About the Wet Sounds MC-TR
Control your tunes from the transom
Control your tunes from the transom
With this transom remote connected to your Wet Sounds WS-MC1 marine media center, you can control your entertainment while you're enjoying a swim. It connects to the WS-MC1's black box unit via the included 23-foot MC-TR EXT cable and gives you the ability to adjust volume and choose sources when you're nowhere near the helm.
This compact gauge-style remote doesn't take up much space, but it gives you a lot of ways to enjoy your music. You'll be able to control the radio, connected Bluetooth and AUX devices, and even your Pandora playlists. It'll also control the main volume and individual zones.
You can connect up to three of these remotes to your black box using the MC-TR Y cable (sold separately).
- works with your Wet Sounds WS-MC1 marine media center
- perfect for swim decks and seating areas
- mounting hardware included
- 23-foot MC-TR EXT cable included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MC-TR
What's in the box:
- Wired marine remote controller (attached 1' cable terminated by proprietary connector)
- Mounting bracket (pre-installed)
- 23' Cable (terminated by a proprietary connector on each end)
Wet Sounds MC-TR reviews
Wet Sounds MC-TR is a quality transom remote. UNFORTUNATELY - it does not work with every Wet Sounds head unit. I discovered that after I purchased this remote. I contacted Wet Sounds and they were no help. Response - it only works with the MC-1 head unit. Crutchfield has been great working with me to find a solution and a transom remote that will work. Lesson Learned - get your Wet Sounds head unit model number and contact Crutchfield to confirm that the MC-TR will work with your unit before purchasing. Disappointing because the unit looks good.
Pros: Quality & Appearance
Cons: Will not work with all Wet Sounds head units!
0 of 0 found this helpful
More details on the Wet Sounds MC-TR
Compatibility: For full control of the Wet Sounds WS-MC1 Marine Media Center System (sold separately) from anywhere other than the helm, you can connect the MC-TR wire remote.
Display: The MC-TR wired remote features a single-line LCD screen with black test and white background. It provides source, menu, and volume information, along with song/artist/album metadata (no album art)
Controls: The wired remote provides push-button control, along with a 3-way rotary volume control. In addition to Power On/Off, Volume/Mute and Setup/Menu control, the MC-TR provides operation over the following sources from the WS-MC1 system.
- Radio: Offers Band selection, as well as Seek, Scan, Manual, and Preset tuning.
- Bluetooth: Provides basic playback controls such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Random/Repeat; as well as music browsing via Playlists, Artists, Albums, Genres, Songs, Composers, Audiobooks, or Podcasts (these categories can be searched alphabetically).
- Pandora: Offers Station List selection and the ability to skip songs within a station.
- Aux: Offers Aux source selection only.
Connection: The MC-TR is fitted with an attached 1' cable and comes with a 23' extension cable. An additional MC-TR EXT 23' extension cable can be purchased separately. The MC-TR wired remote can be up to 50' away from the Wet Sounds WS-MC system. You can use the MC-TR Y cable (sold separately) to connect up to two Wet Sounds MC-TR wired remotes to a Wet Sounds WS-MC1 system.
Mounting: The Wet Sounds MC-TR comes with a "C"-bracket and hardware to flush-mount the wired remote controller in your boat or vessel. The MC-TR wired marine remote will require a 2.75" (diameter) x 2.75" (depth) cutout.
- Overall Dimensions: 3.875" (diameter) x 4.0" (depth)
- Front-Panel Dimensions: 3.875" (diameter) x 1.25" (depth)
- Cutout Dimensions: 2.75" (diameter) x 2.75" (depth)