About the Crown DSI-1000
Pure power under control
Get started with
a free system design
After we gather your information, we’ll send you a detailed system plan. It will include a link to a pre-filled shopping cart. Ordering is easy, and delivery is fast.
Pure power under control
Need a lot of power and control for your sound system? Crown's DSi 1000 can send up to 1400 watts to your public address or theater speakers while processing the sound to achieve optimum fidelity at high volume settings. This DSi Series amp features the excellent sound quality and high performance you expect from a Crown power amplifier.
The amp can power 2-, 4-, and 8-ohm loads in two-channel stereo mode, as well as 4- and 8-ohm loads in bridged one-channel mode, so you have plenty of system configuration options to choose from. Onboard digital signal processing includes crossovers, delays, and output limiting so you can easily integrate the amp into your speaker system and get great sound. Selectable presets let you customize the amp's performance to match up with over fifteen different JBL loudspeaker systems.
HiQnet connection for fine-tuning
Connecting your DSi Series amp to a laptop via the USB port provides access to Crown's HiQnet™ System Architect™ software. This user-friendly interface lets you tweak your system settings right from your laptop and save the setup that sounds best to you. Available processes include 6-band parametric equalizers for inputs and outputs, and tunable crossovers with variable frequencies and slopes.
It likes to network too
The DSi 1000 has hard-wired inputs and outputs, with no plug sockets or jacks, and is designed to be used in a commercial theater-type installation or an equipment rack where portability and plugging and unplugging things every night are not required. A rear panel HD-15 connector provides network connectivity between up to six DSi amplifiers and a Crown DSi-8M System Monitor, giving you ultimate power management and audio control over a large sound system.
DSi 1000 rear panel connections
- 2-channel power amplifier with digital signal processing
- output power:
- 275 watts x 2 at 8 ohms
- 475 watts x 2 at 4 ohms
- 700 watts x 2 at 2 ohms
- 950 watts x 1 bridged at 8 ohms
- 1400 watts x 1 bridged at 4 ohms
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz (+0, -1 dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 100 dB
- THX® approved
Digital Signal Processing:
- selectable presets for JBL cinema speaker systems
- selectable crossover filters: ch1 low-pass, ch2 high-pass (off, 90, 100, 1200, 1500, 2000 Hz)
- selectable output limiters (0, -3, -6, -12 dB)
- adjustable delay (0 to 50 msec)
- 6-band parametric EQ and other processing setups and configurations applied by Crown's HiQnet™ System Architect™ software via USB connection to your computer
- automatic output protection systems limit current overload, DC offset, and overheating
Controls and Connections:
- left and right channel level control knobs and LED meters
- LCD screen and selector buttons
- inputs: Phoenix connectors
- outputs: binding posts
- USB computer connection for Crown HiQnet applications
- HD-15 connection for Crown DSi-8M Projection Booth Monitor system
- included no-touch and attenuator security covers prevent output terminal shocks and unwanted level adjustments
- weight: 19 lbs.
- dimensions: 19"W x 15-3/4"D x 3-1/2"H (2 rack spaces)
- switch-mode universal power supply (100-240V, 50/60 Hz)
- warranty: 6 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DSI-1000
What's in the box:
- 2-Channel amplifier
- 35" Power cable (IEC 3-pin)
- Output terminal cover (installed)
- Two 3-pin Phoenix connectors
- 2 Attenuator security covers
- 5 Crimp-on spade terminals (12 ga.)
- Operation manual
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Crown DSI-1000
Overview: The Crown DSi1000 2-channel power amplifier is a high-performance amplifier designed for cinema installations, with multiple preset DSP configurations that are perfectly matched for select JBL ScreenArray speaker systems.
Power: The DSi1000 2-channel amplifier can provide the following output power:
- 2Ω: 700W x 2
- 4Ω: 475W x 2
- 8Ω: 275W x 2
- 4Ω: 1400W x 1
- 8Ω: 950W x 1
Power Supply & Cooling: The Crown DSi1000 features a switch-mode universal power supply that can operate on 100V, 120V, and 220-240V @ 50/60Hz. A rear-panel automatic cooling fan and front-panel grille provide front-to-rear forced airflow for exceptional cooling.
