About the Mackie Thump Go 8"
Get heard wherever you are
Get heard wherever you are
Mackie's Thump Go 8" portable battery-powered loudspeaker is the perfect solution for anyone wanting to play music or make presentations in small indoor or outdoor venues. The onboard lithium-ion battery provides up to 12 hours of playing time on a single charge, while the 200-watt amplifier provides plenty of power for live music performances. Mackie's Thump Series speakers are known for their loud clean sound and practical cabinet design — you can mount the Thump Go 8" up on a speaker stand for the PA, or on the floor as a vocal monitor for a singer.
Simple setup and control
The tough lightweight polypropylene cabinet includes a built-in handle for portability and a perforated metal grille to protect the speaker from accidents. At under 18 pounds, this compact powered loudspeaker is easy to transport and simple to set up. The onboard 2-channel mixer provides connections for up to two microphones, wired stereo playback, and Bluetooth streaming from a compatible device. You can connect to a second Thump Go 8" speaker and control the audio functions wirelessly via Mackie's Thump Connect 2 Bluetooth app.
Selectable application modes
You can set the EQ contour of your Thump Go 8" to Music when playing recordings, Speech when there're vocals, Monitor when used as a floor wedge, and Sub when used with a subwoofer, like the Mackie Thump 18S. There's even a mode selection to optimize for indoor or outdoor applications. Feedback elimination and music channel ducking also help make this portable PA speaker such a practical and valuable piece of live performance gear.
Thump Go rear panel mixer
- 2-way powered PA speaker
- 8" high-output woofer
- 1" polymer high-frequency compression driver
- power output: 200 watts (peak)
- 175 watts to woofer, 25 watts to tweeter
- max SPL: 115 dB
- frequency response: 50-20,000 Hz
- coverage: 90° horizontal, 60° vertical
- selectable speaker modes: Music, Speech, Monitor, Sub
- selectable voicing modes: Indoor, Outdoor
- Feedback Eliminator
- Music Ducking Mode automatically lowers channel 2 when channel 1 receives signal
- Speaker Link connects two Thump Go speakers together
- Bluetooth wireless control via Thump Connect 2 app
- rechargeable lithium-ion battery with up to 12 hours of life
- AC power cord included
- 2-channel input mixer (combo XLR/TRS) with input and master volume controls
- 1/8" TRS and Bluetooth additional inputs on CH2
- mix output (XLR)
- Input peak, RMS, and thermal limiting protect against over-loading
- polypropylene enclosure with weather-resistant perforated metal grille and built-in carrying handle
- 35mm socket for pole mounting
- dimensions: 11-3/16"W x 18"H x 11-5/16"D
- weight: 17.6 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # THUMP GO
What's in the box:
Mackie Thump Go 8" owner's manual
- 8" Portable loudspeaker
- 59" AC Power cable (IEC 3-pin)
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery pack (5200mAh)
- Quickstart guide (En/Sp/Fr/Ge)
Mackie Thump Go 8" reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Mackie Thump Go 8"
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|System Frequency response||57Hz-20kHz|
|RMS Power rating||Not given|
|Program Power rating||Not given|
|Peak Power rating||200|
|Line Inputs||(2) XLR/1/4", (1) 1/8" TRS|
|Tone Controls||4 Voice modes|
Overview: The Mackie Thump Go is a portable powered loudspeaker designed for live use in small indoor and outdoor venues, coffee shops, karaoke, banquet halls, and more. The Thump Go features 2 input channels along with Bluetooth audio streaming, an internal rechargeable battery, and a durable chassis that's lightweight and easy to transport. The Thump Connect 2 app lets you adjustment all signal levels and controls from your Bluetooth-connected smartphone or tablet.
Construction: The Mackie Thump Go features an 8" high-output woofer and a 1" high-frequency compression driver, both driven by an ultra-efficient 200W (peak) class-D amplifier and housed in a durable, lightweight polypropylene enclosure that's designed to withstand heavy use. A top-mounted carry-handle and a weight of only 17.6 pounds, make the Thump Go very portable.
Battery Power: The Thump Go includes a removable, rechargeable Lithium-ion battery for portable use in areas where AC power isn't available or convenient. The 5200mAh battery can provide up to 12 hours of use with a charge time of approximately 3 hours when not in use, or 4 hours if charging while in use. An AC power cord is provided for operation and battery charging.
Inputs & Outputs: The Thump Go includes 2 input channels, along with Bluetooth audio streaming. Each channel includes a rotary Gain dial for adjusting the individual signal levels.
- Input Channel 1: Includes an XLR/1/4" combo jack; accepts balanced signals on the XLR and balanced/unbalanced signals on the 1/4" connection; a Mic/Line switch lets you input Microphone- or Line-level signals.
- Input Channel 2: Includes an XLR/1/4" combo jack; accepts balanced signals on the XLR and balanced/unbalanced signals on the 1/4" connection; also includes an 1/8" (3.5mm) jack for connecting a portable music player; Channel 2 only accepts line-level signals and provides the playback channel for Bluetooth audio streaming.
- Thru: A balanced male XLR output (Thru) jack lets you connect an additional Mackie Thump Go (sold separately) for wider sound dispersion. The Thru output provides a mono-summed pre-DSP mix of all input signals. The Thru output is not affected by the Main Volume.
Additional Controls & Indicators:
- Main Volume: Adjusts the overall mixed signal level from both input channels.
