About the Wet Sounds WS-MC-20
A versatile receiver that's built for boating
A versatile receiver that's built for boating
The Wet Sounds MC-20 marine digital media receiver is a great way to enjoy your music while you're enjoying a day on the water. Listen to your Pandora® playlists, plug in a player, or listen to the radio — it'll all sound great with this powerful, compact receiver. The 2.7” full-color display looks terrific and it's IPX6-rated for water resistance.
Play pretty much anything
If you like versatility, you'll really like this receiver's feature set. Built-in Bluetooth® lets you stream music, and Simple Secure Pairing makes it easy to use your Android or Apple smartphone to crank your tunes. You'll also appreciate the global AM/FM/Weather Band tuner, plus a USB port and an AUX input for your digital music player.
Pandora Internet radio is a wonderful thing to have on a boat. Just connect your iPhone® or pair your Android phone and enjoy all your favorite stations. You can also plug in a portable music player and enjoy music you've downloaded or ripped from your CD collection.
Easy to read and easy to use
The MC-20 sports a clean, functional front panel that's easy to read, easy to use, and IP6-rated for water resistance The big, bright full-color TFT display lets you see what's playing, and it's easy to browse through your folders or playlists when you're looking for just the right music. Dimmable day/night illumination makes it easy to see what's playing from where.
Start your system here
If you're planning a great marine audio system, the MC-20 is a fantastic centerpiece. In a larger vessel, you can set up two separate entertainment zones and control them on the receiver's front panel. If you're planning to expand your system, you'll appreciate the front and rear preamp outputs with fading capability.
The MC-20 is compatible with your NMEA 2000 system (optional interface required), and you can add a Wet Sounds WS-G2-TR or WS-G2-CTR remote to control your entertainment from wherever you are on the boat. There's even a reverse camera input if you want to make backing into a slip easier with a camera.
The WS-MC2 is also SiriusXM-Ready and compatible with the SiriusXM Connect SXV300 tuner (sold separately).
By boaters, for boaters
As you might guess from the name, Wet Sounds knows a thing or two about marine audio. They're audio experts and boating enthusiasts, so a lot of expertise goes into every piece of gear they design. Wet Sounds audio gear doesn't just give you incredible performance, it's also engineered to stand up to the extremes of the marine environment.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- marine digital media receiver
- built-in amplifier (25 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth for music streaming
- 2.7" full-color TFT display
- global RDS AM/FM/Weather Band tuner
- works with Apple and Android smartphones
- Pandora Internet radio
- 7-band EQ
- 2-zone source and volume control (full-range and sub)
- inputs: aux input (RCA); USB port
- outputs: 6-channel preamps
- SiriusXM-Ready (tuner sold separately)
- works with select Wet Sounds marine remotes
- NMEA 2000-compatible (optional interface required)
- dimensions: 5.1"W x 3.1"H x 2.9"D
- flush-mount adapter available (sold separately)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # WS-MC-20
What's in the box:
- Marine digital media receiver (20A fuse)
- Wiring harness
- Front-panel cover
- Mounting bracket
- 4 Screws
- 2 Bolts
- 8 Hex-nuts
- Owner's Manual
Wet Sounds WS-MC-20 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Wet Sounds WS-MC-20
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|Touch||5Gen and newer|
|iPhone||5 and newer|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||25 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||1kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Display Color||Full color|
|Key Button Color||White|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Marine Certified: The Wet Sounds WS-MC-20 digital media receiver is built for the marine environment with an IPX6 rating and even has a voltage monitor and alarm to warn you when your vessel's battery voltage is reaching critically low levels.
2.7" Full-Color Display: The Wet Sounds WS-MC-20 features a 2.7" ultra-bright, full-color display; plus a 3-way rotary-dial and push-button controls. The display provides station identification, song/artist/album info (including album art), and menu settings. This vibrant color display has day/night modes that automatically switch with your vessel's lighting (its brightness can also be adjusted manually).
