About the Wet Sounds SD6
A high-performance amp for your boat
A high-performance amp for your boat
Designed by boaters for boaters, Wet Sounds Sinister Series™ amps give you serious sound while enduring the toughest parts of life on the water. A conformal-coated PCB circuit board, a sealed, salt-water resistant heat sink, and stainless steel hardware ensure that this amp will stand up to salt, spray, high temperatures, and high volume levels.
Big-time power and efficiency
The Wet Sounds Sinister SD6 marine amp packs an astounding amount of punch into a compact chassis, delivering 185 watts RMS per channel at 4 ohms, or an impressive 585 watts when you bridge two channels together. This Class D 6-channel amplifier combines with a Wet Sounds MAXED™ power supply to provide efficiency levels rarely seen in any mobile amps, much less marine models. You can configure this amp to run almost any speaker setup — from multiple speakers and tower systems to high-performance marine subwoofers.
With a bass boost and high- and low-pass filters on all six channels, you'll be able to fine-tune your audio system to get the sound you want. The power, speaker, and input sections are conveniently located on one side of the amp, while the top-mounted controls are protected by a removable cover.
Other features on the SD6 include flexible source selection for single or multiple RCA channel input, RCA pass-through in 4-channel and 2-channel modes, and removable speaker plugs that accept heavy-gauge wire. The SD6 also sports built-in microprocessors that monitor voltage levels, temperature, and much more to protect your amp from damage, no matter how long the party lasts.
Get the look you like
Because every boat installation (not to mention every boater) is unique, this marine amp lets you create a great-sounding system that suits your boat — and your style. Removable power/ground and speaker wire plugs are a big help if you install your amp in a tight location, while built-in mounting feet allow you to run wiring under the amp so a more exposed installation will still look clean and neat. The sleek black exterior is accented by Wet Sounds logos backlit in your choice of red, white or blue. You can even mount the logos horizontally or vertically to suit your installation.
- full-range 6-channel marine amplifier
- 585 watts RMS x 3 at 4 ohms in bridged mode
- 185 watts RMS x 6 at 4 ohms (290 watts RMS x 6 at 2 ohms)
- Class-D design
- Wet Sounds MAXED power supply (patent pending)
- advanced microprocessor control
- conformal-coated PCB circuit board
- saltwater-resistant heat sink
- rugged water-resistant design
- stainless steel hardware
- top-mounted controls with protective cover
- removable speaker plugs
- variable low-pass and high-pass filters
- variable bass boost: 0-12.5 dB at 27-110 Hz
- frequency response: 3-35,000 Hz
- dimensions: 13-7/16"W x 10"D x 2-11/16"H
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 853414005310
What's in the box:
- 6-Channel marine amplifier
- Four 30A ATO fuses (installed)
- Remote Level Control module
- 20' Flat remote cable
- Owner's Manual
Wet Sounds SD6 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Wet Sounds SD6
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||185 x 6|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||1000 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||109 dB|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||290 x 6|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||585 x 3|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||30-300 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||30-300 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|Bass Boost||0-12.5 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||27-110 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Marine Amplifier: The Wet Sounds Sinister series amplifiers are equipped with a fully conformal coated 4-layer PCB, and are specifically designed for marine applications. In addition, the amp features completely sealed, salt-water compliant, high mass heat sinks and stainless steel hardware that resists corrosion. The Sinister amplifiers have a cast aluminum chassis with all of the power, signal, and speaker connections on one side for a clean install.
Extended Side Panels: The SD6 amplifier's side panels extend approximately 1/2" below the bottom of the amplifier chassis. This allows air to circulate under the amp for cooling purposes. It also allows you to hide the wiring under the chassis.
Logo: The Wet Sounds shield logo is mounted over the 3-way LED on the top of the amp. The LED light shows around the edges of the logo to let you observe the amp's status. You can choose the LED color (red, white, or blue), using the 3-way switch under the removable top panel. When the amplifier goes into protection mode, the LED light will flash a diagnostic sequence to aid you in troubleshooting. In addition, you can mount the logo horizontally or vertically to match your installation.
Remote Level Control: The included Remote Level Control lets you raise and lower the overall volume of the amplifier from the cockpit or driver's seat. The control attenuates the signal from 0dB to -61dB. A 20' flat connecting cable is included.
Control Panel: The top-mounted control panel is protected by a cover to help keep the controls dry, and to prevent unwanted adjustments. The cover screws can be removed with a 2 mm Allen wrench (not supplied). The rotary controls and slide switches require the use of a narrow flat-head screwdriver (not supplied) to make adjustments. This 6-channel amplifier features independent controls for Channels 1+2, 3+4, and 5+6:
- Input Gain (CH1+2, CH3+4, CH5+6): Independent Input Gain controls for each pair of channels let you match the amplifier to the source unit. The input sensitivity of the amp ranges from 0.2V to 6.1V.
- Crossover Selection Switch (CH1+2, CH3+4, CH5+6): The switches let you set each crossover to Low-pass, High-pass, or Full Range.
- Crossover Frequency (CH1+2, CH3+4, CH5+6): The amplifier's crossover is continuously variable from 30 Hz to 290 Hz, and has a slope of 12dB/octave.
- Bass Boost (CH1+2 only): The Bass Boost circuit increases the bass from 0 dB (flat) to +15 dB.
- Bass Boost Frequency (CH1+2 only): The bass boost circuit is continuously variable from 30 Hz to 130 Hz.
- Source Select (CH3+4, CH5+6): You can choose inputs 1+2 or 3+4 as the input source for channels 3+4. Likewise, you can choose inputs 1+2 or 5+6 as the input source for channels 5+6. If you select 3+4 or 5+6 as the input source, you will need to connect an RCA cable to the corresponding inputs.
- Mono/Stereo Switch (CH1+2, CH3+4, CH5+6): You can operate each channel pair in stereo or mono. If you wish to bridge the two channels, you should set the switch to Mono. Both the left and right channels are combined into a mono signal that is sent to both outputs, giving you a true mono output.
- LED Color: This 3-way switch lets you choose the color (red, white, or blue) of the LED behind the Wet Sounds shield logo on the top panel.
Connections: The SD6's wiring connections are on the front of the amplifier, and are protected by the removable top panel. The connections are as follows:
- Power/Ground/Turn-on: The amplifier has set screw terminals for the power, ground, and remote turn on. These connections require an Allen wrench (not supplied) to tighten/loosen the set screws. The power and ground terminals will accept up to 4 AWG wire, and require a 3mm Allen wrench, while the remote turn-on terminal will take up to 10 AWG wire, and requires a 2mm Allen wrench.
- Fuses: The amplifier is protected by four 30-amp ATO blade-type fuses.
- Remote Level: The amp features a female RJ-25 jack for connecting the supplied Remote Level Control cable.
- Preamp Inputs: Three pairs of RCA inputs are provided for connecting the input signal from the source unit. If the source unit doesn't have three pairs of preamp outputs, you can use the source select switch to send the signal from another input.
- Speakers: The speaker outputs have captive C-clamp terminals for connecting the speakers. These C-clamps will accept 12 AWG to 16 AWG speaker wire, and require a 3mm Allen wrench (not included) to tighten/loosen the clamps.