About the Wet Sounds WS-MC1
A compact, versatile entertainment center
A compact, versatile entertainment center
With Wet Sounds' WS-MC1 marine media center, you can enjoy your music your way while enjoying a day on your boat. This two-piece package consists of a 5" color TFT display that goes in your dash, along with a hideaway "black box" that can be installed out of sight. It's a compact, versatile package that's ideal for any boat.
Big power from a little black box
The MC-BB hideaway box contains a built-in amplifier and a global AM/FM/Weather Band tuner, plus a USB port and an AUX input. Built-in Bluetooth lets you stream music, and Simple Secure Pairing makes it easy to use your Android or Apple smartphone to crank your tunes.
Play some Pandora®
If you love Pandora® Internet radio, just connect your iPhone® or pair your Android phone and enjoy all your favorite stations while you're enjoying a day on the water. You can also plug in a USB thumb drive or portable music player and enjoy music you've ripped from your CD collection.
Add satellite radio
The WS-MC1 works with the SiriusXM tuner (subscription required, tuner sold separately), so you can enjoy satellite radio's incredible variety of music, sports, news, and entertainment programming when you're miles and miles offshore.
Easy to read and easy to use
With the MC-BB "black box" installed down below, you can control all your entertainment from the MC-MD main display. The clean, functional design and IP6-rated water resistance combine to give you outstanding ease of use and all-weather reliability. The big, bright 5" TFT display lets you see what's playing, and it's easy to browse through your folders or playlists when you're looking for just the right music.
Start your system here
If you're planning a great marine audio system, the WS-MC1 is a fantastic centerpiece. The receiver houses a powerful built-in amp, and you can access bass and treble controls through your wired remotes. In a larger vessel, you can set up four completely separate entertainment zones and control four LED light zones with the optional Shadowcaster module. You can also add a Wet Sounds MC-TR transom remote to control your entertainment while you're enjoying a swim.
By boaters, for boaters
As you might guess from the name, Wet Sounds knows a thing or two about marine audio. They're audio experts and boating enthusiasts, so a lot of expertise goes into every piece of gear they design. Wet Sounds audio gear doesn't just give you incredible performance, it's also engineered to stand up to the extremes of the marine environment.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- marine digital media receiver
- package includes compact hide-away black box and 5" color TFT controller
- power rating: 50 watts peak x 4
- built-in Bluetooth for music streaming
- global AM/FM/Weather Band tuner
- works with Apple and Android smartphones
- Pandora Internet radio
- high- and low-pass filters
- 4-zone source and volume control
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: RCA audio input; USB port
- control up to four LED light zones with optional Shadowcaster module
- works with Wet Sounds MC-TR transom remote
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # WS-MC1
What's in the box:
- Display controller (MC-MD)
- Hide-away black box (MC-BB)
- 8' System cable
- Wiring harness
- 15A fuse (installed)
- Rubber cover
- 4 Screws
- 2 Mounting clips
- 2 Threaded posts
- 4 Nuts
- Warranty sheet
Wet Sounds WS-MC1 reviews
Have not installed yet. Got delivered on time.
Pros: Still in box so nothing has gone bad yet
Cons: Still in box
0 of 2 found this helpful
I purchased the WS-MC1 to replace a Clarion CMD8 and couldn't be happier. The CMD8 has limited outputs, so I was using splitters to get signals to my tower speakers, internal speakers and subs. The WS-MC1 has multiple outputs that allowed me to connect directly to my amps, significantly improving my sound and cleaning up the mess of wires under my dash. The WS-MC1 head unit and remotes are much easier to configure and tune than the CMD8 and they look great. Note: WS does not currently stock a y connector to support multiple remotes.
Pros: Looks great, multiple outputs, user friendly interface, awesome performance
Cons: No Y connector available to support multiple remotes, head unit controller is smaller than CMD8 so I needed a plate to fill the hole in the dash
1 of 1 found this helpful
Sound, looks, and features are quite nice. The screen is hard to read, expecialy with sunglasses on, may be a lack of user knowledge. Could have a little better user manual and installation maual.
