About the Mackie Onyx12
Old school meets new school
Old school meets new school
Mackie's Onyx12 mixing console gives you the classic sound and usability of an analog board combined with powerful digital processing and multitrack recording capability. The fun starts with Mackie's acclaimed Onyx mic preamps offering up to 60 dB of gain and ultra-low noise. The party continues with a 3-band EQ designed by veteran Mackie engineer Cal Perkins, which offers a sweepable midrange and a natural sound that calls to mind the great British boards of the 60s and 70s. Mackie's GigFX processor offers 24 effects, including reverb, chorus, delay, and a dedicated effects EQ. You can also do high-resolution multi-track recording on your Mac or PC through the USB connection, or stereo recording and playback to an SD card. That's versatility.
The Studio Command center features a full-color display screen and buttons that make it easy to navigate the extensive effects parameters, as well as storing up to 6 user presets for easy recall. The screen also controls recording and playback on an SD card. You can browse through the different songs you're recording, then use dedicated, backlit physical buttons for "Previous," "Next," "Record," and "Play/Pause."
Since the mixer doubles as an audio interface, you can connect the board's USB port to your Mac or PC to get full multitrack recording capability with your digital work station at up to 24-bit / 96kHz. The mixer includes software bundles from Pro Tools® and Waveform™ to get the ball rolling.
Ready for action
Mackie knows the real world can be a cruel place for transporting and using electronics, so they build the Onyx12 in a heavy-duty steel chassis, with indented grips on each side to reduce the chance of an accident. Highly visible buttons and controls make your job easier, while backlit Mute and Solo buttons give you visual confirmation in the dark. Built-in Bluetooth® allows you to stream music from a portable device into your system. With a host of inputs and outputs and intuitive controls, Mackie's Onyx12 console is ready to work for you, whether it's a recording date, a live club gig, or a church service.
- 12-channel analog mixer
- inputs: 4 mic/mono line inputs, 4 mic/stereo line inputs, and 1 stereo line input
- USB port and SD card slot
- outputs: Right and Left XLR and 1/4" Main outs, R and L Control Room outs, Mon 1 and Mon 2
- Onyx mic preamps provide up to 60dB of gain
- USB I/O with DAW software included
- Mackie GigFX processor with 24 effects (reverb, chorus, delay, etc.)
- Bluetooth music streaming
- Hi-Z switches on Channels 1 and 2 allow direct connection of guitars, basses, and other instruments
- gain control, pan, and low-cut filter on every channel
- Perkins "British style" 3-band EQ with sweepable midrange
- 2 auxiliary sends and an effects send on each channel
- mute switch and PFL (pre-fader listen) solo button on every channel
- switchable phantom power (+48 volts) for all mic inputs
- clip light on channels 1-14
- multitrack recording via USB: 14 x 4 on Mac/PC (96 kHz/24-bit)
- music production software included
- Pro Tools First DAW plus The Musician Collection of plug-in effects
- Waveform OEM DAW plus The DAW Essentials Collection of plug-in effects
- recording and playback with SD card or USB drive
- LED output meter with peak indicator
- headphone and control room outputs
- steel chassis
- dimensions: 14.8"W x 14"W x 5.4"H
- weight: 12.7 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ONYX12
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Mackie Onyx12