About the Wet Sounds WS-220 BT
Take control of your boat's sound system
Take control of your boat's sound system
Having a multi-zone audio system on your boat is great. Being able to control all your zones from one place is even better. The Wetsounds WS-220 BT gives you everything you need to command your marine audio system in style, plus it offers Bluetooth connectivity and public address capability.
Adjust your sound, then address your crew
The WS-220 BT controller lets you take total charge of your marine audio system. This controller packs a lot of features into a compact half-DIN (1" tall) chassis. You get independent control of four zones plus master control over all of them. Use the source selector to choose between the main source, auxiliary input, or the built-in Bluetooth.
If you're towing skiers or wakeboarders, the talk-back microphone will come in very handy. Cueing Pressing the Talk button automatically mutes the music on Zone 1, so when there's announcement to be made, your crew will hear you through the tower speakers.
Made for life on the water
Built-in Bluetooth gives you another connectivity option when you want to play music from phones and other devices, while the Boat Link system (a Wet Sounds exclusive) lets you link up your system with your WS-220 BT-equipped boating buddies so you can all enjoy the same music. Bluetooth with AptX gives you excellent sound quality when you've paired up compatible devices.
Designed to survive the demands of life on the water, this rugged controller won't succumb to moisture and broiling sunlight. A conformal-coated circuit board protects the internals from corrosion and damage.
- built-in Bluetooth with AptX
- independent control of cabin and tower speakers
- source switch selects between main input, aux input, and Bluetooth source
- 3.5mm Boat Link allows you to link up with other WS-420BT-equipped boats
Inputs and Outputs:
- main input for marine receiver or other source
- 3.5mm aux input jack for MP3 players and other sources
- microphone input for Wet Sounds talk-back PA mic on Zone 1
- frequency response: 10 to 40,000 Hz
- signal-to-noise ratio: 80 dB at full output
- max output voltage: 5 volts RMS
- choose blue or red backlighting
- half-DIN (1" tall) chassis
- chassis dimensions: 6-7/8"W x 1"H x 5"D
- faceplate dimensions: 1-5/8" H x 8-1/16" W
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # WS 220BT
What's in the box:
- 4-Zone Bluetooth controller (2A fuse installed)
- Microphone with 34" coiled cord (approximately 10' when stretched)
- 2 Mounting brackets
- Four M3x4mm Machine screws
- Four 5/8" Self-tapping screws
- 4 Large washer/gaskets
- 4 Small washer/gaskets
- 2 Adhesive backed foam gaskets
- Owner's Manual
Scratch & Dent items may be missing non-essential accessories. In some cases the manufacturer's accessories have been replaced with generic equivalents.
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Wet Sounds WS-220 BT
4-Zone Bluetooth Controller: The Wet Sounds WS-220 BT is a 4 Zone level controller with built-in Bluetooth. The WS-220 BT allows independent control of four separate audio zones and a simple master volume control. All four zones are equal and can be set up to control your favorite Wet Sounds amplifiers to fed zones such as our tower speakers, cabin speakers, and subwoofers. The WS-220 BT is designed to give a user ultimate control at their fingertips over any audio system.
Note: The Wet Sounds WS-220 BT is designed to play the same source in each zone with independent volume control in each zone and an overriding master volume control for all zones.
Conformal Coated PCB: The Wet Sounds WS-220 BT is specifically engineered with conformal coated PCB to withstand the rigorous marine environment.
3 Source Inputs: You can choose to listen to music from a main source unit or an auxiliary input and for maximum versatility, the WS-220 BT also includes Bluetooth compatibility for wireless steaming convenience from your smartphone, tablet, or any other Bluetooth enabled device. All three sources have independent gain adjustments for the perfect matched output on any source.
- Main Input: The Wet Sounds WS-220 BT's Main input consists of stereo RCA jacks to connect your marine head unit.
- Aux Input: The unit's Aux input consists of a 3.5mm stereo minijack to connect a portable or marine audio device.
- Built-In Bluetooth w/ aptX: The WS-220BT features built-in Bluetooth 4.0 with support for wireless music streaming (A2DP) from Bluetooth-enabled source devices. You'll be able to wireless stream your stored music library and music apps from your Bluetooth source device to the WS-220BT controller. In addition to Bluetooth's standard SBC codec, the WS-220BT supports aptX for lossless "CD-quality" wireless sound from compatible aptX devices (like Android OS 4.0+). You will still continue to use your Bluetooth source device for playback control and to view song/artist info.
Talk Back Microphone: The WS-220 BT includes a talk back microphone with its own independent level control, allowing the adjustment of the microphone level independently of the music. The talk back microphone can be used to broadcast a voice over long distances - similar to a public address system. When the talk button on the microphone is pressed, music is automatically muted on Zone 1 and the microphone audio is broadcast over Zone 1. When the microphone talk button is released, music returns to the previous level.
Controls: Levels can be set for each of four zones independently, then the Master allows overall control of all 4 zones. You can also set Input Gain and the Mic Level.
- Source: Allows switching between Main (head unit), Auxiliary (wired audio device), or Bluetooth enabled wireless device.
- Master Level: This controls the overall volume of the system - overriding all zones with the exception of the Mic level control.
- Zone 1: This controls the level of whatever amplifier is connected to it. Microphone audio is broadcast on this zone only, so it is suggested that this zone be used for Tower Speakers. The Master Level control overrides this zone control.
- Zones 2-4. These control whatever amplifiers are connected to them. These zones are equal in operation, so they can be assigned in any way needed. The Master Level overrides all these zones.
- Mic: This controls the level of the microphone when the talkback button is pressed. Mic level is unaffected by the Master level control.
- Input Gain: Main, Aux, and Bluetooth input sensitivity adjustments. These are to properly match the inputs of the WS-220 BT to the outputs of the sources connected. You will need to remove the top of the chassis to access these Input Gain controls. If you are not an experienced installer, it is recommended to leave these adjustments in the preset factory position.
Boat Link. The WS-220 BT also includes the exclusive Wet Sounds Boat Link 3.5mm output jack, which allows you to connect and link your audio with other Wet Sounds equipped systems.
Auxiliary Input. 3.5 mm input jack for MP3 player or
additional wired audio source
Blue or Red Illumination: The Wet Sounds WS-220 BT can be set to Blue (default) or Red illumination.
Ground Isolation. If alternator whine appears in the system, the jumper position can be changed to even the grounding levels and eliminate the noise. Be sure the system is off before adjusting the jumper
Mounting Options: The WS-220 BT can be flush mounted in a 1/2-DIN opening, or the included brackets can be used to mount it below or above a horizontal surface. Mounting dimensions -
- Overall: 8.125" (w) x 1.6875" (h) x 6.1875" (d)
- Chassis: 6.9375" (w) x 1.0625" (h) x 5.8125" (d)
- Faceplate: 8.125" (w) x 1.6875" (h) x 0.6875" (d)
Power Requirements: The Wet Sounds WS-220 BT requires Switched Accessory, Turn-On, and Ground.
- S/N Ratio: 80dB @ 1V Input
- Frequency Response: 10Hz - 40kHz
- Max Output Voltage: 5V RMS
- THD: 0.05%
- Input Impedance: 20K Ohms
- Operating Voltage: 11-15V DC, Negative Ground<