About the Mackie ProFX12v3
Get the perfect mix for stage or studio
Get the perfect mix for stage or studio
Mackie's ProFX12v3 12-channel mixer comes packed with all the input and output features you need for live sound production, along with onboard effects that allow you to retire that outboard gear and still be able to add some space and nuance to a mix. In addition, this mixer features stereo digital inputs and outputs and comes with a software package that includes two DAWs and two collections of effects plug-ins, so the board will also work quite well in a recording studio.
High-quality mic preamps
The ProFX12v3 uses seven of Mackie's Onyx™ microphone preamps, each virtually noise-free with up to 60 dB of gain. Each mic input also includes a switchable low-cut filter to help remove the unwanted rumble and bleed of a live stage mix.
Mackie's GigFX™ effects processor includes 24 performance-tested reverb, delay, and chorus effects to color the sound just the way you like it. You can plug in an optional footswitch so a player could activate or defeat an effect from the stage. The ProFX12v3 also includes one-knob audio compressors on four channels, to smooth out inconsistent dynamics.
Digital recording software
The USB port supports 24-bit 192K input and output connections to your computer. Mackie includes two suites of musical production software with this mixer.
- Pro Tools® First DAW plus The Musician Collection of plug-in effects
- Waveform™ OEM DAW plus The DAW Essentials Collection™ of plug-in effects
- channels 1-2:
- mono mic/line inputs (Combo XLR/TRS)
- HiZ switch for direct instrument connection
- channels 3-4:
- mono mic/line inputs (XLR and 1/4" TRS)
- channels 5/6-9/10:
- mono mic and stereo line inputs (XLR and 1/4" TRS)
- channel 11/12:
- stereo line (1/8" TRS) or USB input
- 3-band EQ on all channels
- switchable phantom power (+48 volts) for all mic inputs
- switchable low-cut filter (100 Hz, 18 dB/octave) on all mic channels
- insertion (I/O) jack on channels 1-4 for outboard gear
- one-knob audio compressor on channels 1-4
- clip light on channels 1-10
- mute switch, and PFL (pre-fader listen) solo button on every channel
- 2 auxiliary sends
- Mon: pre-fader
- FX: post-fader bus to effects processor and FX send
- 2 subgroups with direct outputs
- Mackie Onyx microphone preamps
- Mackie GigFX processor with 24 effects (reverb, chorus, delay, etc.)
- music production software included
- Pro Tools First DAW plus The Musician Collection of plug-in effects
- Waveform OEM DAW plus The DAW Essentials Collection of plug-in effects
- USB interface: 2-channel out, 4-channel in (24-bit, 192 kHz)
- LED output meter with peak indicator
- headphone and control room outputs
- steel chassis
- dimensions: 13"W x 3-1/2"H x 17-3/4"D
- weight: 7.9 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PROFX12V3
What's in the box:
- 12-Channel mixer
- 59" Power cable (IEC 3-pin)
- 76" USB cable (type-A to type-B / 2.0)
- Quickstart guide
- Pro-Tools download card
- Waveform OEM download card/license code
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Mackie ProFX12v3
Features & specs
|Line inputs||(10) 1/4" TRS|
|Monitors||(1) 1/4" TRS|
Overview: The Mackie ProFX12v3 is a professional 12-channel compact mixer with 7 Onyx mic preamps and a USB interface. The Mackie ProFXv3 series mixers includes a new GigFX effects engine that instantly delivers your choice of 24 effects. In addition, the ProFX12v3 also features 60mm faders on all channel strips, 3-band equalization for each input, and single-knob compression for channels 1-4. The mixer's "Built-Like-A-Tank" design features a solid steel chassis with rugged ABS side panels. The Mackie mixer also includes ProTools/First and Waveform OEM professional software and plugin packages (via free download).
Applications: The Mackie ProFX12v2 is great for Live sound mixing, houses of worship, clubs, gyms, banquet halls, conference and board rooms, studio and field recording, video post-production, multimedia applications, broadcast, and many more.
Main Inputs: The ProFX12v3 offers the following main inputs:
- Onyx Mic Preamps (Ch. 1-4, 5/6, 7/8, 9/10): Mackie's Onyx microphone preamps offer up to 60dB of gain and ultra-low noise performance. Channels 1-2 are equipped with female XLR/1/4" combo jacks while stereo channels 5/6, 7/8, and 9/10 feature standard female XLR sockets, all accepting balanced mic or line level inputs from almost any type of source. The mic inputs feature 48-volt phantom power from a single 2-way switch.
