About the Mackie DRM315
When you're looking for great sound and powerful performance, Mackie has always stepped up to the plate, and their powered DRM315 PA speaker is no exception to that rule. With high output, great sound, and extensive control features, this speaker gives you all the performance you need and more.
Power and control
The DRM315 is built around a 15" woofer, a 6.5" midrange speaker, and a 1.4" high-frequency titanium pressure driver for clear, balanced full-range sound. Its Class D amplifier delivers up to 2300 watts peak power to supply all the volume you need. The DRM Control Dashboard™ is a simple, easy-to-use interface that offers single-knob control of output level and DSP functions, along with a full-color high-resolution LCD display. A Real-Time Analyzer (RTA) displays output level over 15 frequency bands to help you adjust EQ and eliminate feedback.
Advanced electronic feature set
Mackie's Advanced Impulse™ DSP module offers FIR filtering, 3-band parametric EQ, four voicing modes tuned for common applications, a 24dB/octave variable crossover, time alignment delay for multiple-speaker systems, and amplifier temperature monitoring. Six user presets help make setup simple. The DRM315's electronic protection includes over-temperature, over-excursion, and output limiting features to protect your investment. The speaker's 100-240V AC power supply includes automatic power correction for consistent performance even when the house voltage varies.
The control panel offers two XLR/1/4" combo inputs and a 3.5mm stereo input for your portable devices with independent gain controls for each channel. The combo inputs each have a dedicated XLR output jack, and the speaker also has a Mix Out XLR output so you can daisy-chain either channel output or the mix output to multiple speakers.
Strength and versatility
The DRM315's ported enclosure is constructed of heavy-duty plywood with a tough polyurea textured coating that shrugs off surface damage. A powder-coated perforated steel grille protects the speakers from impact damage. Convenient carrying handles on either side panel and the top panel make transport easy. The cabinet is configured for use as a stand-up unit or a stage monitor. Ten M10 flypoints and a pole-mount socket give you multiple options for mounting the speaker.
When you're looking for a rugged, high-performance PA speaker, Mackie's always covered all the bases, and the DRM315 extends that tradition with cutting-edge technology and a versatile control set. Whatever setting you're in, it's ready to rock the house.
- 3-way powered PA speaker
- 15" high-output woofer
- 6.5" midrange speaker
- 1.4" titanium dome compression driver
- 5/8" plywood enclosure with black textured finish
- powder-coated perforated steel grille
- bi-amplified with 2300 watts peak power: 1920 watts to woofer, 380 watts to tweeter
- maximum SPL: 137 dB
- frequency response: 39-20,000 Hz (-3 dB)
- coverage: 90° horizontal; 60° vertical
Advanced Impulse™ DSP:
- selectable speaker modes: Live, Club, Speech, Monitor
- 3-band parametric EQ, alignment delay
- 6 user presets
- system lock with 4-digit pass code
- full-color display with single-knob control
- FIR filtering technology minimizes phase issues and midrange muddiness
- 3-channel input mixer (combo XLR/TRS and 3.5mm stereo) with input and master volume controls
- individual channel outputs and mix output (XLR)
- handles 110V or 220V power
- automatic power correction corrects for varying voltage
- 35mm socket for pole mounting
- 3 carrying handles
- 7 M10 flypoints
- dimensions: 19"W x 36.5"H x 18.8"D
- weight: 68 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years (2 years on drivers)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DRM315
What's in the box:
- Powered 15" 3-way PA speaker
- AC Power cord
- Owner's manual
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Mackie DRM315
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||3|
|Woofer Size (inches)||15|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1.4|
|System Frequency response||39Hz-20kHz|
|RMS Power rating||Not given|
|Program Power rating||Not given|
|Peak Power rating||2300|
|Line Inputs||(2) XLR/1/4"|
|Tone Controls||3-Band EQ, 4 spkr modes|
Overview: The Mackie DRM315 is a professional 3-way powered loudspeaker that can deliver class-leading power via its ultra-efficient Class-D amplifiers, along with acoustic correction and time-alignment using Mackie's Advanced Impulse DSP. The DRM315 features 3 input channels - 2 XLR/1/4" combo jacks and a 1/8" (3.5mm) auxiliary input. The Mackie powered PA speaker can be floor- or pole-mounted and is equipped with M10 anchor points for suspending or "flying" the speaker. The DRM315 is an ideal choice for medium- to large-size clubs, mobile DJs, band PA systems, rehearsal spaces, A/V rentals, and more.
