About the Wet Sounds SDX6
You want to rock out on the water?
You want to rock out on the water?
Wet Sounds' Sinister™ Series SDX6 amplifier will send six high-performance speakers 185 watts RMS each, giving you some serious sound for your aquatic fun. Or, you could power four speakers with 185 watts RMS each, then bridge two channels to drive a subwoofer with 585 watts RMS. You can configure this amp to run almost any setup — from multiple speakers and tower systems to high-performance marine subwoofers. A stereo/mono switch on each channel pair ensures you can send a full musical mix to whatever speaker or area of the boat you want.
Tough and efficient
A conformal-coated PCB circuit board, a sealed salt-water resistant heat sink, and stainless steel hardware ensure that this amp will stand up to salt, spray, high temperatures, and continuous high-volume playing. This amp uses Wet Sounds' patented MAXED™ power supply technology to achieve high power efficiently, without straining your boat's electrical system. An onboard microprocessor monitors voltage, temperature, and much more to protect the amp from damage.
Tone controls that matter
High- and low-pass filters allow you to fine-tune the sound for your speakers and subs. A variable bass boost on Channel 1-2 lets you add boom when you're driving a sub. The power, speaker, and input connections are conveniently located on one side of the amp, while the top-mounted controls are protected by a removable cover. And you can set the Wet Sounds logo badge to glow either red, white, or blue, to reflect your particular party mood.
- 6-channel marine amplifier
- 185 watts RMS x 6 at 4 ohms (290 watts RMS x 6 at 2 ohms)
- 585 watts RMS x 3 at 4 ohms in bridged mode
- CTA-2006 compliant
- advanced microprocessor control
- Wet Sounds' patented MAXED™ Class-D amp technology
- variable low- and high-pass filters (30-300 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost on Ch 1-2 (0-12.5 dB at 27-110 Hz)
- remote level control for Ch 1-2 with 20' cable
- stereo/mono switch on every pair of channels
- preamp and speaker-level inputs (speaker wire to RCA adapter required for speaker-level input)
- selectable 3-way LED logo badge (red, white, or blue)
- conformal-coated 4-layer printed circuit board
- saltwater-resistant heat sink
- top-mounted controls with protective cover
- removable speaker plugs
- fuse rating: 30A x 4
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 4-gauge power and ground wires recommended
- dimensions: 14-1/2"W x 3-5/16"H x 10-1/4"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SINISTER-SDX6
What's in the box:
- 6-Channel marine amplifier
- Four 30A ATO fuses (installed)
- Remote Level Control module
- 20' Flat cable (RJ25 modular plugs on each end)
Wet Sounds SDX6 reviews
Let me start by saying this is an awesome amplifier and delivers every watt advertised and worth the money! That said, I had an issue with the speaker output terminal hex screw rounding off on my initial install and after contacting Crutchfield technical support they rushed me a replacement with zero hassle and just in time to enjoy the weekend of boating! I can't say enough how rare it is to experience such a hassle free return and the way there customer service personnel handled the situation is commendable. Not only do you get what you pay for but you also get who you buy from. In this day when online price is competitive I recommend Crutchfield hands down for all your electronic audio needs!
Pros: Ease of install, quality of build, state of art electronics to reduce overheating and delivers every watt it promises!
Cons: on the expensive side but you get what you pay for.
0 of 0 found this helpful
More details on the Wet Sounds SDX6
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||185 x 6|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||---|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||87 dB|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||290 x 6|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||585 x 3|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||30-300 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||30-300 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost||0-12.5 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||27-110 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Marine Amplifier: The Wet Sounds Sinister series amplifiers are equipped with a fully conformal coated 4-layer PCB, and are specifically designed for marine applications. In addition, the amp features completely sealed, salt-water compliant, high mass heat sinks and stainless steel hardware that resists corrosion. The Sinister amplifiers have a cast aluminum chassis with all of the power, signal, and speaker connections on one side for a clean install.
