi4/300 incorporates a number of protection features which include:
- Output Current Limiting: This circuitry protects the amplifier output stage from damage caused by short-circuit loads.
- DC Protection: Shuts down the amplifier in the event of an output DC offset exceeding 2V.
- Thermal Protection: This will activate if the internal heatsink temperature exceeds proper operating temperature of approximately 176˚F.
Power Supply: The DCi4/300 utilizes a switch-mode universal power supply, eliminating the need for voltage converters when using the amp in other countries.
- Power Output: 300W (per channel @4 Ohms)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: >108dB
- THD: 0.35%
- Damping Factor: >1000
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Input Impedance: 10k Ohms balanced, 5k Ohms unbalanced
- Dimensions: Width = 19.0", Height = 3.50", Depth = 16.50"
- Weight: 20.1 lbs.