About the Wet Sounds STX Micro 4
Amp up your off-roading
Amp up your off-roading
Finding space for an amplifier on an ATV used to be difficult to impossible. Not anymore. ATVs are getting bigger and amps, like this Wet Sounds STX Micro-4, for example, are getting smaller. So if you want to enjoy your music to the max, this compact, powerful Class D amp will bring out the best in your Wet Sounds speakers.
Made for outdoor use
Wet Sounds designed this 4-channel amp to stand up to whatever the great outdoors – or your riding style – can dish out. The die-cast aluminum chassis is specially sealed to keep water and dirt away from the internal componentry. It's small enough to fit an ATV, and it's also ideal for boats, golf carts, and more.
Plenty of power
But don't let the compact exterior fool you. Inside this little dynamo is some sophisticated tech that pumps out plenty of sound. The STX Micro-4 boasts a rated output of 80 watts x 4 channels at 4 ohms, or 130 watts x 4 at 2 ohms. You can bridge the amp to 2-channel mode to drive a pair of 4-ohm subs with 280 watts RMS each. Fully variable high- and low-pass filters allow you to tailor the amp for the job at hand.
Lots of volume, lots of versatility
A set of pass-through outputs allow you to connect a second amp, like the STX Micro-1 sub amp. And multichannel switching mode lets you get four channels of output with only two channels of input – you won't even need Y-adapters. The 3.5mm minijack input works with Wet Sounds Bluetooth® controllers or almost any outboard audio device, including your smartphone.
- marine/powersports 4-channel amplifier
- 80 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (130 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 280 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable bridged)
- die-cast aluminum chassis
- Class D amplifier design
- variable low- and high-pass crossovers
- IPX6 water-resistance rating
- sealed exterior keeps water and dust out
- marine-rated chassis and components
Inputs and Outputs:
- minijack input for outboard audio devices
- pass-through RCA outputs for sending signal to a second amp
- frequency response: 10-40,000 Hz
- dimensions: 9-1/4"W x 1-1/2"H x 4"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # STX Micro-4
What's in the box:
- 4-channel amplifier with 9" power/signal pigtails on both ends
- Two 25A ATO fuses (installed in-line on power cable)
- 4 Self-tapping screws (length=3/4")
- 4 Mounting feet
- 2.5mm Allen wrench
- 2mm Allen wrench (attached to fuse holder)
- Owner's Manual
Wet Sounds STX Micro 4 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Wet Sounds STX Micro 4
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||80 x 4|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||---|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||95 dB|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||130 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||280 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||80 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||800 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Preamp Outputs||1 Stereo 3.5mm|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Marine Amplifier: This Wet Sounds Stealth STX Micro series amplifier features a completely sealed die-cast aluminum chassis to keep out water and dirt, making them ideal for motorcycles, ATVs, and other power sports. In addition, all of the connections enter the amplifier through sealed ports on each end of the amplifier. The Stealth STX amplifiers have a tiny footprint, only 9-1/4" long and 4" wide, which allows you to mount them in the limited space found in ATV or UTV vehicles.
Class D Amplification: The STX Micro-4 features state-of-the-art Class D amplification which provides ample power in a small space for your marine, motorcycle, or off-road vehicle. The amp's power output is as follows:
- 80 watts x 4 @ 4 Ohms
- 130 watts x 4 @ 2 Ohms
- 280 watts x 2 @ 4 Ohms bridged
Control Panel: The top-mounted control panel is protected by a cover to help keep the controls dry, and to prevent unwanted adjustments. The cover screws can be removed with the supplied 2.5 mm Allen wrench. The rotary controls and slide switches require the use of a narrow flat-head screwdriver (not supplied) to make adjustments. This 4-channel amplifier features independent controls for Channels 1+2 and 3+4:
- Crossover Selection Switch (CH1+2, CH3+4): The switches let you set each crossover to Low-pass (LPF), High-pass (HPF), or Flat (crossover disabled).
- Sensitivity (CH1+2, CH3+4): Independent Sensitivity controls for each pair of channels let you match the amplifier to the source unit. The input sensitivity of the amp ranges from 150mV (Min) to 7V (Max).
- Crossover Frequency (CH1+2, CH3+4): The amplifier's crossover is continuously variable from 40 Hz to 400 Hz, and has a slope of 12dB/octave.
- Channel Select: You can set the input selector to 2CH or 4CH. In 2-channel mode, all 4 speakers will play using only the Front input. In 4-channel mode, the front and rear speakers are independent, and must receive both a front and rear input. When bridging the amplifier, the switch should be in 2CH mode.
- Power Protect: This LED will light up red at start-up, then change to blue if all connections are OK. In the event the amp should go into protect mode, from short circuit or over/under voltage), the LED will glow red until the problem is resolved.
Connections: The STX Micro-4's wiring connections are on both ends of the amplifier, and in some cases are not terminated. The power and speaker connections to the amp are sealed internally, so you will need to splice them to your wires. The connections are as follows:
- Power: The amplifier's 8 AWG power wire features an in-line waterproof fuse holder with two 25A ATO fuses inserted. The power wire is terminated with a ring terminal.
- Ground: The 8 AWG ground is terminated with a ring terminal.
- Remote Turn-on: The 16 AWG ground is not terminated.
- Speaker Outputs: The amp's 4-channel speaker outputs are 16 AWG wires with no terminals.
- Inputs: The amp features two stereo 3.5mm (female) inputs located on the opposite end from the power/speaker wires. The inputs have a wide enough gain range to accept a direct input from a smartphone, tablet, or other portable device. The terminal features a splash-resistant cover.
- Output: A stereo 3.5mm (female) output is provided for passing through the audio signal to another amplifier or an amplified subwoofer.
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz to 40 kHz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (1 watt): > 95 dBa
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.05%
- Input Sensitivity Range: 150 mV to 7.0 V