About the Wet Sounds WS 420 SQ
Maximize your marine stereo
Maximize your marine stereo
Take control of your marine audio system with the Wet Sounds WS-420SQ equalizer. This compact, powerful device combines state-of-the-art technology and smart features to help you get the most out of your boat's audio system. Wet Sounds designed this powerful equalizer for marine use, with a conformal-coated circuit board that resists corrosion and rugged construction that can stand up to the rigors of life on the water.
Clearly marked inputs and outputs
Here's how it works
With two separate EQs in one ultra-compact half-DIN chassis, this 3-zone device gives you independent control over the volume of your tower speakers, in-boat speakers, and marine sub. You'll also enjoy independent control over the EQ on your in-boat and tower speakers, so you can customize the tone of each to suit your tastes. If you're hanging out at the dock, just use the in-boat speakers. If you're out on the water, crank up the towers and the sub and let it rock.
Smart features designed for boaters
Wet Sounds marine stereo gear is designed by boaters for boaters, so there are plenty of smart touches that you'll appreciate when you're having fun on the water. You can use the system's "talk back" microphone to communicate with your crew, the water skier you're towing, or other boats in the area. When you push the mic button, the system mutes the music coming out of the tower speakers, so you can use them as a PA system. Once the button is released, the tower speakers will begin to play again at the previous level. It's simple, smart, and safe.
The WS-420SQ is also equipped with Boat Link™, a Wet Sounds exclusive. With Boat Link, you can create a true "party cove" when you're tied up to another WS 420SQ-equipped boat. All you need to do is plug a long cable into the rear 3.5mm jack and run it to your neighbor's WS 420SQ. You can both enjoy the same music, while retaining individual volume control. It works on multiple boats too, so the more, the merrier.
- marine-rated equalizer and zone controller
- dual 4-band equalizer
- bass frequency: 100 Hz
- mid-bass frequency: 300 Hz
- mid frequency: 2000 Hz
- high frequency: 15,000 Hz
- 3-zone control of tower speakers, in-boat speakers, and subwoofer
- frequency response: 10-40,000 Hz
- talkback microphone turns tower speakers into a PA
- built-in Boat Link aux output connects to other WS-420SQ-equipped boats
- rear panel auxiliary input
- conformal-coated circuit board
- chassis-mounted RCA connectors
- red or blue illumination
- 7"W x 1"H x 5"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # WS 420 SQ
What's in the box:
- 2-amp mini-blade fuse (installed)
- 2 Mounting brackets
- Four M3x4mm Machine screws
- Four 5/8" Self-tapping screws
- 4 Large washer/gaskets
- 4 Small washer/gaskets
- 2 Adhesive backed foam gaskets
- Microphone with 34" coiled cord (approximately 10' when stretched)
- Owner's manual
Wet Sounds WS 420 SQ reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Wet Sounds WS 420 SQ
Description: The Wet Sounds WS-420SQ is a marine equalizer/pre-amp with line level outputs for tower speakers, "in-boat" speakers, and a subwoofer, plus a microphone input (with microphone included). The tower and in-boat channels have independent 4-band equalizers. There are three source inputs: main (RCA), aux (3.5mm), and microphone. The 1/2 DIN chassis can be mounted in-dash, or under-dash using the included brackets.
4-Band EQ: Rotary knobs adjust the output +/-12 dB at 100 Hz (bass), 300 Hz (mid-bass), 2 kHz (midrange), and 15 kHz (treble). The four center knobs control the in-boat channels, and the outer rings control the tower channels. There's a notch at each control's center position so it's easy to return to the flat setting. The EQ settings have no effect on the subwoofer output.
Volume: The relative volumes of the tower, in-boat, and subwoofer outputs, and the microphone input are independently adjustable. A separate main volume knob controls all the output volumes simultaneously.
Inputs: Use the rotary source switch to select between the main (RCA jacks on the rear panel) and aux (3.5mm mini-jack on the rear panel) inputs.
- Tower: Female stereo RCA outputs on the rear panel are routed to the amplifier powering the tower speakers. The tower channel outputs have an independent relative volume control (also controlled by the main volume) and independent equalizer controls. When the included microphone is keyed, the tower input is muted and the signal from the microphone is output through the tower speakers.
- In-Boat: Female stereo RCA outputs on the rear panel are routed to the amplifier powering the in-boat speakers. The in-boat channel outputs have an independent relative volume control (also controlled by the main volume) and independent equalizer controls. The signal from the included microphone is not routed to the in-boat speakers, thus keying the mic has no effect on those channels.
- Sub: Female stereo RCA outputs on the rear panel are routed to the amplifier powering the subwoofer(s). The sub channel outputs have an independent relative volume control (also controlled by the main volume). The sub output is full-range, so an amp with a built-in crossover should be used. The microphone also has no effect on the subwoofer.
Microphone: The included microphone plugs into a 3.5mm jack on the back of the WS-420SQ. Wet Sounds calls it a Talk Back Microphone and its signal is only routed to the tower speakers. When the microphone is keyed, the tower input is muted and the microphone signal is output through the tower speakers. The microphone has a belt clip for mounting.
Ground Isolation: The power supply ground can be changed using a jumper position inside the unit, in case of ground loop noise. The factory position is 220Ω, but can be changed to ISO or GND.
Illumination: A blue ring around each knob is lit whenever the unit is on. The color can be changed to red by changing a jumper position inside the unit.
Boat-Link: Wet Sounds' Boat-Link feature allows linking the system to another WS-420 equipped boat via a 3.5mm mini-jack on the back of the unit.
Input Gain: The input gains for the main input left and right channels and the auxiliary input left and right channels are set independently to match the source outputs to the EQ input. The four potentiometers are inside the unit.
- Faceplate: 7.36"
- Chassis: 6.922"
- Faceplate: 1.185"
- Chassis: 1.064"
- Mounting Depth: 5.582"
- Knob Protrusion: 0.634" (distance the knobs protrude from the mounting surface)
Mounting: The WS-420SQ can be flush mounted in an existing panel, or the included brackets can be used to mount it below (or above) a horizontal surface. Depending on how you bolt the brackets in place, they will extend the flange width of the chassis to either 8-1/8" or 9-1/4".
- Bass Equalizer Frequency: 100 Hz
- Mid-Bass Equalizer Frequency: 300 Hz
- Midrange Equalizer Frequency: 2 kHz
- Treble Equalizer Frequency: 15 kHz
- Equalizer Range: +/-12 dB
- S/N Ratio: 80 dB (1 volt input)
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz - 40 kHz (-3 dB)
- Maximum Output Voltage: 5 volts RMS
- THD: 0.05%
- Input Impedance: 20 kΩ
- Stereo Separation: 80 dB (at 1 kHz)
- Operational Voltage: 11-15 volts DC (negative ground)
1 question already asked