1 of 1 found this helpful
Great upgrade, replaced gauge style marine head unit, clear screen with night mode easy to use buttons and large volume knob. Nameable four zones with volume control and installed with four zone RGB lighting controller and can now control all LEDs through stereo head unit. Love the Full Pandora controls. Everything works great with my iPhone.
2 of 2 found this helpful
More details on the Wet Sounds WS-MC1
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Memory Card Slot||USB|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||25 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||1kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||White|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3|
Marine Media Center System: The Wet Sounds WS-MC1 is a two-piece Marine Media Center System, which consists of a Display Controller (MC-MD) and Hide-Away Black Box (MC-BB). The WS-MC1 provides audio and control for up to 4 Zones (each zone can be give a custom name). It also allows you to customize and store your favorite sources and audio settings for all zones. The Wet Sounds WS-MC1 has been specifically engineered to withstand the rigorous marine environment.
- Display Controller: The Display Controller (MC-MD) features a 5" TFT full-color display screen, plus simple rotary-dial and push-button controls, as well as 3 shortcut keys which can be assigned to any source input. Through either Bluetooth or USB connection, the Display Controller allows complete browsing of playlists, folders, and full-color displays of album artwork. This vibrant display has dual day/night modes that automatically switch with your vessel's lighting (its brightness can also be adjusted manually). Built for the marine environment with an IPX6 rating, the 5" display unit even has a voltage monitor and alarm to warn you when your vessel's battery voltage is reaching critically low levels.
- Hide-Away Black Box: All of the WS-MC1 Marine Media Center System's built-in sources and connections are found on the Hide-Away Black Box (MC-BB). You'll be able to access to a wide variety of audio sources - including AM/FM/Weather Band Radio, Bluetooth Audio Streaming, USB Input with iPhone/iPod connectivity and charging capability, Pandora for Apple iOS and Android, plus Auxiliary Input. The Hide-Away Black Box is also equipped with a built-in 4 Zone amplifier.
4 Zone Audio: The WS-MC1 Marine Media Center System features a built-in 25 watt RMS (50W Peak ) x 4 channel amplifier for 2 separate zones of audio. The MC-1 also features 8ch/4-volt line-level outputs for 4 separate zones of audio. Each zone can have a user customized label (up to 8 characters) for easy control any time. Once you have set the zone levels, the included Display Controller can raise or lower your vessel's complete audio system level. The same audio source is played back in all zones.
- Gain Level: You can independently adjust the gain level of each Zone (1, 2, 3, and 4), relative to the overall system volume.
- EQ & Balance: The built-in EQ allows adjustment of Bass, Midrange, & Treble for all audio zones of the W-SMC1. The Balance control allows adjustment between left & right of each zone individually.
- Source Level Adjustment: Source Level Adjustment allows individual volume level adjustment of the Bluetooth Audio and the Auxiliary inputs. Ideally all input sources in a system are the same volume level, but if not this adjustment might be needed if the output level of the Bluetooth Audio or the Auxiliary sources are louder than the other sources.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming w/ aptX: Thanks to built-in Bluetooth with support for A2DP/AVRCP, you are able to stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or tablet device to the Wet Sound WS-MC1 Marine Media Center System. In addition to support for the standard SBC Bluetooth codec, the WS-MC1 also supports aptX for higher quality "CD-like" music streaming from Android OS 4.0+ devices. The system will even provide basic playback controls such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Random/Repeat; as well as music browsing via Playlists, Artists, Albums, Genres, Songs, Composers, Audiobooks, or Podcasts (these categories can be searched alphabetically). In addition, the WS-MC1 will display song/artist info along with album art.
Note: The WS-MC1 does not support Bluetooth hands-free phone communication for answering or making calls.
USB Input: The Wet Sounds WS-MC1 Marine Media Center System features a USB-A input for connection, music playback, control, song/artist/album display, and charging of a USB MSC (mass storage class) device or Apple iPod/iPhone with Lightning connector.
- USB MSC Playback: The WS-MC1's USB-A port supports MP3 music playback of a connected USB MSC (mass storage class) device - such as a thumbdrive. The unit provides Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Random/Repeat control functions. It will also display song/artist info and album art.
