About the Mackie Onyx Producer 2·2™
The hub for your simple home studio
The hub for your simple home studio
Mackie's compact Onyx Producer 2·2 gives you pristine audio pathways into and out of your computer, opening the doorway to digital home recording. It comes with a pair of acclaimed Onyx mic preamps, perfect for capturing dynamic sound from two separate mics at the same time. You can also connect guitars, basses, or keyboards — whatever you need for your home studio projects.
Plug your headphones of choice into the front-panel input to hear what you're doing. Or hook up a pair of studio monitors to the 1/4" outputs on the back. Use the front-panel mix control to blend zero-latency dry analog signals with effects coming back from your DAW (digital audio workstation) software. MIDI in/out jacks let you hook up a compatible synthesizer or controller.
The Onyx Producer 2·2 works with all major DAW (digital audio workstation) software for the Mac and Windows® platforms. To get you started, it comes bundled with a powerful DAW called Waveform OEM, along with a range of audio effect plugins.
Now includes Avid's Pro Tools First DAW — an industry favorite
As of September 2019, this Mackie hardware includes powerful Pro Tools First recording software, a highly popular choice among recording artists and producers. It also now comes bundled with Avid's The Music Collection suite of 23 plugin effects. Software is redeemed using your unit's serial number.
- computer audio interface with 2 input and 2 output channels
- 2 high-performance Mackie Onyx™ mic preamps
- "high-Z" button on each input for plugging in electric guitars and basses
- mix knob blends zero-latency dry analog signals with effects from your DAW software
- bundled software includes Avid Pro Tools First DAW plus The Music Collection bundle of 23 plugins
- also includes Waveform OEM DAW and effects plugins
- compatible with all major DAWs for Mac® and Windows®
- supports sample rates up to 192kHz
- +48V phantom power for use with condenser mics
- rugged Built-Like-A-Tank™ construction
- powered by your computer via USB (cable included)
- 2 front-panel XLR/TRS mic/line/instrument inputs for use with microphones, electric guitars and basses, and other instruments
- 5-pin MIDI input/output for use with an external MIDI controller
- stereo 1/4" TRS outputs for connecting studio monitors
- 1/4" headphone output
- USB 2.0 port for connection to a computer
Dimensions & Warranty:
- 7-7/16"W x 2"H x 4-1/2"D
- 1.4 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ONYX PRODUCER 2.2
What's in the box:
- USB Interface
- 58" USB cable (Type-A on one end
- type-B on other
- Quickstart guide (Eng / Span / Fren / Germ)
- Tracktion software license code sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Mackie Onyx Producer 2·2™
Overview: The Mackie Producer 2*2 is a 2-in/2-out USB interface featuring Mackie's Onyx mic preamps for studio-quality fidelity and dynamic range, maximum headroom, and ultra-low noise. Onyx preamps were designed to capture the warmth and accuracy in everything from vocals to guitars with 24-Bit/192 kHz resolution. Both inputs are comprised of an XLR/TRS combo jack that can accept mic, line, and instrument level signals and include a Hi-Z switch each for instrument level. Incorporating Mackie's "Built Like A Tank" construction, the Producer 2*2 is ready for the most demanding jobs and live use.
Zero-Latency: The Producer 2*2 features a true analog monitoring path directly from the preamps to the Line and Headphone outputs. This allows you to listen in either mono or stereo to the direct analog source with zero routing while tracking. This means your computer's buffer settings can be adjusted to maximize its processing ability.
USB: The Producer 2*2 features USB 2.0 connectivity for fast data transfer and minimal latency and is bus powered from the host computer, eliminating the need for an external power supply. The interface is compatible with both Mac (Core Audio) and PC (ASIO).
MIDI: The rear panel of the interface includes a 5-pin MIDI IN and MIDI OUT port for integration and control of outboard synths, sequencers, controllers, and other MIDI gear.
Tracktion: With the purchase of a Producer 2*2, Mackie offers a free, downloadable copy of Tracktion T7 DAW software. This is a full-featured DAW with a plethora of creative tools including unlimited track count and compatibility with all popular plugins. Also included is the DAW Essentials Collection, comprised of 16 contemporary FX plug-ins that can be used with any DAW. These plugins utilize the very latest algorithms and coding techniques to deliver extraordinary sound quality. Tracktion is compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux operating systems.
Front Panel: Both inputs on the the Producer 2*2 include a combo XLR/1/4" TRS jack that accepts mic, line, and instrument level signals, a Hi-Z switch for instrument level signals, a Gain control, and an LED signal indicator. This will light green when a signal is present on that channel and go red if the signal starts to overload. The Monitor section includes a master level control, a Mix knob that adjusts the level of both inputs and DAW playback going to the Line Outs and Headphones with zero-latency. A +48V phantom power button can be activated for both input channels, and a 1/4" stereo headphone jack with its own level control is provided. A USB LED will illuminate green when successfully connected to a computer via the rear USB port, and a MIDI LED lights green when receiving data on the MIDI IN jack.
Rear Panel: Includes the USB type-B port for connection to a computer DAW, standard 5-pin MIDI IN and OUT ports, and a set of Left/Right 1/4" Line Outputs for running to powered studio monitors or an amp driving passive speakers. The Line Output jacks can accept a balanced (TRS connector) or unbalanced (TS connector) connection. The rear panel also includes a security slot designed to fit a Kensington security lock.
- Frequency Response (minimum gain, +4 dBu / -6 dBFS input):
- All Inputs: +/- 0.5 dB, 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- All Outputs: +/- 0.5 dB, 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Noise Characteristics (RMS, 10 Hz - 22 kHz):
- Mic Inputs: < -100 dBFS
- Line Inputs: < -100 dBFS
- Instrument Inputs: < -100 dBFS
- Line Outputs, balanced: < -85 dBu
- Headphone Output: < -75 dBu
- THD (+4 dBu / -6 dBFS, 1 kHz input, minimum gain):
- Mic Input: < 0.001%
- Line Input: < 0.005%
- Instrument Input: < 0.005%
- Line Outputs, balanced: < 0.001%
- Headphone Output: < 0.002%
- Maximum Levels (0 dBFS, 1 kHz):
- Mic Input (gain at min.): +11 dBu
- Line Input (gain at min.): +24 dBu
- Instrument Input (gain at min.): +24 dBu
- Line Output (vol. at max.): +10 dBu
- Headphone Output (vol. at max.): +10 dBu
- Female XLR (bal. / unbal.): 2
- Female 1/4" (bal. / unbal.): 2
- MIDI: 5-pin, IN
- Female 1/4" (bal. / unbal.): Left and Right
- MIDI: 5-pin, OUT
- USB: Type-B, 2.0, 24-Bit / 192 kHz
- Power Requirements: High-power USB device (5V, up to 500 mA)
- Dimensions: Width - 7.313", Height - 1.938", Depth - 6.0" (w/ USB cord)
- Weight: 1.4 lbs.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?