Advanced Impulse DSP: The DRM315 incorporates Mackie's Advanced Impulse DSP that uses precision-tuned FIR (Finite Impulse Response) filters for acoustic correction and time-alignment, producing crystal clear, punchy sound typically found only in very large touring systems. This is accomplished by measuring the negative frequency response and time domain impacts that each transducer and horn in the system introduces, both on-axis and off-axis. The Advanced Impulse DSP then reverses and corrects each anomaly before the signal hits the speaker, allowing it to output a fully corrected flat and time-aligned signal.
Amps & Drivers: With 2300W total power, the Mackie DRM315 features a 15" high-excursion woofer, powered by a 1920W low-frequency power amplifier, along with a 6.5" mid-driver and a 1.4" titanium dome compression driver powered by a 380W high-frequency amplifier. Both amps are ultra-efficient class-D type.
Cabinet: The Mackie powered PA speaker cabinet is constructed of road-worthy plywood, with internal bracing for optimal acoustic performance, and covered in a highly-durable textured coating. The three drivers are protected by a heavy-gauge, powder-coated steel grille. The DRM315 features a unique ported design that provides a smooth and punchy low-frequency response while providing cool air directly to the internal amplifiers.
Inputs & Outputs: The DRM315 features 3 input channels, along with Direct Outs and a Mix Out. Each input channel includes a rotary Gain dial for adjusting the individual signal levels.
- Input Channel 1: An XLR/1/4" combo jack; accepts balanced mic signals on the XLR and balanced/unbalanced line-level signals on the 1/4" connection.
- Input Channel 2: An XLR/1/4" combo jack; accepts balanced mic signals on the XLR and balanced/unbalanced signals on the 1/4" connection; the 1/4" jack also accepts Hi-Z instrument-level signals such as am electric guitar or bass guitar.
- Input Channel 3/4: An 1/8" jack lets you playback stereo music from a portable playback device.
- Mix Out: A male XLR output jack provides a mixed signal of all three input channels (with Channel 3/4 summed to mono) for daisy-chaining multiple DRM loudspeakers together with the same signal source.
- Direct Out: Channels 1&2 both include a male XLR connector for outputting the same signals as the corresponding input jack - without the other input channel signals mixed in.
Additional Controls & Display:
- LCD Display: A high-resolution color TFT LCD display can clearly display loudspeaker settings including Levels, EQ, Speaker Voicing Modes, and more.
- Control Knob: A push-button rotary encoder lets you scroll and select options on the corresponding LCD screen.
- Power: A rear-panel rocker switch is used to power the DRM315 On/Off.
DRM Control Dashboard: The rear-panel LCD Display and Control Knob are used for displaying and changing the configurable options in the DRM215. Six Menu options include: Main, Mode, Sub, EQ, Delay, and Config.
- Main: Displays the I/O Metering, Speaker Mode, Subwoofer HPF selection, EQ, and Delay settings. Only the Main Output Level can be adjusted on this screen.
- Speaker Mode: Lets you change the loudspeaker's voicing
to best suit the application. Four Voicing Modes are available that tailor
the sound to best suit each particular application.
- Live: This mode is flat and is designed for singer-songwriters and other live performances.
- Speech: Rolls off low frequencies while boosting mid and high frequencies critical for speech applications.
- Club: This mode is full-range, but focuses on increased bass and brilliant high frequencies. Commonly used for DJs and music playback applications.
- Monitor: This mode rolls off the low frequencies and reduces the midrange frequencies around 2kHz to ensure maximum gain before feedback in monitor applications.
- Sub: Provides two options when pairing the DRM315 with
- DRM Sub: Sets the crossover point at 90Hz, when connecting an optional Mackie DRM18S subwoofer (sold separately).
