About the PreSonus AudioBox™ iOne
Easy recording with your iPad or PC
Easy recording with your iPad or PC
If you're trying to decide between a computer interface and an iPad interface, why not get both? The PreSonus AudioBox iOne is a very affordable interface that allows connection to either device. Use it with your iPad to record fresh ideas quickly. Or, connect it to your computer for extended tracking and mixing sessions with more options and control. Best of all, when you record using the free Capture™ Duo app from PreSonus, you can send your recording wirelessly to PreSonus's included Studio One Artist software on your computer. Create a song on your iPad, and polish it on your PC before sharing with friends. Want to record up to 32 tracks on your iPad? Upgrade from Capture Duo to Capture ($9.99 from the app store).
Connect a microphone and a guitar
The AudioBox iOne includes an XLR input with a Class A preamp and phantom power for use with condenser or dynamic microphones. There's also a high-impedance instrument input, so you can directly connect an electric guitar or bass. To monitor your performance, plug your favorite 'phones into the headphone jack. There are also rear-panel stereo TRS outputs for connecting powered studio monitors for mixing and mastering. The iOne's monitor signals gives you a 50/50 mix of analog input signals and digital computer-returned signals to help combat latency.
Tough enough to take with you
Like all PreSonus interfaces, the AudioBox iOne is ruggedly built with an all-metal chassis. Its compact form fits beautifully in a desktop setup or a portable rig for taking to a friend's house for jamming or composing. Take advantage of its versatility, and use it for both.
- 2-input, 2-output recording interface for iPad, Mac®, and PC
- Class A mic preamplifier for low-noise, high-headroom performance
- internal analog mixer allows direct monitoring of input signals for low latency
- free Capture Duo app for iPad offers easy two-track recording and wireless transfer to your computer
- Capture for iPad offers up to 32-track recording ($9.99 from the Apple app store)
- includes Studio One Artist digital recording software for Mac/PC plus 6GB of third-party samples (free download)
- powered by your computer via USB (cable included); iPad recording requires 30-pin or Lightning™ cable, and USB AC adapter (not included)
- XLR input with phantom power for use with condenser and dynamic microphones
- two balanced TRS line outputs for connecting powered studio monitors
- 1/4" headphone output with independent level control
- USB 2.0 port for connection to a computer
- "Device" output for connection to an iPad
- 24-bit analog-to-digital/digital-to-analog conversion with sampling rates of 44.1/48/88.2/96kHz (44.1 and 48kHz with iPad)
- LED light indicates when a signal is present and when clipping occurs
- rugged metal chassis
- system requirements for computer recording: Windows 7 (x64/x86 SP1), Windows 8 (x64/x86), or Mac OS X 10.7.5 or later; USB 2.0 port; Internet connection for software download; monitor with 1280x800 resolution; 7200 RPM storage drive highly recommended
- system requirements for iPad recording: iPad 2, iPad (3rd Generation), iPad (4th generation), iPad mini™, or iPad Air™ with iOS 7.0.1 or higher
- 5-15/16"W x 1-3/4"H x 5-5/16"D
- weight: 1.35 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AudioBox iOne
What's in the box:
- AudioBox iOne USB/iPad recording system
- 5' USB cable (Type A USB on one end and Type B USB on other end)
- Hookup Guide
- Health Safety and Compliance Guide
- Online Registration sheet
More details on the PreSonus AudioBox™ iOne
Overview: The PreSonus AudioBox iOne portable audio interface allows you to record 24-bit/96kHz audio to an Apple iPad, PC or Mac. The iOne features two high quality inputs and two outputs, plus a 1/4" headphone out with volume control. You will be able to download PreSonus' easy-to-use Studio One Artist DAW for Mac and Windows, as well as Capture Duo recording software for iPad (with product registration).
USB Bus Power: The AudioBox iOne is USB bus-powered, meaning no external power supply is necessary. A USB 2.0/Power Port connects the iOne to an available USB port on your computer via the supplied USB cable.
Front Panel: The front panel of the AudioBox iOne features the following:
- One combo microphone/line input that will accept either a 1/4" TRS or XLR plug. The input is equipped with a low-noise, high-head-room, Class A microphone preamplifier, which works with dynamic, ribbon, and condenser microphones.
- One 1/4" instrument input designed for use with instruments that don't have internal preamps (guitar, bass).
- The 48-volt Phantom Power button turns the 48V phantom power on or off for the microphone inputs. The button illuminates blue whenever the 48V button is switched on.
- The Input Gain Controls for each channel provide 52dB of variable gain (-10 to +42 dB) on the microphone inputs and 51 dB of variable gain (-24 to +27 dB) on the instrument inputs. Each channel features an Input Signal Indicator LED next to the gain control that illuminates in green whenever an input signal is present. The LEDs change to red when the channel's input signal reaches -0.5 dBFS. At 0 dBFS, the signal will exhibit signs of clipping.
- The Direct Monitor Mix Control button allows you to blend the input signals with the playback streams from your computer into the headphone output. This allows you to monitor your input with zero latency. In the "in" position, the input and playback are equally balanced. In the "out" position, you will only hear the playback from your computer.
- The Main Output Knob controls the signal level for the main outputs on the back of the interface.
- The 1/4" Headphone Output lets you connect a pair of headphones to the interface. The output has a rotary headphone volume control knob to let you adjust the level of your headphones.
- The Power LED illuminates in blue when the interface is properly powered and synced to a connection on your computer or iPad
Rear Panel: The rear panel of the AudioBox iOne features the following:
- The USB 2.0 (Type B USB) port is for connecting the interface to your computer using the included USB cable. This port provides bus power to the unit, and also provides power to the interface when used with an iPad. This port is compatible with all USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports.
- A Type A USB Device Port lets you use an Apple-compatible 30-pin or Lightning-to-USB cable to connect the AudioBox to an iPad when recording and playing back from audio applications.
- Two 1/4" Main Outputs are provided for connecting the unit to an amplifier or powered speakers. The Main Output Knob on the front panel controls the volume level from these outputs.
- A connector is supplied for a Kensington-style Security Lock to protect the AudioBox iOne from theft.
Studio One Artist: With the purchase of the AudioBox iOne, the PreSonus Studio One Artist recording software becomes available for downloading. Studio One Artist comes with 20 high-quality Native Effects plug-ins, and more than 6 GB of loops and samples that you can use for music recording and production. The software gives you an unlimited track count, inserts, and sends, as well as project templates that are made specifically for AudioBox interfaces. Studio One Artist is compatible with Windows (7 SP1 and 8 or later) and Mac OS X (10.8 or later).
iPad Compatibility: The AudioBox iOne is compatible with the following iPad models, that must be running iOS 7.03 or later: iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display, iPad (4th generation), iPad mini, iPad (3rd generation), and iPad 2. Capture Duo software, available for download, is a free 2-channel app that can be used as a simple way of capturing audio on your iPad. Capture for iPad is a paid app ($9.99) that can record and play up to 32 channels.
- Frequency Response (± 3dB): 10 Hz to 40 kHz
- Input Impedance (Balanced): 1,200 ohms
- THD+N (unweighted, 1 kHz): <0.008%
- S/N Ratio: >95 dB
- Digital Audio:
- Bit Depth: 24
- Internal Sample Frequency Selections: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96 kHz