DSP: The DSi1000's onboard digital signal processor (DSP) includes Crossovers, EQ Filters, Delay, and Output Limiting. Twenty DSP presets, including DSP Off, are provided for quick selection when connecting to select JBL ScreenArray speaker systems (sold separately). Each Preset can be customized if needed. Two user Presets (19&20) are also provided that can be custom-configured and saved. DSP configuration can also be made using Crown's HiQnet Audio Architect software, available here for Windows 7 (SP1), 8.1, and 10 (Mac not supported). Once configured, your settings can be loaded into the DSi1000 via the rear-panel USB-B port. Configurable DSP processes on the DSi1000 amplifier include:
- Y: Configuration for Input Channels
- CH1+CH2: Input signals on both channels are summed to a mono signal and fed to both amp output channels.
- Input Y: Input 1 signals will be sent to both 1&2 output channels. Signals on input 2 are ignored.
- Stereo: Signals on Input 1 will be sent to Output 1 and signals on Input 2 will be sent to Output 2.
- XOV (Crossover): With this setting, Channel 1 will always be set to pass low frequencies and Channel 2 will be set to pass high frequencies. Available crossover frequencies include: Off, 90Hz, 100Hz, 1200Hz, 1500Hz, 2000Hz, 2-Ch Sub, and Custom.
- EQ: Provides the option to activate the Equalization that you setup in the HiQnet System Architect software to both Ch.1 and Ch.2. IN applies the EQ to that channel and OUT bypasses the equalizer.
- DEL (Delay): Lets you set the Delay time for Ch.1 and Ch. 2. Delay times are Off, 1-10 msec, 10-50 msec, and 0 msec, which is a placeholder for any delay time set in the System Architect software.
- LIM (Limiter): Sets the threshold for the Limiter to be activated: -3dB below clipping, -6dB below clipping, and -12dB below clipping.
- BRG (Bridge mode): Lets you set the amp to Bridge-Mono or Stereo modes.
Controls & Indicators: The Crown DSi1000 front panel includes the following:
- Level: Two indented rotary controls adjust the signal level for Channels 1 & 2. Two tamper-proof security covers are provided for the Level controls.
- Meter Group: Each channel includes a
6-segment LED strip with indications for:
- Ready: Lights Green to indicate the amp is ready for use.
- Signal: Flashes Green when a very low-level signal is present on the input.
- -20dB: Flashes Green when the output signal level exceeds -20dB below clipping.
- -10dB: Flashes Green when the output signal level exceeds -10dB below clipping.
- Clip: Lights Red when the signal reaches the threshold of audible distortion.
- Thermal: Lights Red when the amp has reached an excessive temperature.
- LCD: Displays which DSP Preset is selected along with icons for DSP options.
- Sel/Enter, Prev/Up, & Next/Down: Three push-buttons are used for navigating the menu options.
- Power: On/Off
- Audio Inputs: Two 3-pin Phoenix (Euroblock) connectors provide the inputs to Channel 1 and 2, accepting balanced or unbalanced signals.
- Speaker Outputs: A barrier strip with set-screws provides the output connections for Channel 1 and 2 or for a single bridged output. Crimp-on spade terminals are included that can accept up to 12-gauge speaker wire. A removable protective cover is provided for the speaker output barrier strip.
- HD-15: A 15-pin socket can provide an input/output connection for linking additional DSi amplifiers or connecting a Crown DSi-8M System Monitor (all sold separately).
- USB (Type-B): Connects to a PC for setup and configuration using Crown's HiQnet System Architect software.
Mounting: The DSi1000 features built-in rack ears allowing it to be mounted in a standard 19" wide equipment rack (hardware not included). The amp takes up 2U or vertical rack space.
- Output Channels: 2
- 2Ω: 700W
- 4Ω: 475W
- 8Ω: 275W
- Bridged 4Ω: 1400W
- Bridged 8Ω: 850W
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz (+0/-1dB @1kHz into 4Ω)
- Minimum Impedance:
- 2-Channel: 2Ω
- Bridged: 4Ω
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 100dB (A-weighted, below rated 8Ω power @1kHz)
- Damping Factor: >500 (20Hz-400Hz)
- Sensitivity: 1.4V @8Ω, 1.3V @4Ω, 1.1V @2Ω
- Crosstalk: >70dB below rated power (20Hz-1kHz, A-weighted)
- Input Impedance: 20kΩ (balanced), 10kΩ (unbalanced)