About the Wet Sounds STX Micro 1
Bigger bass from a very small space
Bigger bass from a very small space
Finding space for a sub amplifier in a powersports vehicle used to be just shy of impossible. Not anymore. ATVs are getting bigger and amps, like this Wet Sounds STX Micro 1, are getting smaller. So if you want to enjoy your music to the max, boost your bass with this compact, powerful Class D amp.
Tough enough for woods and water
Wet Sounds designed this rugged sub amp to stand up to whatever the great outdoors can dish out. The die-cast aluminum chassis is specially sealed to keep water and dirt away from the internal componentry. It's small enough — 9-1/4"L x 4"W x 1-1/2"H — to fit into some tight spaces in your ATV, and it's also ideal for boats, golf carts, and more.
Don't be fooled by the compact exterior, though. Inside this little dynamo, some sophisticated tech pumps out plenty of thump. The STX Micro 1 boasts a rated output of 252 watts RMS at 4 ohms, or 420 watts at 2 ohms. Thinking about multiple subs? This little amp safely delivers up to 600 watts to a 1-ohm load. You can tune the sound to your liking with the variable bass boost, phase control, subsonic filter, and adjustable low-pass crossover.
Input for audio source
The 3.5mm signal input connection works seamlessly with Wet Sounds Bluetooth® controllers, and you can also connect your smartphone directly to it.
- marine/powersports mono amplifier
- 252 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (420 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- 600 watts RMS x 1 bridged at 1 ohm
- frequency response: 10-250 Hz
- variable low-pass filter
- variable bass boost at 45 Hz
- phase switch (0, 180 degrees)
- adjustable subsonic filter
- Class D amplifier design
- IPX6 water-resistance rating
- sealed exterior keeps water and dust out
- marine-rated chassis and components
- dimensions: 9-1/4"W x 1-1/2"H x 4"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # STX Micro-1
What's in the box:
- Mono amplifier with 9" power/signal pigtails on both ends
- Two 25A ATO fuses (installed in-line on power cable)
- 4 Self-tapping screws (length=3/4")
- 4 Mounting feet
- 2.5mm Allen wrench
- 2mm Allen wrench (attached to fuse holder)
- Owner's Manual
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Wet Sounds STX Micro 1 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Wet Sounds STX Micro 1
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||250 x 1|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||---|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||95 dB|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||420 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||x|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||---|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||1|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-18 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Marine Amplifier: This Wet Sounds Stealth STX Micro series amplifier features a completely sealed die-cast aluminum chassis to keep out water and dirt, making them ideal for motorcycles, ATVs, and other power sports. In addition, all of the connections enter the amplifier through sealed ports on each end of the amplifier. The Stealth STX amplifiers have a tiny footprint, only 9-1/4" long and 4" wide, which allows you to mount them in the limited space found in ATV or UTV vehicles.
Class D Amplification: The STX Micro-1 features state-of-the-art Class D amplification which provides ample power in a small space for your marine, motorcycle, or off-road vehicle. The amp's power output is as follows:
- 250 watts x 1 @ 4 Ohms
- 420 watts x 1 @ 2 Ohms
- 600 watts x 1 @ 1 Ohm
Control Panel: The top-mounted control panel is protected by a cover to help keep the controls dry, and to prevent unwanted adjustments. The cover screws can be removed with the supplied 2.5 mm Allen wrench. The rotary controls and slide switches require the use of a narrow flat-head screwdriver (not supplied) to make adjustments. This mono amplifier features the following controls:
- Low Pass Filter (LPF): The LPF rotary control lets you set the crossover frequency between 50 Hz and 250 Hz. Frequencies below the set crossover point are filtered out.
- Sensitivity: The Sensitivity control lets you match the amplifier input to the source unit. The input sensitivity of the amp ranges from 150mV (Min) to 7V (Max).
- Bass Boost: The Bass Boost circuit lets you increase the level of the bass output from 0dB to 18dB, centered at 45 Hz.
- Phase: The Phase control lets you set the phase of the connected subwoofer. At 0°, the output is unaffected. Setting the control to 180° reverses the phase. It is best to set the control based on which position sounds best.
- Subsonic Filter: The Subsonic Filter helps eliminate very low frequencies that cause the amplifier to work less efficiently. The rotary control can be set between 10 Hz and 55 Hz to pass only the frequencies above the crossover point to the subwoofer.
- Power Protect: This LED will light up red at start-up, then change to blue if all connections are OK. In the event the amp should go into protect mode, from short circuit or over/under voltage), the LED will glow red until the problem is resolved.
Connections: The STX Micro-1's wiring connections are on both ends of the amplifier, and in some cases are not terminated. The power and speaker connections to the amp are sealed internally, so you will need to splice them to your wires. The connections are as follows:
- Power: The amplifier's 8 AWG power wire features an in-line waterproof fuse holder with two 25A ATO fuses inserted. The power wire is terminated with a ring terminal.
- Ground: The 8 AWG ground is terminated with a ring terminal.
- Remote Turn-on: The 16 AWG ground is not terminated.
- Speaker Outputs: The amp's speaker outputs are 12 AWG wires with no terminals.
- Inputs: The amp features a stereo 3.5mm (female) input located on the opposite end from the power/speaker wires. The terminal features a splash-resistant cover.
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz to 250 kHz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (1 watt): > 95 dBa
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.19%
- Input Sensitivity Range: 150 mV to 7.0 V
1 question already asked