About the Wet Sounds HTX1
Plenty of power for your marine subwoofer
Plenty of power for your marine subwoofer
This Wet Sounds sub amp features a compact Class D design
Designed by boaters for boaters, Wet Sounds Hydro-Tech™ X (HTX) amplifiers are made to survive and thrive in the often-harsh marine environment. A conformal-coated circuit board, a sealed, salt-water resistant heat sink, and stainless steel hardware ensure that your amp will stand up to salt, spray, high temperatures, and high volume levels for seasons to come.
Rocks hard, but runs cool
The Wet Sounds HTX1 packs a lot of punch into a compact package. This Class D amplifier delivers up to 650 watts RMS, so your subwoofer won't get weak when the bass gets heavy. This amp's compact size means you can place it wherever you like, and built-in thermal overload protection will keep it cool and safe. The variable low-pass filter and bass boost ensure that you'll get the best possible bass on your boat.
- mono marine amplifier
- Class-D design
- 330 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (650 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- variable low-pass filter
- bass boost (0-12dB)
- 1 pair preamp outputs
- rugged, water-resistant shell
- removable speaker terminal blocks for easier installation
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- fuse rating: 60A x 2
- frequency response: 10-150 Hz
- dimensions: 9-9/16"W x 3-1/8"H x 7-3/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HTX1
What's in the box:
- Mono marine amplifier
- Two 30A ATO fuses (installed)
- Remote level control module
- 20' Flat remote cable (RJ-25 plugs at both ends)
- 2.5mm Allen wrench
- Owner's Manual
Wet Sounds HTX1 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Wet Sounds HTX1
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||330 x 1|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||100Hz Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||92 dB|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||650 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-150 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Marine Amplifier: The Wet Sounds Hydro-Tech X (HTX) series amplifiers are equipped with conformal coated PCBs, and are specifically designed for marine applications. In addition, the amp features completely sealed, salt-water compliant, high mass heat sinks and stainless steel hardware that resists corrosion.
Extended Side Panels: The amplifier's side panels extend approximately 1/2" below the bottom of the amplifier chassis. This allows air to circulate under the amp for cooling purposes. It also allows you to hide the wiring under the chassis.
Logo: The Wet Sounds logo is mounted over the dual-illumination status LED on the top of the amp. The LED light shows around the edges of the logo to let you observe the amp's status. When the amplifier goes into protection mode, the LED light will flash a red diagnostic sequence to aid you in troubleshooting.
Remote Level Control: The included Remote Level Control lets you raise and lower the overall volume of the amplifier from the cockpit or driver's seat. The control attenuates the signal from +0.7dB to -29dB. A 20' flat connecting cable is included.
Control Panel: The control panel is protected by a cover to help keep the controls dry, and to prevent unwanted adjustments. The cover screws can be removed with the supplied 2.5mm Allen wrench. These rotary controls require the use of a flat-head screwdriver (not supplied) to make adjustments. The controls include:
- Input Gain: The Input Gain control lets you match the amplifier to the source unit. The input sensitivity of the amp ranges from 0.2V to 6.0V.
- Crossover Frequency: The amplifier's Low-pass Crossover is continuously variable from 50 Hz to 150 Hz, and has a slope of 12dB/octave.
- Subsonic Filter: The Subsonic filter is a high-pass crossover that cuts out sub-bass frequencies that most speakers cannot efficiently reproduce, and typically rob the amp of power. The filter is continuously variable from 10 Hz to 50 Hz, and has a slope of 12 dB/octave.
- Bass Boost: The Bass Boost circuit increases the bass from 0 dB (flat) to +12 dB, centered at 45 Hz.
Connections: The HTX-1's wiring connections are on the front of the amplifier, and are protected by the removable top panel. The connections are as follows:
- Power/Ground/Turn-on: The amplifier has set screw terminals for the power, ground, and remote turn on. These connections require a Phillips-head screwdriver (not supplied) to tighten/loosen the set screws. The power and ground terminals will accept up to 4 AWG wire, while the remote turn-on terminal will take up to 6 AWG.
- Fuses: The amplifier is protected by two 30-amp ATO blade-type fuses.
- Remote Level: The amp features a female RJ-25 jack for connecting the supplied Remote Level Control cable.
- Preamp Inputs: One pair of RCA inputs is provided for connecting the input signal from the source unit.
- Pass-Through: One pair of RCA outputs is provided for sending a preamp signal to another amplifier. This pass through circuit matches the input signal from the source unit, and is not affected by the amp's built-in crossovers.
- Speaker: The speaker output has a removable connector with captive C-clamp terminals. These C-clamps will accept 12 AWG to 16 AWG speaker wire, and require a small flat-head screwdriver (not included) to tighten/loosen the clamps.
The Wet Sounds HTX1 replaces these items
- 300 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (600 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- variable low-pass filter, bass boost, and phase control
- rugged water-resistant shell