About the Mackie MR824
Versatile bi-amped studio monitor
Mackie MR824 powered studio monitors offer plenty of inputs and switchable filters to keep your music sounding right.
Versatile bi-amped studio monitor
These Mackie MR824 monitors will help you create a great-sounding mix in just about any studio environment. They're bi-amplified, with 55 watts going to the robust 8" woofer, and 30 watts powering the 1" soft-dome tweeter. A logarithmic waveguide design offers balanced, ultra-wide dispersion.
Tweak the response to suit your space
A three-position Acoustic Space switch on the back helps you match the speaker's sound to your room and your personal listening preferences. There's a high-frequency filter (-2dB, 0, +2dB) so you can further tweak performance to meet your expectations.
Making connections is easy: each speaker features a balanced XLR, balanced 1/4" TRS, and an unbalanced RCA input.
- 2-way powered studio monitor
- 8" polypropylene woofer
- 1" silk dome tweeter
- bass-reflex cabinet with rear-facing port
- bi-amplified design with 85 watts total power: 55 watts to woofer, 30 watts to tweeter
- Class A/B amplifier
- logarithmic waveguide design offers balanced, ultra-wide dispersion
- peak SPL: 107dB
- frequency response: 38-20,000 Hz
- three-position adjustable Acoustic Space filter switch
- switchable high-frequency filter (-2dB, 0, +2dB)
- connections: balanced XLR, balanced 1/4" TRS, and unbalanced RCA
- attractive all-wood cabinet
- 10-1/8"W x 15-3/4"H x 12-5/8"D
- weight: 23 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year parts and labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MR824
What's in the box:
- One powered monitor
- 73" Power cord (IEC 3-pin)
- 4 Adhesive foot-pads
- Quickstart guide (Eng / Span / Fren / Germ)
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Mackie MR824
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||0|
|Full range Driver size||0|
|Built in amplifier||Y|
|RMS Power rating||85 Watts|
|Peak Power rating||170 Watts|
|Inputs||(1) 1/4" TRS|
|Parts warranty||1 Year|
|Labor warranty||1 Year|
|Maximum Peak SPL||107 dB|
Overview: The Mackie MR824 studio monitors are designed for superior mix translation and accuracy in any studio. They feature a 8" polypropylene woofer, for dynamic low-frequency response, and a 1" silk dome tweeter that provides a fast transient response for detailed high-end and clarity. Each driver is powered by its own Class AB amplifier with the woofer's amp providing 55 watts and the tweeter amp providing 30 watts. The all-wood enclosure with internal bracing is acoustically optimized with internal sound-absorption material, reducing distortion and enhancing the low-frequency response.
Logarithmic Waveguide: Mackie's logarithmic waveguide technology provides an ultra-wide listening sweet spot and enhanced stereo imaging for increased clarity and consistent sound over a wide area of the room. Precise acoustic alignment offers incredibly balanced sound across the entire frequency spectrum.
Acoustic Space Control: The MR824 includes two features for enhancing the speakers performance, an Acoustic Space control and a High Frequency Filter. The Acoustic Space Control setting compensates for wall- or corner-loading the speakers by changing the bass response. Three settings are available: Speakers in corners, speakers against walls, and speakers away from walls and corners. A High Frequency Filter provides either a boost or at 3 kHz to compensate for particularly dull or bright sounding rooms. Options are: -2 dB, 0 dB, +2 dB.
Inputs: The rear-panel of the MR824 includes 3 different inputs connectors, a balanced XLR jack, a balanced/unbalanced 1/4" TRS jack, and an unbalanced RCA jack.
- Frequency Response:
- -3 dB: 38 Hz - 20 kHz
- -10 dB: 35 Hz - 20 kHz
- SPL: 107 dB SPL
- Maximum SPL Per Pair: 113 dB SPL
- Low Frequency: 8" Polypropylene woofer
- High Frequency: 1" Silk dome tweeter with neodymium magnet
- Low Frequency Power: 55 Watts/110 watts peak, 4 Ω load
- High Frequency Power: 30 Watts/60 watts peak, 6 Ω load
- Amp Type: Monolithic IC, Class AB with DMOS power stage
- Crossover Frequency: 1.9 kHz
- Crossover Type: 24 dB/octave
- Input Impedance: 20 kΩ, balanced bridging / 10 kΩ unbalanced
- High Frequency EQ: +/- 2 dB @ 3 kHz
- Power Requirements: 120 V, 60 Hz
- AC Connector: IEC 3-pin
- Fuse: 115 VAC - T 2 AL / 250 V
- Power Consumption: 150 Watts with music, 12 watts idle
- Dimensions: Width - 10.063", Height - 15.750", Depth - 15.0" w/ power cord
- Weight: 23.0 lbs.