Optional Wired Remote Control: If you want to control the WS-MC-20 marine receiver more locations around your boat, you can add Wet Sounds WS-G2-TR wired remote or Wet Sounds WS-G2-CTR wired remote with full-color display (both sold separately). Each remote features marine-grade construction and comes with a 23' proprietary cable that plugs into the proprietary remote input of the WS-MC-20 receiver. If you need a longer reach, you can combine Wet Sounds WS-G2-EXT-23FT extension cable (sold separately). You can connect up to two compatible Wet Sounds wired remotes using Wet Sounds WS-G2-TR-YADP adapter (sold separately).
- Control functions include Power, Source, Volume, Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Zone 2 Level.
- A rotary encoder volume knob and back-lit buttons provide easy operation.
- The WS-G2-CTR remote offers a full-color display for song/artist/album information (including album art), plus menu operation.
NMEA 2000 Connectivity: The Wet Sounds WS-G2-NMEA-20 adapter (sold separately) plugs into the WS-MC-20 marine receiver's miniUSB port to allow connection with NMEA Network. Additional NEMA 2000 cables and adapters may be required and sold separately (see Accessoires Tab).
Mounting Options: The Wet Sounds WS-MC-20's round chassis mounts in a gauge-style opening, while its rectangular front-panel surface mounts to the helm. The included mounting bracket, hardware, and integrated gasket secure the digital media receiver to the flat mounting surface.
- Cutout Dimensions: 3.0" (diameter) x 3.015" (depth)
- Front-Panel Dimensions: 5.235" (width) x 4.035" (height) x 1.365" (depth)
- 4 Mounting Holes: 4.705" (width) x 3.425" (height) x 1.005" (depth)
Optional Flush-Mount Kit: An optional flush mount kit (WS-MC-20-FMK; sold separately) is also available. Its made of a durable composite material and molded to fit seamlessly over the WS-MC-20 digital media receiver.
Firmware Updates: The Wet Sound's WS-MC-1's operating system has the capability to upgrade and update the firmware without removing the unit via the USB port.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: Thanks to built-in Bluetooth with support for A2DP/AVRCP 1.4, you are able to stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or tablet device to the Wet Sound WS-MC-20 digital media receiver. The system will even provide basic playback controls such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Random/Repeat; as well as music browsing via Playlists, Artists, Albums, Genres, Songs, Composers, Audiobooks, or Podcasts (compatible with select iPhone & Android smartphones). In addition, the WS-MC-20 will display song/artist info (including album art).
Note: The WS-MC-20 does not support Bluetooth hands-free phone communication for answering or making calls.
USB Input: The Wet Sounds WS-MC-20 digital media receiver features a rear-panel USB-A input for connection, music playback, control, song/artist/album display (no album art), and charging of a USB MSC (mass storage class) device or Apple iPod/iPhone with Lightning connector. If you want to extend the reach of the USB-A input, you can purchase Wet Sounds WWX-USB-MF-6FT panel-mount USB extension cable (sold separately).
- USB MSC Playback: The WS-MC-20's USB-A port supports MP3 music playback of a connected USB MSC (mass storage class) device, such as a thumbdrive. The unit provides Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Random/Repeat control functions. It will also display song/artist info (including album art).
- iPod/iPhone Direct Connect: The WS-MC-20's USB-A port can also be used to connect an Apple iPod/iPhone device with Lightning connector (not compatible with 30-pin devices). You'll be able to play back stored music and music apps on your Apple Lightning device through the digital media receiver. The system provides basic playback controls such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Random/Repeat; as well as music browsing via Playlists, Artists, Albums, Genres, Songs, Composers, Audiobooks, or Podcasts (these categories can be searched alphabetically). In addition, the WS-MC-20 will display song/artist info (including album art). The USB-A port (5V/1A) will even charge your connected Apple iPod/iPhone with Lightning connector.
Note: The USB port does not support playback from Android devices, USB hubs, or card-readers.