- Mono Line Inputs (Ch. 1-4): Channels 1&2 have the aforementioned combo jacks while Channels 3&4 have 1/4" jacks, each accepting line level signals from balanced or unbalanced sources.
- Line/Hi-Z Input (Ch. 1&2): Channels 1&2 feature a Line/Hi-Z switch that allows you to connect a guitar to either 1/4" input without a DI box. With the switch pressed in, the input impedance is optimized for a direct connection. In the out position, that corresponding 1/4" input becomes a line input.
- Stereo Line Inputs (Ch. 5/6, 7/8, 9/10): These 3 stereo Channels feature pairs of 1/4" jacks that can accept stereo or mono balanced or unbalanced sources. They may be used with just about any professional or semi-pro instrument, effect, or tape player. If you are connecting a mono source, you should use the left (mono) input, and the mono signals will appear on both sides of the main mix. The Gain for each pair of stereo line inputs is adjusted with a single potentiometer.
- 1/8" Stereo (Ch. 11/12): This uses a single 1/8" stereo input for use with a portable player, smartphone, or tablet.
- USB: A front-panel USB 3-4 switch on channel strip 11/12 lets you override the 1/8" audio input with the rear-panel USB input, letting you mix audio from a computer. This signal can be EQ'd, sent to Aux outputs, and is routable to the Mains or Subgroups.
- Inserts: Channels 1, 2, 3, and 4, feature a single 1/4" TRS insert jack for connecting serial effects processors, such as compressors, equalizers, de-essers, or filters. The signal can go out of the insert jack to the external device, be processed, and return on the same insert jack. (The insert cable must be wired as follows: Tip=Send, Ring=Return, Sleeve=Common Ground.)
Gain: Each input channel has a Gain control that lets you adjust the input sensitivity. The Gain controls feature a "U" symbol to indicate "Unity Gain," or no change in the signal level. Level Set LEDs are provided to let you know if any of the channels are distorting.
- Line Inputs: For line-level signals, you can adjust the input sensitivity between -20dB and +40dB.
- Mic Inputs: For mic signals (from the XLR connectors), the range of adjustment is 0dB to +60dB.
- 1/8": On the stereo channel 11/12 input, the range of gain control is -20dB to +20dB, with no Level Set LEDs or Low-Cut Switch.
Low Cut: A Low Cut switch on channels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5/6, 7/8, and 9/10 cuts bass frequencies below 100 Hz at a slope of 18dB per octave.
Compression: Input Channels 1-4 feature built-in compression that can be independently added via 4 rotary Compression controls (range: Off-Max). Compression can squeeze or "compress" an audio signal to decrease the dynamic range between the loudest and quietest signals. The Mackie mixer's Compressor is set at a fixed ratio of 6:1, meaning for every 6dB of input signal past the Threshold, only 1dB will be allowed to pass. Turning the knob clockwise decreases the Threshold level. At the Max setting, the Threshold is set at 0dB.
3-Band Equalization: Each of the inputs has 3-band equalization, with "low shelving" at 80Hz, peaking mids at 2.5kHz, and "high shelving" at 12kHz. Shelving means the circuitry boosts or cuts all frequencies past the specified frequency. EQ controls are provided for mono Channels 1, 2, 3, 4, and stereo Channels 5/6, 7/8, 9/10, and 11/12, providing 15dB of boost or cut at 80Hz, 2.5kHz, and 12kHz. The "U" symbol indicates the center position (Unity Gain) where there is no change in the signal level.
Aux Sends: The ProFX12v3 features an Aux Monitor and Aux FX Send for each channel strip:
- Aux Monitor Send: A single 1/4" TRS output lets you send signals from any of the channel strips to external monitors, allowing the musician to hear themselves clearly on stage. The monitor mix may be carefully adjusted in level using the Aux Mon controls on each of the channels. The controls are off when fully turned down (∞), unity gain (no change in level) at the center detent, and providing up to 10dB of gain when fully turned up.
- FX Send: The Aux FX knobs tap a portion of each channel's signal to provide an FX mix feeding the internal FX processor, and to feed an external FX processor via the FX Send 1/4" connector. The controls are off when fully turned down (∞), unity gain (no change in level) at the center detent, and providing up to 10dB of gain when fully turned up. Effects are added to the main mix by increasing the level of the "FX to Main" fader. You can also add FX to the monitor mix by adjusting the "FX to Mon" knob.
