About the Wet Sounds HTX-4
Four channels to grow with
Four channels to grow with
This 4-channel amp will totally rock your boat
The Wet Sounds HTX4 4-channel marine amplifier packs a lot of punch into a compact package, with the power and versatility you need to get the sound you crave. This Hydro-Tech™ X Series amp delivers 100 watts RMS per channel in 4-channel mode, or you can run it in 2-channel mode to deliver 300 watts RMS each to a pair of subwoofers. Its small size means lots of installation options, while its Class D design means it'll stay cool wherever you place it. With both high- and low-pass filters, you'll be able to get the best possible sound from your Wet Sounds marine speakers.
Made to thrive on your boat
Designed by boaters for boaters, Wet Sounds Hydro-Tech™ X (HTX) amplifiers are made to survive and thrive in the often-harsh marine environment. A conformal-coated circuit board, a sealed, salt-water resistant heat sink, and stainless steel hardware ensure that your amp will stand up to salt, spray, high temperatures, and high volume levels for seasons to come.
- 4-channel marine amplifier
- Class-D design
- 100 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (150 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 300 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
- high- and low-pass filters
- rugged, water-resistant shell
- removable speaker terminal blocks for easier installation
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- fuse rating: 25A x 2
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- dimensions: 9-9/16"W x 3-1/8"H x 7-3/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HTX-4
What's in the box:
- 4-Channel marine amplifier
- Two 25A ATO fuses (installed)
- 2.5mm Allen wrench
- Owner's Manual
Wet Sounds HTX-4 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Wet Sounds HTX-4
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||100 x 4|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||1000Hz Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||85 dB|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||150 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||300 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Marine Amplifier: The Wet Sounds Hydro-Tech X (HTX) series amplifiers are equipped with conformal coated PCBs, and are specifically designed for marine applications. In addition, the amp features completely sealed, salt-water compliant, high mass heat sinks and stainless steel hardware that resists corrosion.
Extended Side Panels: The amplifier's side panels extend approximately 1/2" below the bottom of the amplifier chassis. This allows air to circulate under the amp for cooling purposes. It also allows you to hide the wiring under the chassis.
Logo: The Wet Sounds logo is mounted over the dual-illumination status LED on the top of the amp. The LED light shows around the edges of the logo to let you observe the amp's status. When the amplifier goes into protection mode, the LED light will flash a red diagnostic sequence to aid you in troubleshooting.
Control Panel: The control panel is protected by a cover to help keep the controls dry, and to prevent unwanted adjustments. The cover screws can be removed with the supplied 2.5mm Allen wrench. These rotary controls require the use of a flat-head screwdriver (not supplied) to make adjustments. Except for the Input Mode switch, this 4-channel amplifier features independent controls for the front (CH1+2) and rear (CH3+4). The controls includes:
- Input Mode: The Input Mode switch determines the input source of the rear channels (CH3+4). In the 2CH position, the front and rear channels receive the input signal from the Channel 1 and Channel 2 RCA inputs. In this position, you will not have fading capabilities between the front and rear outputs. In the 4CH position, the front and rear channels each have separate input signals, and fading between the front and rear outputs is possible.
- Input Gain: The Input Gain control lets you match the amplifier to the source unit. The input sensitivity of the amp ranges from 0.2V to 6.1V.
- Crossover Frequency: The amplifier's built-in Crossover is continuously variable from 50 Hz to 250 Hz, and has a slope of 12dB/octave.
- Crossover Switch: The Crossover Switch lets you set the built-in crossover to high-pass or low-pass operation. There is no Full Range position.
Connections: The HTX-4's wiring connections are on the front of the amplifier, and are protected by the removable top panel. The connections are as follows:
- Power/Ground/Turn-on: The amplifier has set screw terminals for the power, ground, and remote turn on. These connections require a Phillips-head screwdriver (not supplied) to tighten/loosen the set screws. The power and ground terminals will accept up to 4 AWG wire, while the remote turn-on terminal will take up to 6 AWG.
- Fuses: The amplifier is protected by two 25-amp ATO blade-type fuses.
- Preamp Inputs: Two pairs of RCA inputs (CH1+2 and CH3+4) are provided for connecting the input signal from the source unit.
- Speaker: The speaker output has two removable connectors (front + rear) with captive C-clamp terminals. These C-clamps will accept 12 AWG to 16 AWG speaker wire, and require a small flat-head or Phillips-head screwdriver (not included) to tighten/loosen the clamps.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked