About the Mackie ProFX4v2
Experience helps build a better mixer
Experience helps build a better mixer
Mackie brings over forty years of experience to the design table with the latest upgrade of their popular ProFX Series mixers. The ProFX4v2 4-channel mixer comes packed with the input and output features you need for live sound production, along with onboard effects that allow you to retire that outboard gear and still be able to add some space and nuance to a mix.
Low-noise mic preamps
The ProFX4v2 uses two Mackie Vita™ microphone preamps, each featuring a virtually noiseless Class A design, made specifically for live sound. Each mic input also features a low-cut filter to help remove the unwanted rumble and bleed of a live stage mix.
Mackie's ReadyFX™ effects processor includes 16 performance-tested reverb, delay, and chorus effects to color the sound just the way you like it. You can assign a 5-band graphic equalizer to either the main stereo mix or the monitor mix, so you'll have control over the front-of-house tone or any feedback issues in your monitor mix.
- channels 1-2:
- mono mic/line inputs (XLR and 1/4" TRS)
- switchable high-pass filter (100 Hz, 18 dB/octave)
- ch 1 has selectable HI-Z input for instruments
- channels 3/4
- stereo line inputs (1/4" TRS)
- switchable phantom power (+48 volts) on all mic inputs
- 2-band EQ on all channels
- high: 12,000 Hz (shelving)
- low: 80 Hz (shelving)
- Mackie Vita™ Class A microphone preamps
- ReadyFX™ effects processor with 16 effects (reverb, chorus, delay)
- Left/Right main outputs (1/4" TRS)
- 2 auxiliary sends
- Mon: pre-fader
- FX: post-fader bus to effects processor and effects send
- 5-band stereo graphic EQ on main mix or Monitor output
- LED output meter with peak indicator
- headphone output
- unbalanced stereo Tape (RCA) inputs and outputs
- steel chassis
- dimensions: 8-3/4"W x 3"H x 10-1/8"D
- weight: 3.2 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 2044600-00
What's in the box:
- 4-channel Mixer
- AC adapter with attached 5' DC output cord (DC output: 12V 2000mA)
- Quick Start Guide
- Software license card
Mackie ProFX4v2 reviews
Perfect choice to replace our old HS baseball stadium audio system. Gives us multiple options for connecting music sources and controlling music and mic volumes independently. Playing walk up music, btwn inning music and announcements a breeze.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Substantial improvement of sound quality from vocal mike,Lyric mike in D28, and electric kazoo (transducer works for harmonica too) Low output required for main feed produces no extraneous noise. Well worth the money.
Pros: Easy to see and adjust,sounds great,set it and forget it
Cons: Awkward to change effects quickly ,a must to use send feature to stomp box
3 of 3 found this helpful
More details on the Mackie ProFX4v2
Features & specs
|Line inputs||4 x 1/4"|
|Monitors||1 x 1/4"|
Overview: The Mackie ProFX4v2 is a professional 4-channel compact mixer with two mic preamps. The Mackie ProFXv2 series mixers includes a new ReadyFX effects engine that instantly delivers your choice of 16 effects. In addition, the ProFX4v2 offers 2-band equalization for each input, and a stereo 5-band Graphic EQ for the main or monitor mix. The mixer features a solid steel chassis, with rugged ABS side panels. It is powered by a 12-volt power supply (supplied). Included with the mixer is easy-to-use Tracktion recording software (via free download).
Main Inputs: The ProFX4v2 offers the following main inputs:
- Vita Mic Preamps (Ch. 1-2): Mackie's all-new Vita microphone preamps are designed for live sound with higher fidelity and tremendous headroom. Both channels 1 and 2 are equipped with female XLR connectors that will accept balanced mics or line level inputs from almost any type of source. Both mic inputs feature 48-volt phantom power from a single 2-way switch.
- Mono Line Inputs (Ch. 1-2): In addition to female XLRs, both channel 1 and 2 inputs have 1/4" jacks that will accept line level signals from balanced or unbalanced sources. These 1/4" jacks share circuitry, but not phantom power with the mic preamps.
- Line/Hi-Z Input (Ch. 1 only): The channel 1 1/4" input features a Line/Hi-Z switch that allows you to connect a guitar to the input without a DI box. With the switch pressed in, the input impedance is optimized for direct connection. In the out position, channel 1's 1/4" input becomes a line input like channel 2.