- FX Footswitch: A 1/4" TRS connector is provided for connecting a one-button, on/off footswitch to mute or un-mute the internal effects.
Pan: The ProFX12v3 allows you to adjust how much of the channel signal is sent to the left or right outputs. When the knob is rotated fully left, the signal feeds the main left output. With the knob panned hard right, the signal feeds the main right output. The pan/balance control has a Constant Loudness design which increases or decreases the signal when panning to maintain the same apparent loudness. For stereo Channels 5/6, 7/8, 9/10 and 11/12 the Pan control acts as a Balance control. Similar to panning, balance increases or decreases the signal amount for either of the two channels in the stereo field.
Mute: Each channel strip includes a Mute button to silence signals on that Channel. This will also mute signals going out the Aux sends, as well as any channel assignment to the Main mix or Subgroup. The Mute buttons will illuminate while engaged.
Faders: The ProFX12v3 features a 60mm linear fader for each Channel strip. The faders include "U" (unity), for no change in the signal, and can provide up to 10dB of additional signal gain if needed.
- Channel Assignment: Two push-buttons next to each fader determine
where that Channel's signal is sent;
- 1-2: Signal is routed to Subgroup 1-2.
- L-R: Signal is routed to the Main output.
- PFL/Solo: When this button is engaged, it will replace all previous audio sent to the Control Room and Headphone outputs. Signal levels are then adjusted by the individual Control Room and Headphone controls. The Solo signal is also PFL, or Pre-Fade Listen, meaning the signal is not affected by the position of the Channel Fader or the Mute switch.
- Main: Two balanced XLR and two balanced/unbalanced 1/4" jacks are provided for the Main Output signal. Both outputs are adjusted by the Main fader and provide a line-level signal for running to an outboard amplifier or powered speakers.
- Mon Send: A 1/4" TRS jack (bal/unbal) provides a mix of all Channel signals that are using their Aux Monitor controls to tap into the signal. This can be used to provide signals to stage monitors and is unaffected by the Main mix fader (pre-fade).
- FX Send: A 1/4" TRS jack (bal/unbal) outputs the same signals
that are sent to the internal FX processor when a Channel's FX send is
turned up. This can be used for running signals through outboard effects
- Note: The processed signal from an effects unit must be returned on a spare channel, as no return jacks are provided.
- Control Room: Left/Right 1/4" TRS jacks (bal/unbal) are provided for sending signals to a control room amplifier or a headphone distribution amplifier. These allow all signals to be heard, including any Solo'd Channels, and are not affected by the Fader positions. A corresponding rotary Control Room dial adjusts the output level.
- Sub Out (1-2): Two 1/4" TRS jacks (bal/unbal) can output signals assigned to Subgroup Channels 1-2. Commonly used for running to a multi-track recorder or to secondary amplifiers.
- Phones: A 1/4" TRS headphone output provides the same signals as the Control Room outputs. A corresponding rotary Phones dial adjusts the Headphone output.
- Foot Switch: A 1/4" TRS jack can be used for quickly muting/un-muting the internal FX with an optional one-button on/off footswitch.
Main/Sub1-2/FX Faders: Three additional 60mm faders are provided for the following:
- Main Mix: A single stereo fader adjusts the output levels of the
main mix signals sent to the XLR and 1/4" Main output jacks. A corresponding
Break button, with LED indicator, can be used to quickly mute all signals
going to the Main, Control Room, and Headphone outputs.
- Main Meters: A pair of 12-segment LEDs display the Main Output level, ranging from -30 to 15. LEDs from -30 to 3 light green, while LEDs from 6 to 15 light yellow, indicating the signal level is near clipping. Red Clip LEDs will light if the signal does start to clip.
- Rude Solo: A large red LED will flash when one or more of the Solo switches are engaged.
- Sub 1-2: A single stereo fader adjust the output levels of all Channel signals assigned to Subgroup 1-2. Signals can be routed to the Sub Out 1-2 1/4" output jacks as well as to the Main Mix output via the corresponding L-R push-button.
- FX: A single stereo fader adjusts the amount of mixed signal from each Channel's FX send going to the Main Mix output. Includes a corresponding 1-2 push-button for adding FX to Subgroup 1-2.