Extended Side Panels: The SDX6 amplifier's side panels extend approximately 1/2" below the bottom of the amplifier chassis. This allows air to circulate under the amp for cooling purposes. It also allows you to hide the wiring under the chassis.
Logo: The Wet Sounds shield logo is mounted over the 3-way LED on the top of the amp. The LED light shows around the edges of the logo to let you observe the amp's status. You can choose the LED color (red, white, or blue), using the 3-way switch under the removable top panel. When the amplifier goes into protection mode, the LED light will flash a diagnostic sequence to aid you in troubleshooting. In addition, you can mount the logo horizontally or vertically to match your installation.
Remote Level Control: The included Remote Level Control lets you raise and lower the overall volume of the amplifier from the cockpit or driver's seat. The control attenuates the signal from 0dB to -61dB. A 20' flat connecting cable is included.
Control Panel: The top-mounted control panel is protected by two covers to help keep the controls dry, and to prevent unwanted adjustments. The full top cover screws can be removed with a 2.5mm Allen wrench, and the control panel cover screws can be removed with a 2mm Allen wrench (none supplied). The rotary controls and slide switches require the use of a narrow flat-head screwdriver (not supplied) to make adjustments. This 6-channel amplifier features independent controls for Channels 1+2, 3+4, and 5+6:
- Gain (CH1+2, CH3+4, CH5+6): Independent Gain controls for each pair of channels let you match the amplifier to the source unit. The input sensitivity of the amp ranges from 0.2V to 6.1V.
- Crossover Selection Switch (CH1+2, CH3+4, CH5+6): The switches let you set each crossover to Low-pass, High-pass, or Full Range.
- Crossover Frequency (CH1+2, CH3+4, CH5+6): The amplifier's crossover is continuously variable from 30 Hz to 290 Hz, and has a slope of 12dB/octave.
- Bass Boost (CH1+2 only): The Bass Boost circuit increases the bass from 0 dB (flat) to +15 dB.
- Bass Boost Frequency (CH1+2 only): The bass boost circuit is continuously variable from 30 Hz to 130 Hz.
- Source Select (CH3+4, CH5+6): You can independently choose inputs 1+2, 3+4, or 5+6 as the input source for channels 3+4 and 5+6.
- Mono/Stereo Switch (CH1+2, CH3+4, CH5+6): You can operate each channel pair in stereo or mono. If you wish to bridge the two channels, you should set the switch to Mono. Both the left and right channels are combined into a mono signal that is sent to both outputs, giving you a true mono output.
- LED Color: This 3-way switch lets you choose the color (red, white, or blue) of the LED behind the Wet Sounds shield logo on the top panel.
Connections: The SDX6's wiring connections are on the front of the amplifier, and are protected by the removable top panel. The connections are as follows:
- Power/Ground/Turn-on: The amplifier has set screw terminals for the power, ground, and remote turn on. These connections require an Allen wrench (not supplied) to tighten/loosen the set screws. The power and ground terminals will accept up to 4 AWG wire, and require a 3mm Allen wrench, while the remote turn-on terminal will take up to 10 AWG wire, and requires a 2mm Allen wrench. The power wire should have an in-line 120A fuse near the battery.
- Fuses: The amplifier is protected by four 30-amp ATO blade-type fuses.
- Remote Level: The amp features a female RJ-25 jack for connecting the supplied Remote Level Control cable.
- Preamp Inputs: Three pairs of RCA inputs are provided for connecting the input signal from the source unit. If the source unit doesn't have three pairs of preamp outputs, you can use the source select switch to send the signal from another input.
- Speakers: The speaker outputs have removable captive C-clamp terminals for connecting the speakers. These C-clamps will accept 12 AWG to 16 AWG speaker wire, and require a 3mm Allen wrench (not included) to tighten/loosen the clamps. Each pair of terminals can be pulled out separately for easy wiring and quick disconnecting.