PreSonus Monitor Station V2
Desktop studio control center
Our take on the PreSonus Monitor Station V2 by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Studio monitor control at your fingertips
Studio monitoring and playback can be tricky and complex. If the drummer, singer and guitarist are isolated to prevent noise bleed, how do they all hear each other so they can stay together? That's where the PreSonus Monitor Station V2 comes in very handy. The ergonomic design of the desktop control unit makes it easy to choose where the sound is going, with a simple press of a button.
Three separate pairs of powered studio monitors can be connected via 1/4" TRS jacks. And up to four sets of headphones — each with an individual volume knob — add more flexibility for your professional studio setup. A built-in talkback microphone lets you keep in touch from behind the console in-between takes.
- convenient desktop design provides multiple monitoring and control options
- built-in electret-condenser talkback microphone with input-gain control
- 8-segment color LED input meters with selectable reference level
- external DC power transformer included
Inputs and outputs:
- 2 stereo pairs of 1/4" TRS inputs
- 1 stereo pair of RCA aux inputs
- 1 stereo S/PDIF coaxial digital input
- 3 stereo pairs of 1/4" TRS speaker outputs with level controls
- 1 stereo pair of 1/4" TRS main outputs
- 1 stereo pair of 1/4" TRS cue outputs
- four 1/4" TRS stereo headphone outputs
- large main level control
- 3 individual main source select switches (ST1, ST2, Aux)
- 3 individual speaker select switches
- cue section with source select (ST1, ST2, Aux) and output-level control
- aux-S/PDIF select switch
- aux input level control
- main mute, mono, and dim switches with variable dim attenuation
- 9"W x 2-5/8"H x 10"D
- weight: 5.37 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Power adapter w/attached 5' cord
- 70" AC Power cord (C7 Unpolarized)
- Quick Start Guide (English / Spanish / German / French)
- Warranty Registration card
- Safety and Warnings
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Overview: The PreSonus Monitor Station V2 is a versatile, convenient, and affordable solution for managing your studio monitoring system from your desktop. With features like three stereo pairs of speaker outputs, four headphone outputs, talkback mic, and 5 stereo inputs including a S/PDIF connection, the Monitor Station V2 is perfect for both home/project and commercial studios alike.
- Inputs: The Monitor Station V2 features two pairs of balanced 1/4" TRS inputs, configured as stereo inputs, and a third Aux input section. This section has one pair of unbalanced RCA Aux inputs, with gain control, an 1/8" stereo TRS unbalanced input, that is summed with the RCA Aux inputs, and a digital S/PDIF input. A front-panel button switches between the analog and digital inputs in the Aux section.
- Outputs: With five pairs of 1/4" TRS balanced outputs, the
Monitor Station V2
provides a lot of flexibility.
- Main: The Main outputs are basically a "thru" circuit for the input sources. The output level from these will be equal to the original input source's level and can't be adjusted. These are typically used to feed an external device that needs a constant full-strength signal, such as a recorder.
- Speaker Outputs: Three pairs of balanced 1/4" TRS outputs are
provided to run to three monitoring systems, if needed. Speaker outputs
are not amplified and need to be run to an amplifier or amplified
speakers. The three speaker outputs can be configured as such:
- All 3 outputs can be active simultaneously (default).
- Only one pair at a time will play.
- The C output gets a constant level allowing A and B to be toggled on/off independently. Typical use would be for a powered subwoofer.
- Headphones: Four 1/4" TRS headphone (Cue) outputs, along the front panel, are provided for musicians to monitor their signals, with independent source and volume controls for each.
- Cue: One stereo pair of 1/4" TRS jacks output the same cue signals that are going to the headphone outputs. These can be run to an outboard headphone amp if more cue outputs are needed.
Controls: The front panel controls are divided into two sections, Main and Cue:
- Main Section:
- Main Source: Selects which inputs will be output to the Main and Speaker outputs.
- Speaker Select: Selects which of the three Speaker Outputs is active.
- Main Level Control: Adjusts the volume of the Speaker Outputs.
- Aux Input: Provides a level adjustment for the Aux input, as well as a switch that determines if the analog or digital inputs are being used in the Aux section.
- Mono: Switches the Speaker Output signal to mono, but has no effect on the Main Outputs.
- Mute: Silences the signal to the Speaker Outs, but has no effect on the Main Outputs.
- Dim: Similar to Mute, this allows different levels of attenuation to the Speaker Outputs, which can be varied with the Attenuation dial.
- Talk: Activates the built-in Talkback mic. Also, has its own level control.
- LED Input Meter: The Main input LED meter is a stereo, 8-segment, 3-color, LED that shows the level of the Main input signal. When more than one source is selected, it shows the active source's combined signal level.
- Cue Section:
- Cue Source: These three buttons select which input signal(s) are sent out the Cue headphone outputs.
- Source: Each of the four headphone outputs has a source switch which selects either the Cue inputs or the Main inputs.
- Level: Along with the Source buttons, each Cue headphone output has its own level control as well.
- Cue Output: This adjusts the level of the rear-panel Cue line outputs.
- Rear Panel:
- Speaker Output Trim A, B, and C: These adjustments fine-tune the output levels of each of the Speaker Outputs. This compensates for level variations in different monitoring amps and speakers.
- Power Switch
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.