About the Mackie SRM450v3
Mackie's known for producing tough, affordable speakers, and the SRM450v3 is no exception. This revamp of the SRM Series adds modern features while keeping the original rugged, compact SRM concept intact.
Made to work
The SRM450v3 powered speaker features built-in amplifiers that send 400 watts to the 10" woofer and 100 watts to the 1-7/16" titanium-dome compression driver, with a combined peak total output of 1000 watts. The SRM450's amplifier is packed with modern features including their Feedback Destroyer, which instantly analyzes and corrects feedback with up to four 1/16th-octave filters.
The SRM450 has a pole mount aperture allowing it to be used with a stand (shown here) or atop a subwoofer's mounting pole.
Mackie's sophisticated audio processing uses driver time alignment, phase correction, and other technologies to keep your sound focused even at higher volume levels. And Mackie's Smart Protect™ DSP amp-protection circuitry includes built-in limiters, plus over-excursion and thermal protection, to ensure that your speaker survives when you push it a little too hard.
Set the controls
The speaker's 2-channel mixer features Wide-Z™ inputs that handle XLR and 1/4" inputs, accepting a variety of sources from guitars to mics to mixers, and allowing you to use the SRM450 as a mini-PA for singer-songwriter applications. The mixer also features stereo RCA inputs for connection to a CD player or other audio source. The cabinet is also designed so the SRM450 can be used as a stage monitor.
The SRM450 includes a speaker mode switch which gives you the choice of four operating modes: PA, DJ, monitor, and soloist. The back panel also includes a Thru output which allows you to daisy-chain multiple SRMs with the options of simple pass-through or combining the signal from the built-in mixer along with the Thru signal.
In the box
The SRM450 is built for work and travel, with a tough polypropylene cabinet and perforated metal grille with weather-resistant coating. It's made to take a thumping and keep right on playing. If you want a dependable, great-sounding speaker for your powered applications, the SRM Series may be just what you've been waiting for.
- 2-way powered speaker
- 12" woofer
- 1-7/16" titanium-dome compression driver
- polypropylene enclosure with weather-resistant perforated metal grille
- bi-amplified with 500 watts RMS total power: 400 watts RMS to woofer via Class D amp, 100 watts RMS to tweeter via Class AB amp
- peak power: 800 watts to woofer, 200 watts to tweeter
- built-in digital time alignment and 2-way crossover
- 2-channel mixer with XLR, 1/4", and RCA inputs
- frequency response: 47-20,000 Hz
- dimensions: 26-1/8"H x 16"W x 14-7/8"D
- weight: 37 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 2042790-00
What's in the box:
- Powered PA loudspeaker
- 6' AC power cord
- Owner's Manual
Mackie SRM450v3 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Mackie SRM450v3
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1.4|
|System Frequency response||47-20000|
|RMS Power rating||500|
|Program Power rating||0|
|Peak Power rating||1000|
|Input Connections||2 XLR/TRS combo|
|Line Inputs||XLR, 1/4" TRS|
Two-Way Speaker Design: The Mackie SRM450v3 powered loudspeaker features a two-way driver design with a 1.4" titanium dome compression tweeter and 12" high-output woofer. A precision 2-way crossover (3kHz) splits the high and low frequencies between the tweeter and woofer.
1000W Peak Power: The Mackie SRM450v3 employs an ultra-efficient Class-D amplifier (400W RMS/800W Peak) to drive the woofer for dynamic low frequency response at all volume levels. It also features a traditional Class AB power amplifier (100W RMS/200W Peak) to drive the tweeter for clear high frequency performance.
Application Specific Speaker Modes: The Mackie SRM450v3 lets you choose between four different speakers modes to optimize the speaker for your type of application.
- PA: This mode is full-range, but focuses on midrange clarity where vocal often reside; great for most sound reinforcement applications.
- DJ: This mode boosts the lows and highs with a mild tuck to the mids; perfect for music playback.
- Monitor: This mode features a low frequency roll-off and a reduction around 2kHz to ensure maximum gain before feedback in monitor applications.
- Solo: This mode features a low frequency roll-off to get rid of unwanted thumps and adds boost and sparkle to midrange and high frequencies; perfect for sign-songwriters.
Automatic Feedback Destroyer: The SRM450v3's Automatic Feedback Destroyer feature gets rid of nasty feed with a single button push. You get instant assessment and correction of feedback with up to four incredibly narrow 1/16th octave filters.
Gain Knobs: The gain knobs (1-2) adjust the input sensitivity of the mic, line, and/or RCA inputs. This allows signal from your connected external source to be adjusted to run through each channel at optimal operating levels.
2 Wide-Z Inputs: Both channels (1-2) feature Wide-Z inputs with combo jacks that may accept balance/unbalanced XLR and 1/4" TR/TRS connections. The gain range of the Wide-Z inputs may handle anything from an instrument or mic level to a line-level signal such as from a mixer.
Stereo RCA Input: The stereo unbalanced RCA inputs allow you to play a CD player, portable audio player, or other line-level audio source through the Mackie SRM450v3 loudspeaker.
XLR Thru Output: This male XLR-type connector produces exactly the same signal that is connected to the main input jack (1) or a mix of channels 1-2. Use it to daisy-change several SRMv3 series loudspeakers together of the same signal source(s).
Smart Protect DSP: Mackie Smart Protect DSP provides intelligent system protection to safeguard the powered loudspeaker and ensure long life, plus great sound every time. Mackie's Smart Protect DSP includes the following protection circuits.
- Limiter: Each driver has its own transparent compression circuit, which helps protect them from damaging transient peaks.
- Over-Excursion : An 18 dB/octave high-pass filter, inserted just before the low frequency amplifier, protects the woofer from bottoming-out when the low-end is driven to the maximum.
- Thermal: Separate thermal switches activate and shut down the high and/or low frequency amplifiers until they cool down.
Impact-Resistance, Portable Enclosure: The cabinet is constructed of high-pressure injected polypropylene. The enclosure features reinforcement ribbing and structural strengthening resulting in a strong, super-rigid design provide ideal acoustical characteristics.
Mounting Options: There is an integrated pole mount cup for use with an optional pole mount system (sold separately). The trapezoidal cabinet has also been designed to provide an ideal floor monitor position. In addition, the speaker is fitted with suspension points to hang the speaker in the air.