About the Mackie DRM12A
Mackie knows PA speakers
Mackie knows PA speakers
Mackie knows the pain of setting up and tearing down poorly designed equipment night after night — that's why they spend so much time designing speakers that make your job easy. They built their DRM Series DRM12A speaker to deliver powerful output at gig after gig, with incredible clarity that allows your audience to hear every note or word.
135 dB SPL
The rugged 5/8" plywood enclosure houses a high-excursion 12" speaker along with three titanium compression drivers, and its angled sides allow it to be stacked in a flown speaker array. The built-in amplifier supplies 1620 watts peak to the woofer and 380 watts peak to compression drivers so this speaker can deliver sound pressure levels up to 135 dB.
Advanced Impulse DSP
The small display and single knob on the back of the cabinet allow you to control time alignment, subwoofer crossover points, and a 3-band parametric EQ. You can also choose your array mode, for maximizing performance when using one, two, three, or four cabinets in your array. The array mode function controls the bass buildup that can develop with multiple cabinets, plus you can set your system to use a DRM Series subwoofer or any powered sub.
This versatile speaker can be powered with American or European voltage levels. Power Factor Correction technology corrects for fluctuating power, keeping voltage steady so your speaker operates at peak performance. It's like having a built-in power conditioner!
Mackie's mission is to give you the best possible sound with the least amount of hassle. This speaker's built-in processing keeps the bass tight, the midrange clear, and the high frequencies focused so the audience hears well-balanced sound that's distributed evenly across the room. The DRM12A powered speaker will rock the house for years to come.
- 2-way arrayable powered PA speaker
- 12" high-output woofer
- three 1" titanium diaphragm compression drivers
- Class D amplifier: 2000 watts peak
- biamplified with 1620 watts to woofer, 380 watts to compression drivers
- system limiting and protection
- texture-coated 5/8" plywood enclosure
- max SPL: 135 dB
- frequency response: 65-20,000 Hz (-3 dB)
- coverage: 110 ° (horizontal), 20° (vertical)
Advanced Impulse™ DSP:
- 4 array modes: 1 cab, 2 cabs, 3/4 cabs, with sub
- 3-band parametric EQ, alignment delay
- 6 user presets
- system lock with 4-digit pass code
- full-color display with single-knob control
- FIR filtering technology minimizes phase issues and midrange muddiness
- inputs: female XLR, AC (Neutrik)
- outputs: XLR, AC through (Neutrik)
- electronic crossover: 1,000 Hz at 24 dB per octave
- dual-angle pole mounting and seven M10 fly points for hanging
- one side handle for portability
- dimensions: 15.2"H x 24.7"W x 18"D
- weight: 55 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years (2 years on drivers)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DRM12A
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Mackie DRM12A
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||4|
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|System Frequency response||65-20000|
|RMS Power rating||---|
|Program Power rating||---|
|Peak Power rating||2000|