AM/FM/Weather Band Radio: The built-in AM/FM tuner provides manual, seek, and preset tuning. It also offers a Local/Distant feature which allows you to only pull in strong local stations or try to reach out to more distant radio stations. In addition, it features a Weather Band tuner so you can stay ahead of the storms out on the water. You can store up to 12 FM station presets, 6 AM station presets, and 6 WB station presets.
- RBDS: The Radio Data System (RBDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist & track information when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
- Tuner Region: You can select between USA, Russia, Latin America, Asia, Japan, Middle East, Australia & Europe tuning.
SiriusXM-Ready: The Wet Sounds WS-MC-20 is SiriusXM-Ready and compatible with the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300 sold separately). The SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner supports SiriusXM programming with access to 140+ SiriusXM channels via subscription; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features of the SiriusXM Connect tuner include -
- Channel list displays a list of all available channels
- Category Search searches for channels in a certain category
- Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, Song Title, and Album Art can be viewed on the head unit's LCD
- Up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets
- Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
SiriusXM Output: A SiriusXM output lets you send the audio signal of a connected SiriusXM tuner out to another receiver or amplifier that features an audio input. The SiriusXM output consists of a male 3.5mm connector.
Aux Input: The Wet Sound's WS-MC-20 is outfitted with a rear-panel 3.5mm Aux input for connection of an external audio device that features an analog output or headphone jack.
Camera Input: A rear-panel composite video input allows you to connect an external camera (sold separately). The camera input must be selected manually and does not offer auto-switching. The camera input does not support audio.
4-Channel Amplifier: The Wet Sounds WS-MC-20 digital media receiver features a built-in 25 watt RMS (50W Peak ) x 4 channel amplifier that is 2-ohm stable, so it can handle up to eight speakers.
Note: You can completely bypass the internal amp and turn it off for greater efficiency when using solely external power amplifiers.
6-Channel Line Outputs: The Wet Sounds WS-MC-20 is outfitted with three pair of line-level outputs; including Front L/R, Rear L/R, and Zone 2 L/R. The Zone 2 line-level output can also be used as a Subwoofer output. The Zone 2/Subwoofer outputs are a mixed mono signal and not stereo.
Dual Zone Audio: The digital media receiver's Zone 2 line output allows you to set up two zone of audio on your boat or vessel. The receiver's Front & Rear outputs are designated for the Main Zone, while the Zone 2 line-level outputs are used for Zone 2. You can increase or decrease the volume level in Zone 2. However, the unit's main volume control will still override final output of the Main & Zone 2 outputs when its adjusted. The same audio source is played back in both zones.
Equalizer: The Wet Sounds WS-MC-20 offers 8 EQ presets - Flat, Rock, Classic, Acoustic, Dance, Electronic, Hip-Hop, and Custom. The Custom mode allows you to manually adjust its 7-band EQ (80, 250, 500 1k, 2k, 4k, 10k Hz) from -12 to +12.
Crossovers: The WS-MC-20 offers a high-pass crossover for the front & rear outputs and a low-pass crossover for the subwoofer output (when activated).
- High-Pass Filter (HPF): The HPF controls the frequencies which are allowed to pass through the front & rear outputs. Choosing 60Hz, 80Hz, or 120Hz means that all frequencies below those will be blocked from passing. Choosing "All Pass Filter" will allow all frequencies to pass through the front outputs.
- Low-Pass Filter (LPF): The LPF is only available when the unit's Zone 2 output is set to "Subwoofer". This will control the frequencies which are allowed to pass through the subwoofer outputs. Choosing 60Hz, 80Hz, or 120Hz means that all frequencies above those will be blocked from passing. This would be ideal for an amplifier driving a subwoofer or a self-amplified subwoofer. Choosing "All Pass Filter" will allow all frequencies to pass through the subwoofer outputs. This would be ideal for an amplifier driving a set of tower speakers.
Sub Level: When the subwoofer line-level output is active, you can independently adjust its output level 0 to 20.
Source Gain: Often times the output of different sources varies widely, resulting in an abrupt volume change when switching from one source to another. This setting will compensate for that variance by allowing adjustment of the output of each source input individually with a range of -3dB to +3dB.