About the Wet Sounds SYN-DX 6
Six channels give you maximum versatility
Six channels give you maximum versatility
Wet Sounds' SYN-DX 6 amplifier packs a ton of juice into a compact design that's made for marine use. The Class D amp consists of a 4-channel amp that delivers 125 watts RMS per channel, and a 2-channel section that delivers 150 watts per channel (or 600 watts in bridged mode). This 6-channel design gives you plenty of options when you're designing your boat's audio system. You can run three sets of high-performance marine speakers, bridge the amp to drive three subs, or power all your speakers and a sub or two. No matter how you configure it, this versatile amp is ready to rock.
A small wonder
The SYN-DX 6 fits into tight quarters, while built-in thermal overload protection keeps the internal works cool and safe. The variable high- and low-pass crossovers ensure that you'll get the best possible sound from your Wet Sounds marine speakers, no matter how you configure your system.
Made for life on the water
Designed by boaters for boaters, Wet Sounds made this rugged marine amplifier to survive life on a boat. A conformal-coated circuit board, a sealed, salt-water resistant heat sink, and stainless steel hardware ensure that your amp will stand up to salt, spray, high temperatures, and high volume levels for many seasons to come.
- 6-channel marine amplifier
- channels 1-4: 125 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (150 watts at 2 ohms); 400 watts x 2 bridged
- channels 5-6: 150 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (300 watts at 2 ohms); 600 watts bridged
- can be run in 6-, 5-, 4- or 3-channel mode
- Class-D design
- sealed extruded aluminum chassis
- gasketed control cover and stainless steel hardware
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- variable high- and low-pass filters (50-250 Hz)
- preamp-level inputs
- fuses: 30 amp x 3
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 14-1/2" W x 3"H x 8-1/4"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SYN-DX 6
What's in the box:
- 6-Channel amplifier
- Three 30A ATO fuses (installed)
- Wet Sounds badge
Wet Sounds SYN-DX 6 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Wet Sounds SYN-DX 6
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||125 x 4|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||---|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||200 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||400 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12dB/oct|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Marine Amplifier: This Wet Sounds SYN-DX series marine amplifier features a completely sealed die-cast aluminum chassis to keep out water, making them ideal for extreme marine applications. The SYN-DX amplifiers feature chassis that are raised 3/8" above the mounting surface to help keep the amplifier cool, and prevent direct contact with water. The SYN DX-6 is a 6-channel that can drive full-range speakers and subwoofers in many configurations.
Class D Amplification: The SYN DX-6 features state-of-the-art Class D amplification which provides ample power in a small chassis. The amp's power output is as follows:
- 125 watts RMS x 4 + 150 watts RMS x 2 @ 4 Ohms
- 200 watts RMS x 4 + 300 watts RMS x 2 @ 2 Ohms
- 400 watts RMS x 2 + 600 watts RMS x 1 @ 4 Ohms bridged
Control Panel: The top-mounted control panel is protected by a cover to help keep the controls dry, and to prevent unwanted adjustments. The cover screws can be removed with a 2.5 mm Allen wrench. The rotary controls and recessed slide switches require the use of a narrow flat-head screwdriver to make adjustments. This amplifier features independent controls for Channels 1-2, Channels 3-4, and Channels 5-6:
- Input Mode: Two switches are provided to indicate the source of the audio signals for Channels 3-4 and Channels 5-6. The six channels can receive signals from one, two, or three pairs of connected inputs. Channels 3-4 can receive signals from a source connected to the Channel 1-2 or Channel 3-4 inputs. The signal for Channels 5-6 can be obtained from Channels 1-2 or Channels 5-6. If you use only one pair of inputs, there will be no fading capabilities between the front and rear outputs.
- Crossovers: Each pair of channels has a 3-way switch that lets you set the crossover for low-pass, high-pass, or full-range operation. The rotary controls lets you set the low-pass or high-pass frequency between 50 Hz and 250 Hz. The crossovers have a 12dB/octave slope.
- Gain: The Gain controls let you match the amplifier input to the output of source unit. The input sensitivity of the amp ranges from 0.2V (Min) to 6.0V (Max).
Connections: The Wet Sounds SYN DX-6's wiring connections are on one side of the amplifier for a clean installation. The connections are as follows:
- Power/Ground: The power and ground connections feature set-screw terminals that will accept up to 4-gauge wire.
- Remote Turn-on: The Remote Turn-on connection is a set-screw terminal that will accept up to 8-gauge wire.
- Speaker Outputs: The amp has C-clamp terminals for all six channels. The terminals will accept 12-gauge to 16-gauge speaker wire. A small flat-head or Phillips-head screwdriver is needed to tighten/loosen the C-clamp screws.
- Inputs: The amp features three pairs of RCA jacks for connecting the source unit.
3 questions already asked