About the Mackie MR524
Versatile powered studio monitor
Mackie MR524 powered studio monitors offer plenty of inputs and switchable filters to keep your music sounding right.
Versatile powered studio monitor
This Mackie MR524 monitor will help you create a great-sounding mix in just about any studio environment. It's bi-amplified, with 30 watts going to the 5-1/4" woofer, and 20 watts powering the 1" tweeter. A logarithmic waveguide design offers balanced, ultra-wide dispersion.
Tweak the response to suit your space
A three-position Acoustic Space switch on the back helps you match the speaker's sound to your room and your personal listening preferences. There's a high-frequency filter (-2dB, 0, +2dB) so you can further tweak performance to meet your expectations.
Making connections is easy: each speaker features a single balanced XLR, balanced 1/4" TRS, and unbalanced RCA input.
- 2-way powered studio monitor
- 5-1/4" polypropylene woofer
- 1" silk dome tweeter
- bass-reflex cabinet with rear-facing port
- bi-amplified design with 50 watts total power: 30 watts to woofer, 20 watts to tweeter
- Class A/B amplifier
- logarithmic waveguide design offers balanced, ultra-wide dispersion
- peak SPL: 102dB
- frequency response: 45-20,000 Hz
- three-position adjustable Acoustic Space filter switch
- switchable high-frequency filter (-2dB, 0, +2dB)
- connections: balanced XLR, balanced 1/4" TRS, and unbalanced RCA
- attractive all-wood cabinet
- 7-1/8"W x 11-1/8"H x 8-3/4"D
- weight: 10.2 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year parts and labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MR524
What's in the box:
- One powered monitor
- 73" Power cord (IEC 3-pin)
- 4 Adhesive foot-pads
- Quickstart guide (Eng / Span / Fren / Germ)
More details on the Mackie MR524
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||5.25"|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1"|
|Midrange Size (inches)||0|
|Full range Driver size||0|
|Built in amplifier||Y|
|RMS Power rating||50 Watts|
|Peak Power rating||100 Watts|
|Inputs||(1) 1/4" TRS|
|Parts warranty||1 Year|
|Labor warranty||1 Year|
|Maximum Peak SPL||102 dB|
Overview: The Mackie MR524 studio monitors are designed for superior mix translation and accuracy in any studio. They feature a 5.25" polypropylene woofer, for dynamic low-frequency response, and a 1" silk dome tweeter that provides a fast transient response for detailed high-end and clarity. Each driver is powered by its own Class AB amplifier with the woofer's amp providing 30 watts and the tweeter amp providing 20 watts. The all-wood enclosure with internal bracing is acoustically optimized with internal sound-absorption material, reducing distortion and enhancing the low-frequency response.
Logarithmic Waveguide: Mackie's logarithmic waveguide technology provides an ultra-wide listening sweet spot and enhanced stereo imaging for increased clarity and consistent sound over a wide area of the room. Precise acoustic alignment offers incredibly balanced sound across the entire frequency spectrum.
Acoustic Space Control: The MR524 includes two features for enhancing the speakers performance, an Acoustic Space control and a High Frequency Filter. The Acoustic Space Control setting compensates for wall- or corner-loading the speakers by changing the bass response. Three settings are available: Speakers in corners, speakers against walls, and speakers away from walls and corners. A High Frequency Filter provides either a boost or at 3 kHz to compensate for particularly dull or bright sounding rooms. Options are: -2 dB, 0 dB, +2 dB.
Inputs: The rear-panel of the MR524 includes 3 different inputs connectors, a balanced XLR jack, a balanced/unbalanced 1/4" TRS jack, and an unbalanced RCA jack.
- Frequency Response:
- -3 dB: 57 Hz - 20 kHz
- -10 dB: 45 Hz - 20 kHz
- SPL: 102 dB SPL
- Maximum SPL Per Pair: 108 dB SPL
- Low Frequency: 5.25" Polypropylene woofer
- High Frequency: 1" Silk dome tweeter with neodymium magnet
- Low Frequency Power: 30 Watts/60 watts peak, 4 Ω load
- High Frequency Power: 20 Watts/40 watts peak, 6 Ω load
- Amp Type: Monolithic IC, Class AB with DMOS power stage
- Crossover Frequency: 2 kHz
- Crossover Type: 24 dB/octave
- Input Impedance: 20 kΩ, balanced bridging / 10 kΩ unbalanced
- High Frequency EQ: +/- 2 dB @ 3 kHz
- Power Requirements: 120 V, 60 Hz
- AC Connector: IEC 3-pin
- Fuse: 115 VAC - T 1 AL / 250 V
- Power Consumption: 90 Watts with music, 10 watts idle
- Dimensions: Width - 7.063", Height - 11.250", Depth - 11.0" w/ power cord
- Weight: 10.2 lbs.