12" powered subwoofer — 2,000W peak
California customers: click here for your Proposition 65 warning.Please
Item # 863DLM12S | MFR # 2037880-00
$999.99 each Earn up to 1,000 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Consult a pro audio advisor
Our VA-based experts can help.
Our take on the Mackie DLM12S by Crutchfield's Jon Paul
The DLM Series
Mackie's DLM Series powered loudspeakers deliver premium-quality sound from a compact, portable package. If you're a touring performer who needs to get maximum performance from a system that take up minimal space, Mackie's DLM line should be on your shopping list.
Big bass, small space
The Mackie DLM12S powered subwoofer doesn't have a big footprint, but it does have plenty of kick. Its ultra-efficient Class D amp delivers up to 2,000 watts to drive your bass, with all the heat dispersion technology and protection circuitry you need for reliable performance. A powerful 12" heat-treated woofer with a 3" voice coil pounds out heavy bass that thumps hard all the way down to 35Hz. A built-in digital signal processor keeps everything clear and consistent, no matter how low you go.
The built-in digital crossover helps you tune in just the right amount of bass. It's programmed with presets for Mackie's DLM and SRM Series full-range speakers, but it's also versatile enough to work with almost any other loudspeaker.
Convenience and controls
A bright OLED screen makes it easy to make adjustments in the darkest venues. And, if you visit the same venue often, you'll appreciate the instant recall feature, which allows you to call up the mix from your last appearance there with the touch of a button.
You have plenty of options when it comes to setting up your system. You'll find a pair of XLR inputs, a set of full-range outputs that you can run to a side fill monitor or another speaker, and a set of high-pass XLR outputs for connecting to any powered speaker handling your highs and mids.
Best of all, especially if you're a touring pro who moves his or her own gear, you get all this in a package that's about 20% lighter (48 lbs.) and 1/3 the size of a comparable sub.
Compact, powerful, and versatile
If you expand your system to include Mackie's DLM8 and/or DLM12 speakers, you'll still be able to fit the entire setup into most cars. You can pole-mount either speaker on a tripod or atop your DLM12S using the SPM300 speaker pole (sold separately).
You don't have to treat them like boxes of fine china, either. The rugged, roadworthy 15mm poplar cabinet is tough enough for travel, and the ergonomic top carry handle makes loading and carrying the speaker much easier. A powder-coated, 20-gauge steel grille protects the woofer from harm, and it also looks pretty cool. When you're not on the road, the clever, stackable design makes storage easy.
- powered PA subwoofer with 12" woofer and 3" voice coil
- built-in Class D amplifier with 2000 watts max power
- precision digital crossover
- DLP digital signal processor
- 3 memory locations for instant venue setting recall
- frequency response: 38-120 Hz
- programmed with presets for Mackie DLM and SRM speakers
- variable crossover control for optimization with any loudspeaker
- alignment delay up to 300ms
- Smart Protect DSP protects amp and driver
- connections: 6 XLR connections for maximum input/output flexibility
- handles mic, line, stereo and instrument signals
- can be stacked or used as a base for pole-mounting
- rugged 15mm poplar cabinet with black finish
- powder-coated 20-gauge steel grille
- dimensions: 17.9" x 16.4" x 20.8"
- weight: 48 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years on electronics, 2 years on drivers
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Powered PA subwoofer
- Owner's Manual
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|Drivers per speaker||1|
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||N/A|
|System Frequency response||38-120 Hz|
|RMS Power rating||1000|
|Program Power rating||N/A|
|Peak Power rating||2000|
|Line Inputs||2 x XLR|
Powered PA Subwoofer: The Mackie DLM12S powered PA subwoofer houses a high-power 12" heat-treate woofer with 3" voice coil powered by a 1000W RMS/2000W Peak ultra-efficient Class-D amplifier.
Rugged Enclosure: The rugged 15mm poplar cabinet is compact with a durable, powder-coated grille and integrated pole-cup.
Controls: The Mackie DLM12S powered PA subwoofer provides a variety of controls to tailor the sub to your application.
- Volume: The Volume adjust the overall signal level at the inputs to the sub's built-in amplifiers.
- Crossover: The subwoofer's crossover splits the input signal into two frequency bands. The low frequency range below 20Hz-200Hz goes to the internal amplifier that powers the subwoofer. The frequency range above 20Hz-200Hz is sent to the high-pass output jacks.
- Polarity: This switch reverses the polarity of the signal going into the subwoofer amplifier by 180-degrees. It has no affect on the signal at the outputs.
- Delay: This setting delays the audio signal for a set period of time (0ms to 300ms).
- Presets: You can save up to 3 custom presets into the subwoofer's memory for Volume, Crossover, Polarity, and Delay.
Note: A rear-panel OLED display indicates subwoofer information including volume, selected crossovers, delay settings, and other parameters.
Connections: The DLM12S powered PA subwoofer offers XLR-type connections for inputs and outputs.
- XLR Inputs: Balanced XLR female connectors are provided for the left and right inputs. Connect the full-range line-level signal from your mixer or other signal source to these input jacks. If you are connecting a single subwoofer output, or LFE (low-frequency effects) output to the subwoofer, you may use either the left or right input connector.
- High Pass Outputs: Balanced XLR male connectors are provided for the line-level left and right high-pass outputs. Typically, full-range speaakers are connected to these high-pass outputs to "split" the work with the DLM12S subwoofer. The subwoofer handles all the low frequencies and the loudspeaker handle the rest. As a result, it is more efficient and louder.
- Full-Range Outputs: Balanced XLR male connectors are provided for the line-level left and right full-range outputs. Connect the full-range outputs to the inputs of another powered subwoofer, powered loudspeakers, or to an amplifier powering passive loudspeakers. The signal at these outputs is a direct copy of the input signals. These outputs allow you to daisy-chain multiple subwoofers and/or send the full-range signals to loudspeakers.
Smart Protect technology: The subwoofer has its own transparent compression circuit, which helps protect it from damaging transient peaks. An over-excursion filter, inserted just before the low frequency amplifier, protects the woofer from bottoming-out when the low-end is driven to the maximum. Separate thermal switches activate and shut down the high and/or low frequency amplifiers until they cool down. These safeguards ensure long life and great-sounding loudspeakers you can always count on.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.