About the Wet Sounds HTX-6
Six channels give you lots of options
Six channels give you lots of options
The Wet Sounds HTX6 6-channel amplifier packs impressive power into a compact, marine-ready design. This Hydro-Tech™ X Series 6-channel Class D amp delivers 100 watts RMS per channel, or 300 watts per channel when bridged to 3-channel mode, giving you plenty of options. You can run three sets of high-performance marine speakers, bridge the amp to drive three subs, or power all your speakers and a sub. This versatile amp is ready to rock, no matter how you change your system in the future.
The HTX6 fits into surprisingly tight quarters, while built-in thermal overload protection keeps the internal works cool and safe. The variable low-pass filter and phase control ensure that you'll get the best possible sound from your Wet Sounds marine speakers, no matter how you configure your system.
Made to thrive on your boat
Designed by boaters for boaters, Wet Sounds made this Hydro-Tech™ X amplifier to survive and thrive in the often-harsh marine environment. A conformal-coated circuit board, a sealed, salt-water resistant heat sink, and stainless steel hardware ensure that your amp will stand up to salt, spray, high temperatures, and high volume levels for seasons to come.
- 6-channel marine amplifier
- 100 watts RMS x 6 at 4 ohms (150 watts RMS x 6 at 2 ohms)
- 300 watts RMS x 3 in bridged mode (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- can be run in 6-, 5-, 4- or 3-channel mode
- Class-D design
- gasketed control cover and stainless steel hardware
- variable high- and low-pass filters (50-500 Hz, 12 dB per octave)
- preamp-level inputs
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 13-3/4"W x 2-15/16"H x 7-3/8"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HTX-6
What's in the box:
- 6-Channel marine amplifier
- Two 40A ATO fuses (installed)
- Wet Sounds badge
- 2.5mm Allen wrench
- Owner's Manual
Wet Sounds HTX-6 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Wet Sounds HTX-6
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||100 x 6|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||1000Hz Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||85 dB|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||150 x 6|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||300 x 3|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12dB/octave|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Marine Amplifier: The Wet Sounds Hydro-Tech X (HTX) series amplifiers are equipped with conformal coated PCBs, and are specifically designed for marine applications. In addition, the amp features completely sealed, salt-water compliant, high mass heat sinks and stainless steel hardware that resists corrosion.
Extended Side Panels: The amplifier's side panels extend approximately 1/2" below the bottom of the amplifier chassis. This allows air to circulate under the amp for cooling purposes. It also allows you to hide the wiring under the chassis.
Logo: The Wet Sounds logo badge can be mounted over the dual-illumination status LED on the top of the amp. The LED light shows around the edges of the logo to let you observe the amp's status. When the amplifier goes into protection mode, the LED light will flash a red diagnostic sequence to aid you in troubleshooting.
Control Panel: The control panel is protected by a cover to help keep the controls dry, and to prevent unwanted adjustments. The cover screws can be removed with the supplied 2.5mm Allen wrench. These rotary controls require the use of a flat-head screwdriver (not supplied) to make adjustments. Except for the Input Mode switch, this 6-channel amplifier features independent controls for CH1+2, CH3+4, and CH5+6. The controls includes:
- Input Mode: The amp features separate Input Mode switches for CH3+4 and CH5+6 determines the input source of those channel pairs. In the 2CH position, the input signal from the Channel 1 and Channel 2 RCA inputs is carried over to Channels 3+4 and 5+6. In this position, you will not have fading capabilities between the front and rear outputs. In the 4CH and 6CH positions, all channels each have separate input signals, and fading between the front and rear outputs is possible.
- Input Gain: The Input Gain controls let you match the amplifier to the source unit. The input sensitivity of the amp ranges from 0.2V to 6.1V.
- Crossover Frequency: The amplifier's built-in Crossovers are continuously variable from 50 Hz to 250 Hz, with a slope of 12dB/octave.
- Crossover Switch: The Crossover Switch lets you set the built-in crossovers to high-pass or low-pass operation. There is no Full Range position.
Connections: The HTX-6's wiring connections are on the front of the amplifier, and are protected by the removable top panel. The connections are as follows:
- Power/Ground/Turn-on: The amplifier has set screw
terminals for the power, ground, and remote turn on. These connections
require a Phillips-head screwdriver (not supplied) to tighten/loosen the set
screws. The power and ground terminals will accept up to 4 AWG wire, while
the remote turn-on terminal will take up to 6 AWG.
- Wiring Recommendations: A 4-gauge amplifier wiring kit should be used to connect the amplifier. An 80A fuse should be placed on the power wire within 18" of the battery.
- Fuses: The amplifier is protected by two 40-amp ATO blade-type fuses.
- Preamp Inputs: Three pairs of RCA inputs (CH1+2, CH3+4, CH5+6) are provided for connecting the input signal from the source unit.
- Speaker: The speaker output has removable Phoenix (or Euroblock) connectors with captive C-clamp terminals for each channel. These C-clamps will accept 12 AWG to 16 AWG speaker wire, and require a small flat-head or Phillips-head screwdriver (not included) to tighten/loosen the clamps.
4 questions already asked