About the SpeakerCraft SC12-30
A flexible multi-zone or multi-room solution
Planning a whole-house audio system? Check out the SpeakerCraft SC12-30 multichannel power amplifier. You can customize this powerful 12-channel amp to best suit your specific multi-room setup. Enjoy clear stereo sound in six rooms, or combine two channels into one to give your speakers more juice — a great option for power-hungry outdoor speakers. Use a single channel of power for mono sound in smaller listening areas, like a closet or bathroom.
Enjoy music throughout your home
The SC12-30 can distribute music from one audio source, like a networked music streamer, to multiple rooms in your home. Or you can connect additional sources directly to the amplifier and assign each one to a single listening room. And by adding one or more preamps to your system, you can send additional sources to more than one listening room.
Serious whole-house audio power
This amplifier provides your system with an impressive amount of power for big, room-filling sound. Driven simultaneously, all 12 channels produce 30 watts RMS, or 360 watts total. "Bridging" or combining adjacent channels gives you 80 watts for each bridged pair, or 480 watts total.
- 12-channel amplifier
- power output:
- 30 watts RMS per channel into 8 ohms, all channels driven
- 40 watts RMS per channel into 4 ohms, all channels driven
- adjacent channels are bridgeable to 80 watts RMS into 8 Ohms, all channels driven
- massive toroidal transformer design delivers solid, deep, controlled bass response
- advanced PCB construction ensures extremely high channel-to-channel isolation
- high-quality parts and oversized heat sinks for clear and uncolored sound
- signal-to-noise ratio: greater than 89 dB (20-20,000 Hz)
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz (-3 dB)
- total harmonic distortion: 0.2% (20-20,000 Hz)
- BusMatrix Selector allows one of four audio options to be assigned to each channel: left, right, left plus right (summed stereo), or the channel's own dedicated signal input
- independent level controls for all 12 channels
- three turn-on modes: music sense, voltage trigger, and manual
- gold-plated 5-way binding post speaker connectors accommodate up to 12-gauge wire or banana plugs
- cascade outputs for "daisy-chaining" amplifiers
- independent thermal and short-circuit protection circuits for each channel
- rack mount ears included
- detachable AC power cord
- 17-1/4"W x 5-3/4"H x 17-9/16"D
- weight: 35 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SC12-30
What's in the box:
- 12-Channel amplifier
- 6' AC power cord
- 2 Rack-mount brackets
- Installation Guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the SpeakerCraft SC12-30
Features & specs
|Number of Channels||12|
|Power Output per Channel (8 ohms)||30|
|Power Output per Channel (6 ohms)||---|
|Power Output per Channel (4 ohms)||40|
|Bridged Power per Channel||80 (x 6 channels) watts|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|Number of Inputs||13|
|Speaker Connectors||Binding posts|
Multi-Channel Amplifier: The SpeakerCraft SC12-30 amplifier delivers the power and fidelity needed to distribute music throughout your home. This amplifier includes the necessary features needed for flexible, reliable custom installation. Sophisticated design and superior internal components, result in outstanding sound quality, performance, and long term reliability.
- 12-Channel (8- or 4-ohm): The SC12-30 is a 12-channel amplifier that delivers a solid 30 watts per channel RMS into 8 ohms and 40 watts per channel RMS into 4 ohms. A new digital power transformer design provides the energy necessary to efficiently deliver solid, deep, controlled bass response to a house full of speakers.
- 6-Channel Bridgeable (8-ohm): Each of the SC12-30's six adjacent speaker output pairs are bridgeable. You can create up to six 80 watt channels (into 8 ohms) by sliding the bridging switches located between each pair to the "bridged" position. This enables you to allocate more power to specific locations, such as large rooms or outdoor applications.
BusMatrix Input Selector: The SC12-30's unique BusMatrix selector gives you the flexibility to assign each channel to a common Left, Right, or Mono signal bus, or to a dedicated signal RCA input. With BusMatrix, routing surround sound to the master bedroom, stereo to the den and mono to the powder room is as simple as flicking a switch. BusMatrix makes the SC12-30 an ideal multi-room or multi-zone amplifier and offers exciting new features and system design possibilities to the professional installer.
- No Noise & Cross-Talk Free: The SC12-30's BusMatrix incorporates advanced PCB construction ensuring extremely high channel to channel isolation. Signal-to-noise ratios and cross-talk are equivalent to a professional mixing board found in a recording studio. With the SC12-30, the music playing in the living room cannot interfere with the music in the den.
- Independent Level Control: Each amplifier channel has an independent level control enabling you to adjust the volume settings for twelve different speaker locations individually. Each speaker can now be adjusted specifically for its location and for who will be listening.
Outputs: The SpeakerCraft SC12-30 provides binding post speaker outputs, a stereo RCA Bus output, and a 3.5mm Control output.
- Speaker Outputs: The amplifier is fitted with gold-plated, binding posts for each channel. The binding-post terminals will accept bare-wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, and banana plugs (dual or single).
- Bus Output: The Bus output (stereo RCA) allows the Bus input of the amplifier to be sent to another amplifier in your system.
- Control Output: A 12 Volt DC output (3.5mm) is provided whenever the amplifier is on, allowing you to operate voltage triggered devices like motorized screens and curtains.
Turn-On Modes: You can configure the SpeakerCraft SC12-30 amplifier to interface with many kinds of systems and have the unit automatically turn on. The SC12-30 amplifier features three turn-on modes - Music Sense, External Voltage Trigger (3-24VAC/DC), & Manual Turn-on via the front-panel switch.
- Manual Switch: Select Manual mode when you wish to manually turn the amplifier on and off by using the front-panel power switch.
- Music Sense: Music Sense mode turns on the amplifier when the amp's main input receives an audio signal. Once the signal stops, the amplifier waits 3 minutes and then turns itself off.
- External Voltage Trigger: Use the External Voltage Trigger mode if you prefer the amplifier turn on when it receives voltage (3-24V) from an external source and turn off once that voltage has stopped. The voltage source must be connected to the trigger input jack (3.5mm) on back of the amplifier.
Protection Circuitry: Each channel has independent thermal and short circuit protection. In the unlikely event that a problem occurs on one channel, the other channels will continue to play. When conditions return to normal, regular operation resumes.
LED Indicators: LED indicators on the front panel indicate Power, Active Status, and a Protection Warning.
Rack Mountable: The power amplifier includes a set of rack ears for rack mounting applications.
The SpeakerCraft SC12-30 replaces these items