- Stereo Line Inputs (Ch. 3-4): This pair of 1/4" jacks may be driven by stereo or mono balanced or unbalanced sources. They may be used with just about any professional or semi-pro instrument, effect, or tape player. If you are connecting a mono source, you should use the left (mono) input, and the mono signals will appear on both sides of the main mix. The level for the stereo line inputs is adjusted with a single potentiometer.
Setting Gain: Each input channel has a gain knob that lets you adjust the input sensitivity. Nearly every level control on the mixer features a "U" symbol to indicate "Unity Gain," or no change in the signal level. For line-level signals, you can adjust the input sensitivity between -20dB and +30dB. For mic signals (from the XLR connectors), the range of adjustment is 0dB to +50dB. Level Set LEDs are provided to let you know if any of the channels are distorting. A low-cut switch on the mono channels cuts bass frequencies below 100 Hz at a slope of 18dB per octave. On the stereo channels (3&4), the range of gain control is -20dB to +20dB, with no Level Set LEDs or Low-Cut Switch.
2-Band Equalization: Each of the inputs has 2-band equalization, with "low shelving" at 80Hz and "high shelving" at 12kHz. Shelving means the circuitry boosts or cuts all frequencies past the specified frequency. EQ knobs are provided for Channel 1, Channel 2, and Channels 3/4 together, and provide 15dB of boost or cut at 80Hz and 12kHz. The "U" symbol indicates the center position (Unity Gain) where there is no change in the signal level.
Tape In/Out: The ProFX4v2 offers both Tape Inputs and Outputs. The stereo unbalanced RCA inputs allows you to connect a CD or MP3 player or other line-level source. The level of the input signal can be controlled with a separate Tape Level knob. The stereo unbalanced RCA outputs let you record the main stereo mix onto a hard disk recorder or automatic CD burner.
Main Meters: The mixer's main peak meters include two columns of 12 LEDs, with three colors to indicate signal level ranges: green (-30dB to +3dB), yellow (+6 to +15), and red (+20 OL).
Main & Headphone Outputs: The ProFX4v2 analog mixer is fitted with 1/4" main outputs, as well as a 1/4" headphone output:
- Main Outputs: Two 1/4" connectors provide stereo line-level signals from the main mix for connecting to inputs of your powered speakers or main power amplifier.
- Headphone Output: A single 1/4" TRS jack supplies the output to a pair of stereo headphones. It is the same signal that is sent to the main and tape outputs. A separate volume control knob is provided.
Internal Effects: The powerful new ReadyFX effects engine uses a floating-point DSP to deliver 16 effects that can be used to enhance any performance. A rotary dial and 2-digit numeric display let you choose between the following effects:
|1. Bright Room||5. Warm Hall||9. Chorus||13. Delay 1 (Fast)|
|2. Warm Lounge||6. Concert Hall||10. Chorus + Reverb||14. Delay 2 (Medium)|
|3. Small Stage||7. Plate Reverb||11. Doubler||15. Delay 3 (Slow)|
|4. Warm Theater||8. Cathedral||12. Echo||16. Pan Delay|
Aux Monitor/FX Sends: The ProFX4v2 features Aux Monitor and Aux FX Sends:
- Aux Monitor Send: Stage monitors allow the musician to hear themselves clearly on stage. The monitor mix may be carefully adjusted in level using the Aux Mon controls on Channels 1, 2, and 3/4. These tap a portion of each channel's signal to provide a 1/4" TRS output to feed external stage monitors. The controls are off when fully turned down, deliver unity gain (no change in level) at the center detent, and provides up to 15dB of gain when fully turned up.
- FX Send: The Aux FX knobs tap a portion of each channel's signal to provide a FX mix feeding the internal FX processor, and to feed an external FX processor via the FX Send 1/4" connector. The controls are off when fully turned down, deliver unity gain (no change in level) at the center detent, and provides up to 15dB of gain when fully turned up. Effects are added to the main mix by increasing the level of the "FX to Main" knob. You can also add FX to the monitor mix by adjusting the "FX to Mon" knob.
Graphic Equalizer: The ProFX4v2 offers a 5-Band Graphic EQ for the left/right main mix or for the monitors. The EQ affects the line-level outputs, but not the headphone or tape outputs. It can be bypassed at the press of a button, if needed. Each slider lets you adjust the level of its frequency band with up to 15dB of boost or cut. The center detent indicates no change in level (0 dB). The frequency bands are: 80Hz, 250Hz, 800Hz, 2.5kHz, and 8kHz.
Applications: The Mackie ProFX4v2 is great for Live sound mixing, houses of worship, clubs, gyms, banquet halls, conference and board rooms, studio and field recording, video post-production, multimedia applications, broadcast, and many more.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?