- iPod/iPhone Direct Connect: The WS-MC1's USB-A port can also be used to connect an Apple iPod/iPhone device with Lightning connector (not compatible with 30-pin devices). You'll be able to play back stored music and music apps on your Apple Lightning device through the Marine Media Center System. The system provides basic playback controls such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Random/Repeat; as well as music browsing via Playlists, Artists, Albums, Genres, Songs, Composers, Audiobooks, or Podcasts (these categories can be searched alphabetically). In addition, the WS-MC1 will display song/artist info along with album art. The USB-A port (5V/1A) will even charge your connected Apple iPod/iPhone with Lightning connector.
Pandora Internet Radio: The Wet Sounds WS-MC1 lets you playback and control the Pandora music app (for Apple iOS 10.0+ or Android 4.0+) ) that is being streamed to your Apple iPhone or Android smartphone device. The WS-MC1 will also display artist name, song title, and album art provided by the Pandora app on your iPhone or Android smartphone. Your iPhone can be connected to the system's USB port or via Bluetooth, while your Android (OS 4.0+) smartphone must be connected via Bluetooth. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G) or WiFi. In addition, you will need an active Pandora music service account.
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z).
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or smartphone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
AM/FM/Weather Band Radio: The built-in AM/FM tuner provides manual, seek, and preset tuning. It also offers a Local/Distant feature which allows you to only pull in strong local stations or try to reach out to more distant radio stations. It also features a Weather Band tuner.
- RBDS (Radio Broadcast Data System): The Radio Data System (RBDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist & track information when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
- US/European Tuning: You can select between USA, Russia, Latin America, Asia, Japan, Middle East, Australia & Europe tuning.
Aux Input/Output: The Wet Sound's WS-MC1 is outfitted with a 3.5mm Aux input for connection of a portable digital audio player that features an analog output or headphone jacks. There is also a 3.5mm Aux output which allows you to daisy-chain the audio signal to another amplifier or powered speakers.
Wired Remotes: The WS-MC1 supports Wet Sounds' optional Wired Remote Controller (MC-TR) and Wired RGB Controller (WS-4Z-RGB-BB) - both sold separately.
- Wired Remote Controller: For full control of the Wet Sounds WS-MC1 Marine Media Center System from anywhere other than the helm, you can connect the MC-TR wire remote (sold separately). You can use the MC-TR Y cable (sold separately) to connect up to two Wet Sounds MC-TR wired remotes to a Wet Sounds WS-MC1 system. An optional MC-TR EXT 23' extension cable is also sold separately.
- Wired RGB Controller: The WS-MC1 allows the control of up to 4 Zones of RGB LED lighting when used with the optional WS-4Z-RGB-BB controller (sold separately). Co-Developed with Shadow Caster Lighting, the WS-4Z-RGB-BB allows individual or simultaneous control of four separate lighting zones on your boat. You'll be able to quickly change color and brightness or set the lights to dance to music. It supports Shadow-Caster's "Shadow-Net" devices. This allows communication with Shadow-Caster's line of under water and above water lights, along with standard RGB color changing.
Mounting Options: The Display Controller (MC-MD) surface-mounts to a flat surface of the helm and requires a 0.5" (diameter) cutout for the cable. The included mounting bracket and hardware secures the Display Controller to the flat surface. The Hide-Away Black Box (MC-BB) should be installed inside the cabin and not in direct sunlight or exposure to water. It should be mounted horizontally (not vertically) using the supplied screws.
- Display Controller Dimensions: 7.25" (w) x 4.125" (h) x 1.5625" (d)
- Hide-Away Box Dimensions: 10.25" (w) x 1.5" (h) x 6.8125" (d)
Power & Ground: The Wet Sounds WS-MC1 Marine Media Center System will require +12V Constant Power (Yellow), +12V Accessory Power (Red), and Ground (Black).
Firmware Updates: The Wet Sound's WS-MC-1's operating system has the capability to upgrade and update the firmware without removing the unit via the USB port. Please visit www.wetsounds.com/downloads to see the most up to date WS-MC1 operating software.
1 question already asked