- Blend: A rotary knob adjusts the amount of blended signal from all Input Channels and the USB 1-2 return input. Fully left provides just the Input Channel signal, center provides a 50/50 blend, and fully right provides just the USB 1-2 signals. This lets you blend between monitoring your computer's output and the feed from the mixer, with zero latency. A corresponding To Phones/Control Room button allow the blended signal to be sent to the CR and HP outputs.
- Aux Master: A rotary control adjusts the mixed Aux amount from each Channel sent to the Mon Send jack.
- FX To Mon: This rotary control adjusts how much of the FX signal is routed to Mon Send jack. Used for adding effects to the Monitor Send output.
- 48V: Activates +48V of phantom power to all of the XLR input jacks. A corresponding red LED lights when activated.
GigFX: The Mackie ProFX12v3 includes 24 high-quality FX (effects) built-in for easy selection and use. A Preset rotary knob with corresponding LED display let you quickly cycle through each Preset, while pressing the rotary knob selects the Preset number that's displayed. A list of all FX Presets are silk-screened on the front panel, along with an Effects Mute switch for quickly muting the selected FX. A corresponding LED lights when the switch is in use. An optional footswitch can be used to quickly mute/un-mute the selected FX. Effects include the following:
|12||Delay + Reverb|
|15||Delay 1 (Fast)|
|16||Delay 2 (Medium)|
|17||Delay 3 (Slow)|
USB: A rear-panel USB type-B (2.0) is provided for connection to a computer DAW (Digital Audio Workstation), providing a 2x4 I/O, along with 24-Bit/192kHz recording resolution. The 2x4 USB I/O lets you record a stereo signal to the computer and return up to 2 stereo playback streams from the computer. This lets you monitor specific tracks during playback in addition to the full mix.
Included Software Bundle: The ProFX12v3 comes with a powerful software bundle that provides everything you need to record, mix, and master your next project. This software package includes:
Pro Tools/First Software: Avid Pro Tools is the industry standard for audio recording and editing software. The Mackie ProFX12v3 includes Pro Tools/First, Avid's entry-level version of their powerful software. Even as "entry-level" software, Pro Tools/First is packed with important features for recording and editing your music.
Up to 16 audio tracks
Session Templates: Various session templates are provided to help you get started quickly. Templates for rock, pop, electronica, hip-hop, and jazz can cover a wide range of music styles, each including preloaded virtual instruments. You can also build tracks from scratch and save your track settings as presets.
Editing: Featuring Pro Tool's world-class editing tools, the Pro Tools/First software lets you click-and-drag MIDI notes, change tempo, edit pitch and timing, correct mistakes, and much more.
UVI Workstation 3: This is a powerful sample player and multitimbral instrument that makes it easy and fun to create unique sounds. It also includes Xpand!2 virtual instrument pack, offering a wide range of sounds, from beats and loops to orchestral instruments, and more.
Soundbase: Includes over 3GB of high-quality loops, samples, and sound content created by leading producers.
Effects & Utility Plugins: Pro Tools/First comes with 23 effects and utility plugins to help shape sounds, warm up tones, and give tracks greater presence. Plugins range from EQ and Dynamics to Reverb and Delays. Additional plugins can be purchased through Avid.
Cloud Storage: Pro Tools/First includes Avid's free introductory cloud storage, letting you save, sync, and share up to three projects.
Windows: 10 (Build 1809)
MacOS: Sierra (10.12.6), High Sierra (10.13.6), Mojave (10.14.4 or 10.14.5)
Mackie Musician Collection: This features 23 exclusive Mackie plug-ins, including multiple Compressors, Reverbs, and Delays, along with Fuzz, Flanger, Distortion, Phaser, Roto Speaker, and more.
Waveform OEM: Waveform OEM is a multi-award winning DAW featuring powerful tools for modern musicians. Key features include unlimited track count, compatibility with all popular plug-ins, and efficient performance on Mac, Windows, and Linux operating systems:
Windows: 7/8/10 (32/64-bit)
MacOS: 10.9 or later (32/64-bit)
Linux: Ubuntu 16.04 (64-bit)
DAW Essentials Collection: Includes 16 contemporary FX plug-ins that can be used with any DAW. These effects plug-ins utilize the very latest algorithms and coding techniques, providing exceptional sound quality in an extremely efficient package. FX include: Equaliser, Compressor, Delays, Limiter, Gate/Expander, Crusher, and more.