About the Wet Sounds VS-1200-AMP
An amplifier for outdoor use
This rugged four-channel amplifier is designed to drive multiple Wet Sounds Venue Series speakers or subwoofers. It delivers 200 watts per channel into four channels. The included water-tight landscape enclosure has room for the amplifier and a compact media streamer like the Sonos Port (not included). Its built-in fan keeps your gear running cool. Internal AC power outlets and an external power cord facilitate an easier setup.
- 200 watts x 4 at 4 ohms
- 300 watts x 4 at 2 ohms
- frequency response: 5-20,000 Hz
- signal to noise ratio: 88 dB
- independent 3-position gain switches for channel pairs 1/2 and 3/4
- selectable subwoofer crossover
- weather-resistant enclosure:
- internal cooling fan with 100° thermo-controlled switching
- internal 110V AC power outlets, and an external power cord for easier installation
- amplifier dimensions: 7"W x 2-1/8"H x 9-3/4"D
- enclosure dimensions: 14"W x 5-1/2"H x 16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # VS-AMPLIFIER SYSTEM-4
What's in the box:
- This package contains 2 individually boxed items:
- 4-Channel amplifier w/attached 9" speaker output cables (terminated in watertight connectors) and 15" AC power cord (IEC 3-pin)
- Four 9" speaker harnesses (watertight connectors on one end / bare-ended wire on other end)
- Owner's manual
- Landscape enclosure w/attached 29" AC power cord (IEC 3-pin)
- 19" 3.5mm TRS cable (male on both ends)
- 4 Mounting tabs
- Four 5mm screws
- Four 12mm screws
- Quickstart guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Wet Sounds VS-1200-AMP
Features & specs
|Number of Channels||4|
|Power Output per Channel (8 ohms)||---|
|Power Output per Channel (6 ohms)||---|
|Power Output per Channel (4 ohms)||200|
|Bridged Power per Channel||N/A|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|Number of Inputs||2|
|Input Type||(2) RCA|
|Removable Power Cord||No|
|Speaker Connectors||2-Pin watertight|
Overview: The Wet Sounds VS-1200-AMP is a 4-channel amplifier designed for powering outdoor speakers, including Wet Sounds Venue Series speakers (sold separately). The amp includes a landscape enclosure designed specifically to house it outdoors while providing optimum weather protection.
Configuration: The VS-1200-AMP features four output channels that are fed by two RCA inputs. The left input feeds channels 1/3 and the right input feeds channels 2/4. Outputs are provided on four built-in 9" speaker harnesses terminated in watertight connectors. Four 19" speaker harnesses, with matching watertight connectors, are included and have bare-ended 14 ga. wire on the other end. Each speaker output can power a 2Ω or 4Ω speaker load (bridging not available). The VS-1200-AMP can provide the following output power:
- 2Ω: 4 x 300W
- 4Ω: 4 x 200W
Low-Pass Output: Two subwoofer On/Off switches can apply a 100Hz low-pass crossover to output channels 1/2 & 3/4 for powering an optional subwoofer (sold separately).
Selectable Gain: Two 3-way switches are provided for setting the input gain for channels 1/2 & 3/4. Each Gain setting is designed for use with Wet Sounds Venue Series speakers.
- Position 1: Full-range.
- Position 2: Subwoofer low.
- Position 3: Subwoofer high.
12V Trigger: The VS-1200-AMP features a 12VDC trigger input for activating the amp from a receiver or playback device with a 12VDC trigger output. A 19" 3.5mm TRS cable is provided for use the the 12VDC trigger input.
Power: The Wet Sounds 4-channel amplifier features a built-in 15" AC power cord for powering the amp. An AC power socket is provided inside the included outdoor enclosure for plugging the amp into. Power is fed to the enclosure through its own AC power cord.
Amp Dimensions: Width = 11.0", Height = 2.13", Depth = 7.13"
Enclosure Overview: The included Wet Sounds VS-LS-ENC heavy-duty enclosure has been specifically designed to house the VS-1200-AMP. The enclosure includes pre-drilled mounting holes on the rear panel for mounting it to an outside wall (mounting hardware included). An internal mounting plate is pre-drilled for mounting the amplifier, and includes an additional space for mounting a small media player (sold separately). The enclosure's latching front door includes a rubber gasket for providing a water-tight seal, and features a protruding tab for adding an optional padlock (not included).
Conduit Openings: Two 0.54" diameter openings with conduit clamps are provided on the bottom panel, for running wire into the enclosure.
Cooling: The VS-LS-ENC features 2 screened openings in the door for ventilation - one with a built-in cooling fan that's pre-wired to the enclosure's power input. Both openings feature molded, down-facing hoods to protect them from water and dirt ingress.
Power: The VS-LS-ENC receives power through a built-in 29" AC power cord (IEC 3-pin). The power cable internally terminates into 2 standard 3-prong outlets, one for powering the amplifier and the other for powering an optional player.
- Exterior: Width = 12.50", Height = 17.0", Depth = 8.75"
- Amp Mounting Area: Width = 7.25", Height = 14.0"", Depth = 3.25"
- Optional Player Mounting Area: Width = 2.0", Height = 5.0", Depth = 3.50"
1 question already asked