- Voicing Modes: Four Voicing Modes are available that
tailor the sound to best suit each particular application.
- Music: This mode is full-range, but increases the bass and high frequencies. Designed for DJs and music playback applications.
- Speech: Rolls off low frequencies while boosting mid and high frequencies critical for speech applications.
- Sub: This mode rolls off a little of the low-end so you get approximately 3dB of extra output from the portable speaker.
- Monitor: This mode rolls off the low frequencies and reduces the midrange frequencies to ensure maximum gain before feedback in monitor applications.
- Outdoor Mode: A push-button selector; boosts high and low frequencies to compensate for the natural boost that happens indoors. When activated, the Outdoor Mode button will light Green.
- Music Ducking: Allows a microphone connected to Ch.1 to reduce or "duck" the signals on Ch.2 by 15dB when spoken into, allowing the speaker to be heard without having to adjust levels manually. The Music Ducking button will light Green when active.
- Feedback Eliminator: When activated, the Feedback Eliminator applies up to 6 notch filters to automatically reduce feedback while maximizing gain before feedback. The Feedback Eliminator button will light Green when active.
- Front LED: A front-panel Power LED lights Green when the Thump Go is powered on, but can be engaged/disengaged using the rear-panel Front LED button.
- Overload Indicator: The Mackie Thump Go has a built-in Limiter that helps prevent the amplifier outputs from clipping or overdriving the speaker drivers. The LED indicator will light Red when clipping occurs.
- Battery: A tri-colored LED displays the remaining battery life of
the included rechargeable battery:
- Green: 20% - 100% charge
- Yellow: 5% - 20% charge
- Red: Less than 5% charge
- No LED: No battery is detected
- Bluetooth (Ch2): The Thump Go can be paired to a Bluetooth-enabled device for audio streaming. Bluetooth audio streaming uses the Channel 2 input and is adjusted with the Channel 2 Gain dial. Bluetooth audio will be combined with any audio input through the Channel 2 XLR/1/4" or 1/8" jacks. A rear-panel Pair button is used for pairing a device and will flash Blue during pairing and will light solid Blue when connected to a device.
- Link: The Thump Go can be linked to another Thump Go powered speaker, allowing it to operate in Stereo mode (default) where each speaker is treated as a stereo pair, or Zone mode (app only), where a mixed signal is sent to both speakers. In Stereo mode, the main level control affects both speakers. In Zone mode, each speaker's volume can be independently controlled. The Link button will light when active.
Note: Linking can be done using the rear-panel Link button, but switching between Stereo and Zone modes can only be done using the Thump Connect 2 app.
App Control: The Mackie Thump Go can be remotely controlled using the Thump Connect 2 app, available for Apple and Android smartphones and tablets. The Thump Connect 2 app lets you adjust the same functions as provided on the PA speaker, along with switching between Stereo and Zone modes for Linking. It also lets you take a "Snapshot" of your settings which can be stored and recalled on your device, and includes a basic Hi/Lo EQ adjustment with +6/-6dB of range.
Mounting: The Mackie Thump Go can be placed upright on a floor or stage, or can be placed on its side for monitor use. A 35mm bottom opening lets you mount the PA speaker on a pole or tripod (both sold separately).
Protections: The Thump Go incorporates multiple safety features, including:
- Limiting: A compression circuit which helps protect it from damaging transient peaks. The compressor is designed to be transparent and isn't noticeable under normal conditions.
- Over Excursion: A subsonic filter circuit prior to the power amp prevents ultra-low frequencies from being amplified, which helps keep the driver from bottoming out.
- Thermal: If the amplifier overheats, a built-in thermal switch will activate, muting the signal. After it has cooled down sufficiently, the switch will reset itself and resumes normal operation.
- Frequency Range:
- -10 dB: 50Hz - 20kHz
- -3 dB: 57Hz - 20kHz
- Horizontal Coverage Angle: 90˚
- Vertical Coverage Angle: 60˚
- Maximum SPL Peak: 115 dB
- Low Frequency Driver: 8"
- High Frequency Driver: 1" Compression driver
- Total Peak Power: 200 Watts
- Low Frequency Amp:
- Peak Power: 175 Watts
- THD: < 1%
- Amplifier: Class D
- High Frequency Amp:
- Peak Power: 25 Watts
- THD: < 1%
- Amplifier: Class D
- DSP: 4 Voicing modes
- (2) Combo XLR (balanced) / 1/4" (balanced/unbalanced) jacks
- (1) 1/8" Unbalanced
- Output: (1) Balanced male XLR
- Mic/Line: 8 kΩ balanced
- 1/4" TS: 1 MΩ unbalanced
- Mix Out: Male XLR balanced
- Mix Out Impedance: 600Ω
- Type: 24dB/octave
- Crossover Frequency: 2.2 kHz
- Protocol: 5.0
- Function: Audio streaming and user interface control
- Input Power: 100 - 240VAC, 50 - 60Hz
- AC Connector: 3-pin IEC
- Power Supply: Switchmode
- Enclosure: Molded Polypropylene (Bass reflex)
- Grill: Perforated metal with weather-resistant coating
- Finish: Black, textured
- Operating Temperature: 32 - 104˚ F
- Dimensions: Width: 11.18", Height: 18.0", Depth: 11.30"
- Weight: 17.6 lbs.
1 question already asked
Excellent sound and quality!
Cesar from Rincon, PR