About the Wet Sounds SYN-DX4
Four channels of versatile power
Four channels of versatile power
Wet Sounds' SYN-DX4 amplifier packs a ton of juice into a compact design that's made for marine use. This 4-channel full-range Class D amp delivers 125 watts RMS per channel, plenty enough to get the party swinging. You could also use this amp in bridged, 2-channel mode to power a couple of high-performance speakers or subs with an impressive 400 watts RMS each. Or you could power two speakers and a sub in 3-channel mode. No matter how you configure it, this versatile amp is ready to rock.
A small wonder
The SYN-DX4 fits into tight quarters, while built-in thermal overload protection keeps the internal works cool and safe. The variable high- and low-pass crossovers ensure that you'll get the best possible sound from your speakers, no matter what kind they are.
Made for life on the water
Designed by boaters for boaters, Wet Sounds made this rugged marine amplifier to survive life on a boat. A conformal-coated circuit board, a sealed, salt water-resistant heat sink, and stainless-steel hardware ensure that your amp will stand up to salt, spray, high temperatures, and high volume levels for many seasons to come.
SYN-DX4 connection panel
- 4-channel marine amplifier
- 125 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (200 watts x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 400 watts x 2 bridged at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- Class-D design
- sealed extruded aluminum chassis
- gasketed control cover and stainless steel hardware
- variable high- and low-pass filters (50-250 Hz)
- preamp-level inputs
- fuses: 30 amp x 2
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- dimensions: 10-11/16"W x 3-1/8"H x 8-5/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SYN-DX 4
What's in the box:
- 4-Channel amplifier
- Two 30A ATO fuses (installed)
- Wet Sounds badge
Wet Sounds SYN-DX4 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Wet Sounds SYN-DX4
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||125 x 4|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||---|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||200 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||400 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Marine Amplifier: This Wet Sounds SYN-DX series marine amplifier features a completely sealed die-cast aluminum chassis to keep out water, making them ideal for extreme marine applications. The SYN-DX amplifiers feature chassis that are raised 3/8" above the mounting surface to help keep the amplifier cool, and prevent direct contact with water. The SYN DX-4 is a 4-channel that can drive full-range speakers and subwoofers in many configurations.
Class D Amplification: The SYN DX-4 features state-of-the-art Class D amplification which provides ample power in a small chassis. The amp's power output is as follows:
- 125 watts RMS x 4 @ 4 Ohms, <1.0% THD
- 200 watts RMS x 4 @ 2 Ohms, <1.0% THD
- 400 watts RMS x 2 @ 4 Ohms bridged, <1.0% THD
Power Indicator: The amplifier has a dual illuminated LED on the top of the amplifier. The included Wet Sounds logo badge mounts over the LED in one of four directions, allowing you to orient the badge in the same direction of the amp installation. The LED indicator is connected to the amp's advanced diagnostic system and microprocessor. Should a problem arise and the amplifier goes into protection mode, the LED will flash a diagnostic code. A solid blue LED indicates the amplifier is powered on and operating normally. A flashing red LED indicates one of the following issues: Thermal Protection (Heatsink), Thermal Protection (Circuit Board), Short Protect (Channels 1 or 2), Short Protect (Channels 3 or 4), Overvoltage Protection (>16.5V), Undervoltage Protection (9.5V for more than 20 seconds), and DC Protection (DC output on any of the speakers. A short circuit will only shut down the channels which are in fault. The other channels will continue to play.
Control Panel: The top-mounted control panel is protected by a cover to help keep the controls dry, and to prevent unwanted adjustments. The cover screws can be removed with a 2.5 mm Allen wrench (not included). The rotary controls and recessed slide switches require the use of a narrow flat-head screwdriver (not included) to make adjustments. This amplifier features independent controls for Channels 1-2 and Channels 3-4:
- Input Mode: A switch is provided to indicate the source of the audio signals for Channels 3-4. Channels 3-4 can receive signals from a source connected to the Channel 1-2 or Channel 3-4 inputs. If you use only one pair of inputs, there will be no fading capabilities between the front and rear outputs.
- Crossovers: Both pairs of channels has a 3-way switch that lets you set the crossover for low-pass, high-pass, or full-range operation. The rotary controls lets you set the low-pass or high-pass frequency between 50 Hz and 250 Hz. The crossovers have a 12dB/octave slope.
- Gain: The Gain controls let you match the amplifier input to the output of the source unit. The input sensitivity of the amp ranges from 0.2V (Min) to 6.0V (Max).
Connections: The Wet Sounds SYN DX-4's wiring connections are on one side of the amplifier for a clean installation. The connections are as follows:
- Power/Ground: The power and ground connections feature set-screw terminals that will accept up to 4-gauge wire. A 60A fuse should be placed on the +12V power wire within 18" of the positive battery terminal.
- Remote Turn-on: The Remote Turn-on connection is a set-screw terminal that will accept up to 8-gauge wire.
- Speaker Outputs: The amp has C-clamp terminals for all four channels. The terminals will accept 12-gauge to 16-gauge speaker wire. A small flat-head or Phillips-head screwdriver is needed to tighten/loosen the C-clamp screws.
- Inputs: The amp features two pairs of RCA jacks for connecting the source unit.