About the Mackie MR824
Versatile bi-amped studio monitor
Mackie MR824 powered studio monitors offer plenty of inputs and switchable filters to keep your music sounding right.
Versatile bi-amped studio monitor
These Mackie MR824 monitors will help you create a great-sounding mix in just about any studio environment. They're bi-amplified, with 55 watts going to the robust 8" woofer, and 30 watts powering the 1" soft-dome tweeter. A logarithmic waveguide design offers balanced, ultra-wide dispersion.
Tweak the response to suit your space
A three-position Acoustic Space switch on the back helps you match the speaker's sound to your room and your personal listening preferences. There's a high-frequency filter (-2dB, 0, +2dB) so you can further tweak performance to meet your expectations.
Making connections is easy: each speaker features a balanced XLR, balanced 1/4" TRS, and an unbalanced RCA input.
Now includes Avid's Pro Tools First DAW — an industry favorite
As of September 2019, this Mackie hardware includes powerful Pro Tools First recording software, a highly popular choice among recording artists and producers. It also now comes bundled with Avid's The Music Collection suite of 23 plugin effects. Software is redeemed using your unit's serial number.
- 2-way powered studio monitor
- 8" polypropylene woofer
- 1" silk dome tweeter
- bass-reflex cabinet with rear-facing port
- bi-amplified design with 85 watts total power: 55 watts to woofer, 30 watts to tweeter
- Class A/B amplifier
- includes Avid Pro Tools First DAW plus The Music Collection bundle of 23 plugins
- logarithmic waveguide design offers balanced, ultra-wide dispersion
- peak SPL: 107dB
- frequency response: 38-20,000 Hz
- three-position adjustable Acoustic Space filter switch
- switchable high-frequency filter (-2dB, 0, +2dB)
- connections: balanced XLR, balanced 1/4" TRS, and unbalanced RCA
- attractive all-wood cabinet
- 10-1/8"W x 15-3/4"H x 12-5/8"D
- weight: 23 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year parts and labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MR824
What's in the box:
- One powered monitor
- 73" Power cord (IEC 3-pin)
- 4 Adhesive foot-pads
- Quickstart guide (Eng / Span / Fren / Germ)
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Mackie MR824
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||8"|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1"|
|Midrange Size (inches)||0|
|Full range Driver size||0|
|Built in amplifier||Y|
|RMS Power rating||85 Watts|
|Peak Power rating||170 Watts|
|Inputs||(1) 1/4" TRS|
|Parts warranty||1 Year|
|Labor warranty||1 Year|
|Maximum Peak SPL||107 dB|
Overview: The Mackie MR824 studio monitors are designed for superior mix translation and accuracy in any studio. They feature a 8" polypropylene woofer, for dynamic low-frequency response, and a 1" silk dome tweeter that provides a fast transient response for detailed high-end and clarity. Each driver is powered by its own Class AB amplifier with the woofer's amp providing 55 watts and the tweeter amp providing 30 watts. The all-wood enclosure with internal bracing is acoustically optimized with internal sound-absorption material, reducing distortion and enhancing the low-frequency response.
Logarithmic Waveguide: Mackie's logarithmic waveguide technology provides an ultra-wide listening sweet spot and enhanced stereo imaging for increased clarity and consistent sound over a wide area of the room. Precise acoustic alignment offers incredibly balanced sound across the entire frequency spectrum.
Acoustic Space Control: The MR824 includes two features for enhancing the speakers performance, an Acoustic Space control and a High Frequency Filter. The Acoustic Space Control setting compensates for wall- or corner-loading the speakers by changing the bass response. Three settings are available: Speakers in corners, speakers against walls, and speakers away from walls and corners. A High Frequency Filter provides either a boost or at 3 kHz to compensate for particularly dull or bright sounding rooms. Options are: -2 dB, 0 dB, +2 dB.
Inputs: The rear-panel of the MR824 includes 3 different inputs connectors, a balanced XLR jack, a balanced/unbalanced 1/4" TRS jack, and an unbalanced RCA jack.
- Frequency Response:
- -3 dB: 38 Hz - 20 kHz
- -10 dB: 35 Hz - 20 kHz
- SPL: 107 dB SPL
- Maximum SPL Per Pair: 113 dB SPL
- Low Frequency: 8" Polypropylene woofer
- High Frequency: 1" Silk dome tweeter with neodymium magnet
- Low Frequency Power: 55 Watts/110 watts peak, 4 Ω load
- High Frequency Power: 30 Watts/60 watts peak, 6 Ω load
- Amp Type: Monolithic IC, Class AB with DMOS power stage
- Crossover Frequency: 1.9 kHz
- Crossover Type: 24 dB/octave
- Input Impedance: 20 kΩ, balanced bridging / 10 kΩ unbalanced
- High Frequency EQ: +/- 2 dB @ 3 kHz
- Power Requirements: 120 V, 60 Hz
- AC Connector: IEC 3-pin
- Fuse: 115 VAC - T 2 AL / 250 V
- Power Consumption: 150 Watts with music, 12 watts idle
- Dimensions: Width - 10.063", Height - 15.750", Depth - 15.0" w/ power cord
- Weight: 23.0 lbs.