- Var: Lets you select the crossover point between 40-160Hz, when connection a subwoofer other than a Mackie DRM18S.
- EQ: A 3-band parametric EQ lets you adjust the selected
frequencies for High, Mid, and Low. In addition, you can select Flat, for no
equalization, or RTA (Real-Time Analyzer). This provides a "visual"
frequency response of the current signal via 15 level bands. The three
parametric EQ bands include:
- High: 2kHz to 20kHz (± 12dB)
- Mid: 200Hz to 2kHz (± 12dB)
- Low: 20Hz to 200Hz (± 12dB)
- Delay: Lets you time-align the sound from the DRM315 when used with multiple speakers in a system. Delay time can range from 0.0 ms (ft, m) to 100 ms (112.5 ft, 34.2 m).
- Config: Configuration options include:
- Memory: Settings can be saved and recalled in up to 6 memory presets.
- Lock PIN: Lets you lock and unlock the DRM's controls using a 4-digit PIN code (default: 1234).
- Ch.2 In: Lets you select either Lo-Z or Hi-Z for Input Channel #2. Hi-Z can be used when running instrument-level signals into the PA speaker, such as an electric guitar or bass guitar.
- Backlight: Changes the brightness of the LCD display. Options include: Off, Dim, and On.
- Front LED: Determines if the front Power LED will illuminate or not when the PA speaker is on.
- Reset: Resets all parameters back to their factory default.
- About: Displays the current information about the loudspeaker, including the model, firmware version, DSP version, and temperature.
Protections: The Mackie DRM315 incorporates multiple safety features, including:
- Limiting: A compression circuit which helps protect it from damaging transient peaks. The compressor is designed to be transparent and isn't noticeable under normal conditions.
- Over Excursion: A subsonic filter circuit prior to the power amp prevents ultra-low frequencies from being amplified, which helps keep the driver from bottoming out.
- Thermal: If the amplifier overheats, a built-in thermal switch will activate, muting the signal. After it has cooled down sufficiently, the switch will reset itself and resumes normal operation.
Mounting & Portability: The Mackie DRM315 features a 35mm pole-mount opening that lets you mount the PA speaker on a pole or tripod (both sold separately). The DRM315 can be suspended either vertically or horizontally using (at least) three of the ten M10 mounting points. The Mackie PA-A2 Eyebolt kit is an ideal option (sold separately) when suspending the speaker. The DRM315 can also be placed upright on a floor or stage. Two convenient carry-handles (one on each side) are provided for portability.
- Frequency Response (-3dB): 39Hz - 20kHz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 35Hz - 20kHz
- Horizontal Coverage Angle: 90˚
- Vertical Coverage Angle: 60˚
- Maximum SPL Peak: 137 dB
- Low Frequency Driver: 15"
- Mid Frequency Driver: 6.5"
- High Frequency Driver: 1.4" Compression driver
- Total Peak Power: 2300 Watts
- Low Frequency Amp:
- Peak Power: 1920 Watts
- THD: < 1%
- Amplifier: Class D
- High Frequency Amp:
- Peak Power: 380 Watts
- THD: < 1%
- Amplifier: Class D
- DSP: 4 Voicing modes
- (2) Combo XLR (balanced) / 1/4" (balanced/unbalanced) jacks
- (1) 1/8" Unbalanced
- Output: (1) Balanced male XLR
- Mic/Line: 8 kΩ balanced
- 1/4" TS: 1 MΩ unbalanced
- Direct & Mix Outputs: Male XLR balanced
- Direct & Mix Output Impedances: 600Ω
- Type: 24dB/octave
- Crossover Frequencies: 900Hz & 2.5kHz
- Input Power: 100 - 240VAC, 50 - 60Hz
- AC Connector: 3-pin IEC
- Power Supply: Switchmode
- Enclosure: Plywood with black textured coating
- Grille: Perforated steel with black powder-coating
- Operating Temperature: 32 - 104˚ F
- Dimensions: Width: 19.0", Height: 36.5", Depth: 18.8"
- Weight: 68 lbs.