About the Mackie CR8SXBT
Powered subwoofer with built-in Bluetooth
Powered subwoofer with built-in Bluetooth
This powered subwoofer adds solid, musical bass to your desktop studio or computer audio setup. It offers RCA and 1/4" TRS inputs and outputs for connecting to studio monitors like the matching Mackie CR3-XBT or CR4-XBT. Built-in Bluetooth lets you stream music to any connected powered speakers, which adds another layer of versatility.
The included wired desktop remote can control a system that includes the aforementioned Mackie monitors. It has separate control rings for adjusting volume levels to the monitors and subwoofer.
- 200 watts of built-in amplification
- 8" polypropylene-coated woofer
- built-in Bluetooth® for easy music streaming to your system
- brushed metal front panel and solid MDF cabinet
- frequency response: 30-250 Hz (-10dB); 40-180 Hz (-3dB)
- peak SPL: 112 dB
- wired CRDV desktop remote can control full Mackie monitor system
- separate volume control rings for monitors and subwoofer
- normal/reverse phase switch
- adjustable input and output level control
- variable crossover control
- stereo RCA and 1/4" TRS inputs
- stereo RCA and 1/4" TRS outputs
Dimensions and warranty:
- 12-5/8"W x 14"H x 16-1/4"D
- 24.5 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CR8S-XBT
What's in the box:
- 8" Powered subwoofer
- CRDV Volume control w/ attached 9.5' cable
- 76" Power cord (IEC 3-pin)
- 59" Stereo RCA to 3.5mm TRS cable
- 118" Stereo RCA cable
- Quickstart guide (Eng/Span/Fren/Ger)
- ProTools First registration card
Mackie CR8SXBT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Mackie CR8SXBT
Features & specs
|Pieces in System||1|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||---|
|Midrange size (inches)||---|
|Woofer size (inches)||---|
|Power Output (Watts)||Not give|
|Frequency Response||40-180Hz Hz|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: Featuring Mackie's signature CR Series sound, the CR8S-XBT multimedia subwoofer with Bluetooth is designed to be used in conjunction with an optional pair of powered desktop monitors, providing both RCA and 1/4" balanced/unbalanced signal inputs and outputs. The Mackie multimedia subwoofer is the perfect choice for home studios, content creators, gamers, or as an upgrade desktop speaker system.
Built-In Bluetooth 4.2: The CR8S-XBT features music streaming via Bluetooth 4.2. A convenient front-panel push-button lets easily pair your smartphone, tablet, or other Bluetooth enabled device and instantly stream music.
8" Driver: The Mackie CR8S-XBT multimedia subwoofer features an 8" polypropylene-coated woofer with rubber sound. This combination of premium drivers provides a rich and natural studio-quality sound.
Built-in Amplifier: One CR8S-XBT speaker includes a built-in 200W Peak Class D amplifier. The amp can provide clean, articulate sound and a wide frequency response of 40Hz to 180Hz.
Bass Reflex MDF Enclosure: The CR8S-XBT multimedia subwoofer employs a bass reflex enclosure with a custom-tuned down-firing port for smooth, even bass extension. The all-wood MDF cabinet with vinyl wrap, provides a natural sonic character superior to low-grade plastic designs.
Inputs & Outputs: The CR8S-XBT multimedia subwoofer is designed to be used in conjunction with a pair of powered desktop monitors such as the Mackie CR3-XBT or CR4-XBT (both sold separately). The subwoofer includes a pair of unbalanced RCA and a pair of balanced/unbalanced 1/4" jacks, for inputting either line-level or pre-amp level signals. A corresponding pair of unbalanced RCA and balanced/unbalanced 1/4" jacks provide the audio output for running to a pair of powered monitors or an amplifier driving a set of non-powered monitors (all sold separately).
Desktop Control: A convenient CRDV desktop volume control is provided for adjusting both the subwoofer's volume as well as the overall system volume. The CRDV features 2 rotating dials, the top dial adjusts the overall volume from the sub and any connected monitors. The second dial adjusts the subwoofer volume independently. A rubber suction-cup base helps hold the CRDV firmly in place while using. The desktop remote connects to the subwoofer's rear panel via a 9.5' cable terminated in a 1/4" TRS plug.
- Remote Dimensions:
- Diameter: 2.2"
- Height: 2.25"
Controls: The CR8S-XBT includes the following controls:
- Input Level: Adjusts the overall input signal level, ranging from Off to Max. A Unity setting is provided for maintaining the source's output level.
- Sub Output Level: Adjusts the volume from the subwoofer independent of any connected monitors.
- Crossover: Provides an adjustable cutoff frequency from 40Hz to 180Hz. The crossover affects both the subwoofer signal and the monitor output signals.
- Polarity: A 2-way switch allows the input signal phase to be reversed, if needed (0˚ & 180˚).
- Pairing Button: The front-panel "Running Man" emblem can be pressed, putting the subwoofer into Pairing mode.
Pro Tools First: The Mackie CR8S-XBT subwoofer includes the option to download Avid Pro Tools First professional recording software. This powerful DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) lets you create, mix, and produce music and online content. Pro Tools First offers up to 16 tracks of audio recording and editing, along with over 20+ plugins that include EQs, Compressors & Dynamics, Reverbs, Delays, and more.